CHAPTER 13.

The BOYS Next Door. :]

Donghae's POV


 




                                     "Ummmm......I'll just go out and.....buy some...................stuff! Yeah...stuff!"

 


And just like that, Yeonra rushed out of the apartment as soon as she and Chansook went back from the balcony.

 


                                                                         Why did she rush out?
 



.........I guess I was just too immersed in my conversation with Hee-In.....I mean, I haven't seen her since middle school~ What do you expect to feel when your best friend-turned-crush called you after 4 and a half years?



"Here....." I jumped a bit in my seat when I saw that Chansook was already sitting beside me "I'll finish up your bandage."


The awkward silence between Chansook and I lasted for a few minutes while she was cleaning up the medical supplies that she and Yeonra used to treat my bruise. She stood up and went to the bathroom to return the supplies and I got up from the couch to look at the pictureframes hanging from the wall near the stairs.

The pictures consisted mostly of Chansook and Yeonra from their childhood days until the present......and although the wall had numerous pictures hanging on it, there was one particular photo that caught my attention.



It looked like it was their high school graduation because everyone in the backgound consisted of students in white robes, parents hugging their children, and black caps being tossed in the air.

In the center of the photo was Yeonra and Chansook. Both of them had one of their hands raised while holding each of their diplomas and I assumed that the other persons who were with them were their classmates. What caught my eye was the person standing next to Yeonra.....

 



                                                                               'You again?'

 


You don't have to be a genius to figure out who was beside Yeonra. My right hand clenched into a fist when I saw that his left arm was hooked around Yeonra's waist and his right hand was clasped with his left, enclosing her in his arms. His left cheek was touching that of Yeonra's and he had this annoying [What? It looked like that to me....] but really bright smile on his face

 

 
                                                                 'Who REALLY IS this Yoochun guy?'




What bothered me was the fact that Yeonra had the same bright and happy smile on her face.....


"Is he................."




"Hey Donghae.......what were you saying?" Wow, that was fast....

Chansook has just returned from the bathroom and was looking at me with curious eyes. "Who.....me?" I answer nervously. I hope she didn't notice I was staring at Yeonra and Yoochun........

"Well, I WAS going to ask you something else......but seeing as you're enjoying yourself with some quality time with our pictures there....." We looked at each other and after a brief moment of silence, both of us gave out a small chuckle.

"I'm sorry if it looked like I was too focused on your pictures here.." I smiled

"Nah, it's okay.....Yeonra and I like to look back at those pictures too."

"So........." I said

"So........." She continued


 


                                                                                    "Who's~"
 



Both of us spoke at the same time but Chansook motioned her hand signalling that she wanted me to ask my question first. I nod my head to thank her and as I did, I started my question.....


"Chansook, if you don't mind me asking.......who's that.....................................person there?" I pointed towards Yoochun in their graduation picture.

Her face immediately gave out a bitter smile and she started to talk "Oh....THAT person?" I nodded "That's Yoochun.......the guy who took Yeonra home last night...."

I tried not to look too concerned about the topic because she might sense that I'm hiding something......WHICH I AM NOT.



                                                                 [ A/N: But he really is...... :)))))) ]



".......look, I know you might be wondering why I always act a bit angry around Yoochun, right?"

"Ummmm........" I couldn't look directly at her because of my nervousness

Chansook didn't wait for my reply as she sat down on the couch again and dragged me with her "Here's the gist......."

 



"Yoochun was.........................................................................................Yeonra's ex-boyfriend."



                                                 'I KNEW SOMETHING WAS HAPPENING BETWEEN THEM.'



"He was one of our classmates in high school........he started having a 'thing' for Yeonra when we were in our freshman year, but it wasn't until our sophomore year that he started courting Yeonra. I knew that she was attracted to nice, sweet, and romantic guys, and Yoochun was just that. It was after a year of courting that she and Yoochun became an official couple, and they were together for two years."

"Were?" I asked curiously

"Yeah.............WERE. Do you want to know why?"

"I............"

"I'll tell you anyway." She laughed. I just gave a nod and Chansook started once again in her "story telling" session.


"Well...........................there was this one night that Yeonra and I, together with Yoochun and our friends, went to hang out at this club......Of course, since the two 'lovebirds'  couldn't seem to be separated from each other, I always tried to pull Yeonra to the dance floor to lighten her up a bit......................but I guess I should've let her stay with Yoochun......"

 


"Why? What happened?"

"When I pulled Yeonra for the third time out on the dance floor, we just left Yoochun drinking on the bar. She and I danced for about 3 songs out on the center of the club and we were about to return to the bar when........"

"When.................................what?" I tilted my head slightly

"We saw Yoochun kissing another girl......a RANDOM girl that we don't even know....................next thing I knew, Yeonra ran out of the club with Yoochun following behind her........................................................................................but it's only now that both of us found out the truth..................This morning.................................................Yeonra told me that she and Yoochun 'talked' last night, and we found out that what happened a few months ago was............................................Yoochun was telling the truth. It wasn't his fault, he SAID that the girl who kissed him was the one who was drunk.........................but that's only HIS point of view."


