Misunderstanding

It's not a Cinderella Story

Yoo Jiae POV

I went to the school with half heart. Honestly, I still don’t wanna go to the school, I don’t wanna meet him, but I can’t do that, right? I think I just need to avoid him in the school, but in the fact I can’t do that. This morning we entered the gate of the school together, our eyes meet for a while but we ignore each other and separated walk to our class. Okay, good, he ignore me and didn’t chase me again. But, I feel my heart getting more sick seeing him like this. It’s so hurt. Calm down Jiae.. because since today, everything will be going on like this.

When break time come, I, Jiyeon, and Mijoo going to the canteen, from far, I see he and his friend plus Yein and Sujeong eat together.
“Guys, sit here..let’s eat together.” Yein call us.
“I’m sorry Yein, we will sit here.” Jiyeon replied her. Thanks Jiyeon you didn’t accepted her offer. We sit in the seat behind them, I choose the seat where I can’t see him.
“Are you okay?” Mijoo asked me.
“I’m okay.” I smile at her.

When i go out from the class with Jiyeon and Mijoo to go home, I see he and his friend again in front of Taehyun's class. Maybe they are waiting for Taehyun and Seungyoon. Aish...i just realized that i must passed Taehyun's class to reach the gate of the school which it means I must walk in front of them. There's no other way.
"Hi guys..." Mino greet us. Seunghoon and Mino look at us but he look at another direction.
"Oh hi Mino.. are u waiting for Taehyun and Seungyoon?" Mijoo replied him.
"Yes.. we don't have another person to waiting for." Mino said.
 "Jiae-ya, I didn't see you yesterday.. are you didn't going to school yesterday?" Seunghoon asked me.
"Oh ne oppa..i didn't feel good yesterday..but it's okay now." I said and then Seungyoon and Taehyun get out from the class.
"Woho… guys do you have mathematic exam next week?" Taehyun greet and asked us.
"Yes we have..in thursday. Why?" Mijoo answered him.
"We also have mathematic exam next thursday." Taehyun said. “How if we study together?" He offered.
"Wah that's good idea. I'm so bad at math." Jiyeon agree with it.
"I even hate math. Math is like my enemy."Mijoo said.
"Math isn't my destiny." Taehyun added.
"Jiae doing good in mathematic." Jiyeon glance at me.
"Seungyoon doing good too in math." Taehyun said.
"Wuah...so we have two teacher.." Mijoo said.
"Okay...deal?" Taehyun said.
"Deal.." Mijoo agree.
"Deaallll.." Jiyeon said happily. "Since when we will begin?" She asked.
"But, I and Seungyoon haven't say yes.." I said.
"Oh..i'm agree with it." Seungyoon smile at me.
"Okay..Jiae will agree too.. you can't refuse it Jiae." Mijoo said to me.
"So, how if we begin tomorrow?" Taehyun said.
"Tomorrow? Okay okay... we agree with it." Jiyeon said.
"We?" I protest to her.
"Well.. see you tomorrow guys..we must go home soon before someone changed into angry elephant in here. Anyyeong." Mijoo drag me.
I hear the boys laughed behind when we leave them. Is he laugh too? I don't think so. He even didn't look at me. But it's what i want right?

