Ice Cream

It's not a Cinderella Story

Yoo Jiae POV

Sun shining brightly, I walked to my class with Mijoo and Jiyeon who I met in the gate of the school. When I will get in the class I hear someone call my name.
“Jiae-ya..” I see Jinwoo oppa walk towards me, Mijoo and Jiyeon already get in the class.
“Jinwoo oppa, what are you doing here? You can’t find your class again?”
“Eyy…don’t remember it again. I’m ashamed.” He look at down and scratch his head.
“I just meet with Taehyun…” He look at me again. “mmh,, Jiae, you didn’t forget it right?”
“Forget about what?”
“About later…ice cream?”
“Oh..yes,, I remember it. But oppa, is it okay if we are go out together? I mean, how if the other kids suspicious at us?”
“I have told my friends about you. So, they are already know.”
“You told them?”
“Yes, because I ever asked them to help me find you. Well,,, Jiae, see you later.. I must go back in my class.”
“Oh, okay..see you later oppa.”
I see his presence fade from my sight and I don’t know why my lips suddenly smile..

“Someone looks happy.” Jiyeon said when I sit in my seat.
“Looks like fallin in love.” Mijoo said from her seat.
“Do you talking about me?” I glance at them.
“Do you feel like that?” Mijoo give me her suspicious eyes.
“Well, if you talked about me just now, I will said you are completely wrong.”
“Hwa…we are wrong Mijoo-ya, so what are you talking about with him?” Jiyeon pinch my arm.
“We just talked about……”
“About…..?” Mijoo close her head to me.
“Okay, I’ll tell you, he asked me to eat ice cream together because I ever help him before and he wanna say thanks with treat me.”
“You ever help him? When?” Jiyeon asked.
“At his first day in this school, when he can’t find his class, and I just bring him to his class.”
“So, he asked you to date with him?” Mijoo teased me.
“It’s not date Mijoo-ya, we just eat ice cream together, just it.”
“But, two person, boy and girl, going out together, is it call date, right?” Jiyeon said.
“Yes I agree with you Jiyeon-a.” Mijoo added.
“Whatever you said guys..”
I hear them chuckle but I ignore them because teacher had come in the class to begin the lesson.

 

Kim Jinwoo POV

Time for practiced dance,  it means time to meet with Jiae. We already change our uniform into clothes for the dance. I saw Jiae wear blue long shirt and black short pants. Wait, my shirt also blue. When we go to our position to begin practice, I get little shock because the colour of our  clothes is too same. Like a couple shirt. We seeing at each other and laughed.
“Wah..what is that?” Seungyoon said to us.
“Is that couple shirt?” Mino teased us, but we ignore them.
“I don’t know if you will wear blue.” I said to her.
“I don’t know too..” She said smily

And then we practice dance seriously, sometime she smile at me, sometime she looks exhausted. I know basicly she’s not dancer but she’s good too. She learned the dance step fastly. Dance practice over at 06.00 pm. When she drink her water, I said to her, “Let’s meet in the gate of the school.” And I walk to my friend without looking at her again. And now, I leaned my self in the gate of the school waiting for her. My friend who had know that I’ll go out with Jiae already go home. From far, I see three girls walk towards me. I think Yein and Sujeong already go home first.
“Someone waiting for you Jiae.” Mijoo words make me shy.
“I’m sorry if I make you wait.” Jiae said to me.
“Jiae fix her hair and her make up many times before meet you.” Jiyeon said.
“What? I’m not!” Jiae looks little upset with her friends.
“Let’s go oppa, don’t hear them.” Jiae move beside me.
“Prepare your money sunbae, she’s a good eater.” Mijoo said to me.
“Yahh..Mijoo-ya..” Jiae looks upset again.
“And you Jiae, don’t go home lately. Okay?” Jiyeon pointing her finger at Jiae.
“What? Are you my mom?” Jiae said to Jiyeon.
“Of course I’m not, you are older than me. Okay Mijoo-ya, let’s go home, we shouldn’t bothered them. Anyyeong sunbae.” Jiyeon and Mijoo wave her hand to me and leave us.

“Your friends so cute and sweet.” I said to Jiae.
“Mm..yes they are.” She looks at me.
“Let’s go now, the place isn’t too far from here, is it okay if we walk?” I said.
“It’s okay, I like walk.”

We walked side by side in silence. It feels awkward. I see she looks feel coldness.
“Is it cold, right?” I asked her.
“Hm? Yes.”
“Wear it.” I put on my jacket on her.
“But….you will feel cold..” She try to refuse my jacket.
“I will not. Just wear it.” I put it on her again.
“You know what Jiae, when I looking for the girl who help me, I ever think that you are the girl, but at that time you had different hair style with the girl who help me. You dye your hair and you have bangs too. It makes doubt about you.”
“Ah.. at the day when I met you, my mom did it to my hair after school. But, how can you know that the girl who help you is me?”
“It’s because your parfume, your eyes, and your voice. I just remember that from you because you wear a mask when we met right?”
“Yes, I wear a mask because I get a cold at that time.”

