Prologue & The Crow and The Swan

That 24 Hours

Prologue 

Min Yoongi open his wardrobe. Grab all he wants and throw them on his bed. Shirts and pants all over on his bed. Grab his luggage under his bed, but it's full of dust. “Ah-choo!” He end up by sneezing. He wipes his runny nose with his hand. He sighs. He back to the wardrobe. Grab the huge outdoor backpack. He smiles. In just 5 minutes. He’s done packing. He manages to laying on the bed. He smiles again. He is so happy. At last, his parents give their permission to let he do volunteer works. He is going to do volunteer things, helping the earthquake victims. Suddenly, he remember something. Passport! He open the makeup table drawer. It's not there. He take a look at the wardrobe. Nothing, only his clothes. He slams the wardrobe door. Hardly. Suddenly, an old dusty teddy bear fall off. Hit his head. He shock. “Whose is this?” Yoongi take the teddy bear on the floor. He remembers something. Something that he never ever forget. That 24 Hours. Recalling his memories.


Chapter 1- The Crow and The Swan

“Students! Attention! Today I want to announce your Mid-Term Examination results.” Mrs. Jung stand in front of the class. Serious face as usual. All of the students focus on their homeroom teacher. Except the cold head- Min Yoongi. He manages to sleep, his favorite world. Mrs. Jung mentioned one by one of the students and they take the examination slip with their own bare hand from her. “Cho Eujin.” Finally. Eujin stand up. Walking towards her teacher gracefully. She know she pass it with flying colours. “Congratulations, you made it again. I'm proud of you.” Mrs. Jung smiling proudly at her favorite student. “Thank you.” Eujin answered shortly. “Next, Min Yoongi.” Mrs. Jung’s eyebrows jointed. His slip is just red. She announced again. “Min Yoongi!” With high note voice. “Dae. I'm here.” Yoongi at last stand up. Scratching his eyes with innocent face, he just awake. “Meet me after the class.” Mrs. Jung was really mad. Yoongi just nodded back to his sit. “Okay, that's all for now. I will do a monthly test tomorrow. It is shocking right?” She smirk. “And student who fail that test will attending intensive class under Mr. Lee. I hope you’ll aware.” She's staring at Yoongi. Yoongi just gulping. All the students know that the intensive class is not even exciting. And Mr. Lee is really a big deal. “Okay, you may dissmissed.” 

~~~

“Don't forget to meet Mrs. Jung. Or she will be a lion.” The class president remind Yoongi. “Arasseo. I didn't even forget though.” Yoongi sighed. The class president smile bitterly and pat him. “Good luck, then.” Then, he leave. Yoongi stepping out from the class. Going to the teacher’s office. Suddenly, there's a girl approaching him. The girl seems pale and weak. She stop in front of him. A step away. She keep panting. “Help, me!” She lift her head. Yoongi can see her whole face. It's Cho Eujin, the model student. Her face was real pale. Her lips blue. “Are you okay?” Yoongi asked her. She not give a response. Suddenly, she fall out. Landed her head on Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi can feel her cold and sweaty face. He sighed. He slipped his arm under her neck and knees. Carrying her. Heading to school’s clinic.

~~~
He looked at his watch. Oh no! He was already late. Yoongi managed to run, heading to teacher’s office. He reached there within a minute. Searching for Mrs. Jung and walked towards her. “Jeongmal jesonghamnida. I’m didn't mean to late.” Yoongi bowed. “It's okay. I don't really remember to meet you until Mrs. Yoon remind me.” Mrs. Jung’s eyes fixed on the laptop’s screen. She changed her view. Staring at Yoongi. “I am so disappointed with your mid-term result.” Her face is serious. “But there's increased too right?” Yoongi back up himself. “But still, failed! Isn't it?” Mrs. Jung sighed. “I want to meet your parents.” Yoongi take a deep breathe. “Sorry to say. But you already acknowledged that my parents is totally busy. You want to meet them since my first year in this school. And you can't make it happen, right?” Yoongi talked straight-forwardly. “If you only want to say that, I want to go now. Thank you.” Yoongi bowed again and walked away. “Min Yoongi! Wait! Oh! He is totally cold-headed!” Mrs. Jung sighed again.

~~~
Eujin awake. “Where am I?” She rubbed her head. A bit dizzy. “Oh, finally you waked up! I’m so glad!” The school’s nurse smiling at her. “It's late now. You should back home already. If you walk home, I can give you a ride.” That was a really nice offer. “It's okay. My mom will fetch me.” Eujin smile bitterly. “By any chance, how can I reached here?” She wondered. “Oh, there is a boy carrying you here. You're fainted. He seems so worried about you.” The nurse answered her. “Arasseo. Thank you for everything! I am leaving.” Eujin get out of the bed. Bowed to the nurse and walk away.

