Wrong Person

It's not a Cinderella Story

Yoo Jiae POV

“Jiae-ya… wake up.. it’s time to wake up honey..” I heard my mom voice outside my room. But I didn’t answer her. I can’t sleep last night. Incident last night keep around in my mind, it makes my heart so hurt and tears can’t stop come. I’m sure that my eyes swollen right now.
“Honey, you already get up?” My mom entered my room.
“Ne eomma.” I sit in my bed.
“Hei, what happen with you? You look so bad this morning, you didn’t sleep well?” My mom pat my head.
“Eomma, may I didn’t go to school today? I feel so bad today.” I asked to my mom.
“Why? Are you sick?” She put her hand in my forehead.
“Ani, I just……” Should I tell my mom about him? Ah..no,, it can make my mom thinking of me. She just recovered from her sick. I didn’t wanna make her thought too much. “Please mom, just for today. Let me didn’t going to school. I wanna rest in home.” I beg to my mom.
“Okay, don’t go to school today. But, you can’t go anywhere, just rest in home, arraseo?” She caressed my hair.
“Okay, I’ll just in home. I promise.” I smile at her.
“Just sleep, you seem like didn’t sleep last night. I’ll prepare your breakfast in table, you can eat it later.”
“Thanks mom, you are the best.” I kiss her cheek and she leave my room.
I try to close my eyes. My eyes felt so tired and heavy….. and then I fall a sleep.

I wake up from my sleep at 11 a.m, I take a bath and eat meal that my mom prepared for my breakfast. After eat, I watch television, but there’s nothing interesting. I read a book but it make me sleepy. Ah,, I feel so bored. I decided to make a cake because my hobby is cooking, especially make a cake.

At 3 p.m, I watch movie while eat cake that I had made. Suddenly I heard someone knock door of my home.
“Surpriseeeee!!!!!” I see Jiyeon and Mijoo smile at me when I open the door.
“You, what are you doing here?”
“Why? We can’t go to your house?” Mijoo said and entered my home with Jiyeon. They sat in the couch in front of the television although I haven’t let them to sit.
“Wuah…there’s a cake.” Jiyeon said and they eat the cake.
“Hmm…it’s delicious. Where you buy this?” Mijoo said.
“I make it by myself.” I take sit between them.
“Jinjja?? How can you make it? You must teach me Jiae.” Jiyeon said. They just eat the cake while watch movie and I just look at them.
“Yah…guys…jinjja… what are you doing here? You come to my house and eat my cake.” I protest to them.
“Your mom tell me that you looks not good today and she asked us to visiting you.” Mijoo said.
“My mom? Aiishh…why she must asked you.”
“But, why you are not going to school today? You didn’t looks sick.” Mijoo asked me.
“I just…don’t wanna go to school.” I said.
“Why? Because of him?” Jiyeon look at me.
I just silent and watch the movie.

“You still didn’t wanna tell us?” Mijoo asked me.
“Are we not your friend anymore?” Jiyeon said.
“Why you talking like that?” I said.
“So, why you didn’t tell us anything? You suddenly changed like this without tell us what happen to you.” Mijoo looks upset with me.
“I……. I just…..” I sighed. I don’t know from where I should tell them.
“I don’t know what happen to me, my mind, my heart, everything felt so confused. I don’t know what should I do, I just felt sad and mad.” I said while cover my face. I cry and they hug me for a moment.
“Calm down Jiae,, you can tell us slowly.” Jiyeon said when they release their hug. Iopen my face, I wipe my tears and begin to tell them.
“You know me since we were in junior high school. But, you didn’t know about my life when I was in elementary school, right? Maybe you only know that my dad pass away when I was in elementary school, but do you know why my dad pass away at that time? At that time, my dad worked in a company. He’s worked in the financial. One day, he accused do corruption in his company. The owner of the company put my dad in jail. Altough my dad haven’t proven guilty, but he must stay in the jail before the assembly going on. When he was in the jail his condition not good, he sick and he must hospitalized. The doctor said my dad have so much tought and it made his condition drop. He just can go out from hospital to attend the assembly. After some assembly, my dad proven innocent, but his condition not changed. He keep sick and his condition become more bad. The owner of the company come to hospital to visit my dad and apologize. He said that he will pay for all the cost of hospital, but for what? My dad already sick and he can’t bring my dad’s health with that. In the hospital, my dad’s condition isn’t going better, his condition become bad and bad until…….. he pass away.” I take a deep sigh and wipe my tears.
“The owner of the company come to my dad’s funeral, he give my mom a envelope. I guess it’s money. He just give us money in envelope after put my dad in the jail until he sick. He even didn’t give my family pension money from had work of my dad during worked in his company. From that day my mom must hard work to our my life, and from that day too I hate that person so much. Even though my dad’s death is destiny of God, but why he put my father in the jail without did investigation before. I do hate him so much, because in my mind, he is the one who make my dad sick until pass away and make my mom work hard. He is the one who make our life like this. And do you know who is he? He is Jinwoo oppa’s father.” I explain to them.
“What?” Jiyeon looks shock.
“Heol..daebak.” Mijoo said.
“So, it’s the reason why you changed like this and keep away from Jinwoo oppa?” Jiyeon said.
“I know it’s not his fault. I know Jinwoo oppa know nothing about this. But seeing her face remind me to his dad, remind me of my dad, my life, it makes me remember all of the past. Honestly, I feel so bad for him. But, I can’t. I can’t see his face. When I see his face I feel sad and mad at the same time. I don’t know what should I do. But I just don’t wanna see his face. It’s so hard and hurt for me. I feel that I have falling in love with wrong person.” I cover my face again and burst into tears. They hug me again and the situation become silent. I just heard my sob.

 

Kim Jinwoo POV

I throw my self in my bed, I don’t know what I feel right now. One hour ago, I and my friends met with Jiyeon and Mijoo in the cafe. They told us about Jiae. So, it’s because my dad. What should I do? She didn’t wanna see me. I just remind her of the past. She hate me.
“Jinwoo-ya..let’s eat son.” My mom call me.
“Is dad eat with us?” I asked her from my room.
“Eoh, he already waiting for you in dining table.” My mom said.

Should I ask to my dad about it. I go down and sit in dining table. My mom and my dad eat, but I just play with my meal.
“Jinwoo-ya eat your meal.” My dad said.
“What happen son? Is there something wrong?” My mom asked.
“Dad, may I ask you something?” I encourage my self to ask.
“Wae? What is it?” My dad said.
“Dad, have you ever put innocent person in the jail?” I asked him straightly.
“Mwo? What are you talking about?” My dad looks shock.
“Just answer my question dad. Honestly.” I said. I see my dad and my mom look at each other for a while.
“Well,,, I ever make a mistake some years ago, but I already apologize to them. I even give them money too.” My dad said calmly. I’m getting upset heard his answer but I try to control my self.
“So, do you think money can bring back her father?”
“Her father? What do you mean?” My dad asked.
“The innocent person that you put in the jail have a daughter, and she is my friend.”
“So….?” He said calmly.
“So?? You just say ‘so’ after your fault to her family? I love her dad! But she hate me because of you! She didn’t wanna see me because of you! Because of your fault I lost her dad!” I shout at my dad and I leave dining table, back to my room again.