We talked many things until we arrived in the ice cream place. We eat ice cream while continue our conversation before. We shared many story too. I saw she laughed many times. Her laugh……I like to see it. I feel amazed when I see her smile and her laugh. After we eat ice cream, I want bring her to her home.
“May I bring you to your home?” I offered to Jiae
“You don’t need to do that oppa.” Jiae replied
“But I want, may I?” I try to offered it again.
“Is it okay for you? I mean do you can find the way to your home if you bring me to my home?”
“Of course I can.. although i'm bad at direction but I had live in korea since I was child...”
“You right.. okay, kajja..”

We walked again because Jiae said that her house isn't too far. When we pass the salon, someone in front of the salon look at us.
"Jiae??" A woman call Jiae.
"Omma.." Jiae walk to that woman and hug her. Omma? So, she is Jiae's mom?
"You haven't go home honey?" She hug Jiae back.
"I've eat ice cream with my friend. Omma, he's my friend." Jiae introduce me to her mom.
"Annyeongaseho. Kim Jinwoo imnida." I bow to her and she smile at me.
"I never see you before. You are Jiae's new friend?" She asked me.
"Yes. I'm her sunbae in the school."
"Omma, he's my partner in the dance. I've told you about Mijoo who ask me to join her dance team, right?" Jiae explain to her mom.
"Ah...dance for opening of dance competition? So, he's your partner? Wah..you get a handsome partner honey." Jiae’s mom had a good eyes. Keke..
"Omma...." Jiae whine at her mom.
"Kamsahamnida ommanim.." I cut Jiae’s sentence.
"Haha...you are so cute Jinwoo-shi" Jiae’s mom compliment me again.
"Omma are your job is done?" Jiae changed the topic.
"Not yet kid, i'm just get some fresh air in here. I must go back. I'll go home at usual time. You go home first and rest.."
"Okay, i'll go home first omma." Jiae kiss her mom and I bow to her. We walk again to Jiae's house.

"Your mom is beautiful." I said to Jiae.
"Of course she's beautiful, like me. hehe" She giggle show her teeth.. Cute.
"But I think she's more beautiful?" I .
"Jinjjaro? You like a ajumma than young girl?” Now her eyes wider than before.
"Yah..aniyaa....."
"But, you are right. My mom is more beatiful than me.” She cut my sentence.
"You are beautiful too Jiae. Don't worry...” I pat her head.
"So, your mom work at that salon?” I asked to her.
"Yes, she is also work at departement store.”
"She work in two place?” I get little surprise when I hear that.
"Yes, why? You looks so surprised..”
"Yes i'm surprised..how about your dad?” I get curious now.
“My dad pass away when i was in elementary school.” She look at me with her smile.
“Ah, I'm sorry Jiae..”
“No, its okay oppa…”
We silent for a moment.

“Do you want to know something oppa? After we met for the first time, I saw you in the next day and I want to say hi to you, but when I know that your friend is boys of winner group which that means you are also boy of winner group, I canceled it. Do you know why I never say hi to you although I saw you? Because i'm not like your friend.. i'm not kids of rich people.” She look at down.
“What are you talking about? Is it matter if you are not kids of rich people? You talking nonsense Jiae-ya.. do you think all of rich people is like in drama? Arrogant, bad, and just wanna be friend with rich people too.. it’s just in drama. Of course there’s some people like that, but not at all. You must like watching drama so much until you have mind like that. Am I right?” I glance at her with my smile.
“Yes you right, I like drama so much.” She said.
“Don’t ever think like that again. Arasso?” I said to her.
“Arra…”

We talking about another thing until Jiae stop in front of simple house that filled with flowers and some trees.
“Oppa, it’s my house.” Jiae show me her house.
“Wah beautiful house.”
“Your house definitely more beautiful and big than mine.” She smile.
“So,,, I’ll go home now.”
“Yeah…thanks for today oppa. Be careful.”
“Yeah..good night Jiae..”
“Good night oppa.”

I turn back but suddenly I remember one thing.
“Jiae-ya…” I call Jiae who will open gate of her house.
“Ne?”
“Mmm..can I have your number phone? Maybe we need to contact each other to talk about dance or….” I pull out my phone from my pocket and suddenly she grab my phone and type something.
“This is my number phone. Contact me when you’re home.” She give back my phone.
“Uh? Okay.. I’ll contact you later, goodnight Jiae..bye…” I wave at her and walk happily.

But, where should I go? Agh..the street make me confuse and I didn’t pay attention with street and direction when I was with Jiae. And now, I feel lost. I open google map in my phone to show the way home and I realize that my house so far from here. I don’t know which bus that should I take to my house. Pffthh…okay..i’ll call my driver to pick up me.