~~~
Eujin walked along the empty hallway. The school had ended. She sighed. Her head keep spinning these days, and she ended up with passed out.. She smacked her head to the wall. “You're crazy.” She heard a voice from her back. She turned. “Min Yoongi?” She asked. Yoongi gave a smirk and continue walking. Eujin covered her face with her palms. Embarrassed for sure. 

~~~
*in Mrs. Cho car

“Eomma, I want to do medical check-up.” Eujin staring her driving mother. “You’ve done it last month, right?” Mrs. Cho focused on her driving. “But these day, I keep fainting. My head spinning a lot.” Eujin still hoping. “Just eat the pills that the pharmacist gave to you.” Mrs. Cho her daughter’s hair. “Arasseo.” Eujin shook her head down. Disappointed. Mrs. Cho noticed her daughter’s face was not really happy. As soon as they reached traffic light. Mrs. Cho hugged her daughter. She whispered. “You don't have to be sad. I'm here for you. We will do the check up next week. Arasseo?” She comforting her daughter. Eujin smiled. “Saranghaeyo eomma!” She tighten the hug. “I love you too, dear.” Mrs. Cho voice a bit shaky. She scared to tell her daughter the truth.

~~~
*Min’s family house

“I’m home.” He threw himself on the comfortable couch at the living room. His house was full of silence. He sighed. “Gong ahjumma!” He called out his maid. “Dae, Mr. Yoongi. Any favour?” The kind old woman bowed. “Ahjumma, I’ve told you already. Don't be too formal to me. You're just like my mother already.” Yoongi managed to switch on the television. “Arasseo, Yoongi-ah~!” Mrs. Gong smiled broadly, rubbing Yoongi’s head. She always well-treated by Yoongi even she kind of stranger to the family. “By the way, ahjumma, where's appa and omma?” Yoongi asked her. “Oh, they on flight now. Heading to Japan. They've gone just a while ago.” Mrs. Gong answered. Told the truth. “They already go? Without goodbye? They're not even wait for me?” Yoongi bite his lower lip. He kinda disappointed. Mrs. Gong sat on the empty spaces beside him. She tried to comfort him. “It's not like that. They're in rush.” Mrs. Gong tapped Yoongi's shoulder. “They just have to send me back to the orphanage.” Yoongi stand up. Heading to his room, slammed the door. Mrs. Gong sighed.

~~~
*the next day
*shocking monthly test

“Okay, students. I hope all of you remember my warning yesterday. You may start answering now!” Mrs. Jung sat on the teachers’ chair. Observing the students and gave a death stare to Min Yoongi for sure. Yoongi's gulping. He managed to answer it very well for the first time in three years. He doesn't have to fail again as his parents never care. So, he managed to clean-up his name and make Mrs. Jung proud. 

~~~
1 hour past. 1 hour more left. Eujin answered half of the questions well. She's so proud of herself. Suddenly, the pencil slipped from her fingers. She's totally shocked. She can't even sense her hand. Her face totally pale. “What's wrong with me?” She's panting. “You dropped your pencil, Eujin.” Mrs. Jung took the pencil from the floor and put it on Eujin’s table. “Kam..kamsahamnida.” Eujin smiled bitterly. She's shivering. She poked her palm with the pencil. Still no sense. Her palm was not hurt. Tears running on her cheeks. She scared.

~~~
*Min Yoongi POV

“I’m done!” I gave my watch a glance. What? 1 hour left. The question is too easy. I’m not show off but I’m born genius. Answering questions is fun though. Well, I regret that I just slept in all the examination before. My brain is resting enough. I look around. Everyone still answering. My eyes fixed on her again. I feel in peace whenever I see her. But wait?! What's she doing? Poking her palm with pencil. She's really crazy. Urgh. Rolling my eyes. But my eyes still fixed on her. I can't help it. Woo. She's crying now. I feel wanna just hug her and wipe her tears. But I know I can't. Is she's doing fine? What's make her crying? 

*end of Min Yoongi POV