Jealousy

Is he the one?

Hoya, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Sungjong and Dongwoo were all studying in the samne university but only in different departments. 

They used to study in the same school as you so you knew them well. 

"Oppas, let me introduce you to Myungsoo. He's my friend. You guys can hang around together." You introduced them to each other.

They got to know each other and frequently hung out. 

______________________________________________

For the term project, you had to form groups of two and complete a information report on young children with leukemia.

During the weekends, you asked Myungsoo it he wanted to visit the children's hospital so that both of you could complete the report. 

"Ok." Myungsoo could manage to say short words. The doctor advised him not to stress his throat too much, if not he might permanantly lose his voice.

______________________________________________

"Annyeong, we are from the University of Korea. Can we visit the children here for a project?" You asked the nurse at the hospital politely. 

"Oh, of course. I'll bring you to see one patient that has been here for quite some time."

The nurse led the way and both you and Myungsoo followed behind. 

______________________________________________

"Eunmi-ah, there are people here to see you." The nurse opened te door to the ward and you saw a little girl playing with dolls on the bed. 

"Annyeong, Eunmi-ah. I'm ~~~~~. You can call me unni. This is Myungsoo, you can call him oppa." 

"Annyeong oppa." Eunmi only greeted Myungsoo and she didn't even bother to look at you. 

"Annyeong."

"Why are you here?" You realised that Eunmi was only talking to Myungsoo. 

"We are here for a project." You helped Myungsoo reply.

"I'm talking to oppa, not you." She rudely said. 

You were taken aback by her answer and Myungsoo was also a little annoyed. 

"I can't speak." Myungsoo wrote down on the notebook. 

"Ohhh, so we both have problems in our lives. Except that I'll be dying sooner." Eunmi said, with a sad expression on her face.

You felt sad for her. She was a beauty at such a young age and has blood cancer. Sometimes, you thought that this world was unfair. 

You watched as Myungsoo communicated with Eunmi. She told him her story. Lukemia was a family disease, she got it when she was just 3 and now she is 5. She lived longer than expected because she had friends at the hospital. 

You felt that she didn't really like you as she would avoid your questions.

During lunch, you and Myungsoo went to the cafeteria at the hospital. 

"Don't you think that Eunmi doesn't like me? She totally ignores me." You said. 

Myungsoo nodded. He wrote "I'll ask her why."

_________________________________________________

After lunch, Myungsoo said that he would ask Eunmi why she was acting like this. He went into the ward and you stood outside first.

"Eunmi-ah, why aren't you talking to ~~~~~ unni? You don't like her?" 

"Ani, it's just that I'm jealous of her."

"Jealous? Wae?"

"She's so pretty, smart, gets to go to university, is healthy. And most of all, she has oppa as her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?! Aniya, you've mistaken. We are just friends."

"But I think you like her more than friends. Tell her. She'll feel the same way."

Myungsoo shyly rubbed the back of his neck. *Eunmi thinks I like ~~~~~-ah?*

Myungsoo awkwardly left the room and you entered. 

"Eunmi-ah, Myungsoo told me already. You don't have to feel that way. Let me tell you something. Unni was also very sick when she was young."

"Jinjja?" She asked you with big round eyes.

"Neh, when unni was young, I was weak and got sick easily. There was once I had a high fever, almost got into danger."

"Wahh, I didn't know unni was like that. But now you still have a wonderful live." She said sadly.

"Your life is also full of interesting things isn't it? You have so many friends around you. Don't be sad."

"But I'll be dying soon."

"At least if you are happy now, when you leave, you'll bring great memories with you. Try and be happy. Smile more, you are prettier that way."

"Unni thinks I'm pretty?"

"Of course, you are the prettiest little girl I've ever seen."

"Ok, then I'll smile more to be prettier than unni." She said. 

Myungsoo came in and the three of you chatted until it was bedtime for the children.

Before going, you and Myungsoo promised to visit again. Each of you gave Eunmi a goodbye kiss and turned to leave. 

Before you could leave, Eunmi grabbed your hand. She motioned you to bend down as she had something to tell you. 

"Unni, oppa has something to tell you. Ask him to tell you later." She said and gave you a smile. 

_______________________________________________

Myungsoo walked you home and before he left, you suddenly asked him.

"Myungsoo-ah, do you have something to tell me? Eunmi said that you have something to say."