When evening come, I waiting for my mom while watching my favorite drama. I have done my homework and i have cook for dinner.
"I’m home.." I hear my mom's voice. “Have you eat honey?” She asked me.
“Yes I have mom. I have cook for dinner.” I said.
“Huah...you cook it?” She look at dinning table. “Aigo..My daughter has grown up.” She sit beside me and caress my hair.
“You didn’t eat mom?” I asked her.
“Of course I will eat, I just wanna hug my daughter first.” She hug me tightly. “Jiae-ya…”
“Emmm…” I hug her back.
“I met father of your friend today.”
“My friend? Who?” I release our hug.
“Kim Jinwoo, your friend who ever you introduced to me.”
“What? But, Jinwoo oppa’s father is….”
“I know, he’s ex-boss of your father. Jiae-ya, he have told me about your problem with his son. You avoid his son because you hate him, right?”
“How he know that I avoid his son because of him, I even didn’t tell Jinwoo oppa about the reason why I avoid him, I just tell it to Jiyeon and Mijoo..” My voice lower in the end. I just realized that Jiyeon and Mijoo definitely tell Jinwoo oppa about my story.. aishh…that guys..
“Jiae-ya, listen to me. You have misunderstanding honey.” My mom smile at me.
“What misunderstanding mom?”
“Jinwoo’s father isn’t bad like what you think. He’s a nice person. I know he make a mistake when he put your dad in the jail without did investigation before, but at that time everyone accuse your dad, and it makes him must put your dad in the jail as people who should be responsible over the case that happen at that time.” My mom look at me deeply.
“But, he makes dad sick with he put dad in the jail because mistake that dad never did.” I said.
“Honey, your dad wasn’t sick because he was in the jail, even though he was at home at that time, it wouldn’t ensure that he wouldn’t get sick. Your dad was sick because that’s the time for him to sick, and he pass away also because his time has done honey. It’s destiny from God, you should be able to accept it.” My mom hold my hands.
“If he is nice person like what mom said, why he didn’t give our family dad's pension for dad hard work for his company?” I asked her.
“Jiae honey, he give it to us.. but at that time our families have very many debts and the money runs out only to pay all our debts. He even gave us extra money to our family in addition to your dad's pension. He’s nice person kid, he felt disappointed when his son mad at him because of your thought about him. He said that his son love you but you avoid his son because of him.”
“I’m sorry mom.. I just said something in my thought without know anything. I’m wrong.” My tears fall. I feel so regret and get little shock.
“It’s okay honey… now you have know the truth..  do you wanna apologize to Jinwoo?” My mom wipe my tears.
“I don’t know mom, I don’t think I can do that, because when I see his face I remember of the past. Our past life about the jail, dad, and our difficult life. I feel sad and mad when I see his face mom. I can’t do that mom, I can’t..” I cry again.
“It’s okay honey..it’s okay… maybe you need time. But, if you love him, you should can do that honey..” My mom kiss my forehead, hug me, and pat my head.

 

Kim Jinwoo POV

It’s been 6 months since Jiae refused me. Honestly, I miss her so much. But, what should I do? She didn’t wanna se my face. My dad already tell me the truth story about Jiae’s dad. I know all of this isn’t entirely the fault of my dad. Jiyeon and Mijoo also told me that Jiae already know about the truth story, but she still can’t see my face because I still remind her about her past life. I don’t know what should I do, everyday when I see her in the school I wanna run towards her and hug her. But I can’t do that. I just can see her face secretly from far. It’s so hurt for me. When I want to know about her I just can ask it to Jiyeon, Mijoo, Seungyoon, or Taehyun because they are close with her. But, the sad story is she never told them that she miss me. Is she already forget me? Is she never miss me although it just for one time?

I hear Seunghoon and Taehyun laughed. Their voice break my thought. Now, we are gathered in my house. Play games together while eat some snacks.
“Hyung, what are you thinking about?” Seungyoon who sit beside me asked me.
“Huh? Nothing.”
“Why you still asked it? Of course he think about your friend.” Mino said.
“Who? Ah…Jiae..” Seungyoon said loudly. I stare at him. “Mian hyung..” he chuckle.

My handphone vibrate. A call from my mom.
Ne mom?
Eoh, I have pack my clothes.
I will go on Monday? but you said I will go tomorrow?
Ah..arasseo..ne..ne.. ehmm..

“Hyung where will you go?” Taehyun asked me when call from my mom ended.
“America.”
“What???” Seungyoon and Taehyun shout at me, they looks shock because they didn’t know about it. But Mino and Seunghoon already know it.
“Why you go to America?” Taehyun asked me.
“I have plan to lecture in there. I will join entrance exam university in there.”
“But u already take entrance exam university in here.” Seungyoon asked.
“I know, but if I accepted in America, I’ll choose in there.”
“How about Jiae? Is she already know about it?” Taehyun said.
“Why she must know? She even didn’t wanna see my face.” I said. They look at me deeply.
“I’ll take some fruit and snacks for you.”I leave them and go to the refrigerator. I take out some fruit and snacks. I close the refrigator and lean my self. I take a deep sigh.

Jiae-ya..should I tell you that I’ll go. You are the reason why I want to  go.. because I wanna forget you Jiae..