 


"Chansook............................I'm sorry if it seemed like I'm prying~"


"No, don't be!" She changed into her normal and hyperactive self "At least now I have someone else on my side, right?" I kept my head down and rubbed the back of my neck "Don't worry Donghae..................................................................................................................I'M ROOTING FOR YOU AND YEONRA." Then she gave me a playful wink


 


                                                              Me?..................................and Yeonra?
 



AHHHHHH~~~~~I'm too confused about my feelings!! Someone help me! I couldn't POSSIBLY have a 'thing' for Yeonra...........................................................RIGHT?

Don't get me wrong.................I admit in the past few weeks, I've been thinking that I MIGHT like Yeonra, but I guess I was too dense to admit it to myself...........................................................I mean, I have Hee-In! But........I haven't seen her in so many years.......but now that she's back................................WHAT DO I DO? Well, I guess this Yoochun guy must really be committed to Yeonra since he CLEARLY doesn't want to give her up.....


So, if Yeonra has Yoochun............................................................................................................................then I have to get Hee-In back! I can FINALLY have the chance to tell her my feelings......



I almost forgot to say goodbye to Chansook as I stood near their door "Hey Chansook.....................thanks for trusting me, with all the 'secret' stories." I smiled

"No problem, Hae!" She waved goodbye and I went out of their apartment and headed out to the mall to buy Hee-In a gift for the first day of school tomorrow






 




 


Yeonra's POV





 

You'd probably think that I would go to the park to clear up my mind, but no.....I prefer going to the mall because when I'm in the park, I will just end up feeling more isolated and lonely...

I wander around the mall for a few minutes before stopping in front of a sweets and confectionaries shop. On the shop's window, you could see the different assorted candies, chocolates, and desserts that they were selling. Eating ALWAYS makes me feel better when I'm not in a good moode, so without second thoughts, I entered the shop.

 


I wanted to buy the special dark chocolates I saw in the middle of the store, but I decided to look around to see if I can still find a better one to buy. I roam around what seemed to be countless shelves of every imaginable sweets there are. Gummy bears, jelly beans, white chocolate, milk chocolate, and EVERYTHING ELSE.


                                                    Note to self: Bring LOTS of money when I come here again.


I finally decided to buy the special dark chocolates, so I went back to the middle of the shop to pick them up. But I was surprised when I saw that they were no longer there....

 


"Maybe someone bought it already.........I should go ask if they have other stocks...."

So I went to the counter, only to be surprised by.......................








                                                                                     DONGHAE.







......................................and WHY IS HE HOLDING THE BOX OF SPECIAL DARK CHOCOLATES???



"D-did he s-see me??" I asked myself
 


Did he follow me here? Did he see me looking at that box? Is he buying it for me??

Okay, Yeonra..............CALM DOWN. Take a few deep breaths......................BREATHE IN. BREATHE OUT.

 


                                                                    [A/N: Yes, I am also a B2UTY. :) ]
 


Sighing, I just continued walking to the counter as if I didn't notice that he was there. When I was right beside him, he called out my name..

 


"Yeonra-ah, nice to see you here."

"Oh, you too, Donghae oppa~" I force a smile "So...........................what brings you here?"

"Me? Well, I'm just.................buying these for a special friend." He started to laugh

 



Before I could ask him who his 'special friend' was, his phone rang and vibrated in his pocket so he turned around to answer his phone. But since he was just right beside me, I could still hear his conversation.
 



"Hey, Hee-in!"
 


                                                                  'Hee-In....................your girlfriend?'
 


He was nodding a few times which told me that she was probably asking him a lot of questions.....

"Yah! Save your inqueries for tomorrow, okay? After all, we WILL be attending the same university~"

 


                                                         'Sh-she'll be g-going to Seoul U-university too......?'
 


"Oh, and before I forget, I bought you your favorite kind of chocolate! Okay, okay.............I'll see you tomorrow, Hee-in. Be sure to prepare all your things for school, okay? Bye~"
 


When he turned around, I gave him a confused look. I think he sensed that I wanted to know who he was talking to so he said, "I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, okay, Yeonra?" He looked at his watch and gasped "Hey, I actually have to go now............but I'll see you tomorrow at school!"

After that, he exited the shop while waving goodbye......


"So the chocolates were for 'Hee-in'........" I mumble

 


After I went out of the shop, empty handed and hungry, I thought of what happened during the past few days and I found myself dialling a phone number that was all too familiar....
 


                                                           'I hope I'm making the right decision...........'

 


"Hello?" I call out

"Hello? Who's this?"

"I-it's me........."

"Oh..........................I'm surprised you called, Yeon-ah......"

"About what you said......."

"Yeah..........what about it?" I could sense him smirking from the other line























 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






                                                                           "MY ANSWER IS YES."

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

HELLOOOOOOOOO!

 

 

I WATCHED SUPER SHOW 3 LAST NIGHT WITH MY FRIEND, AND IT WAS A BLAST!!! THERE WERE MANY EXCITING THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING THE SHOW, SO I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL THEM ALL~ :))))))))

DONGHAE BB WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HANDSOME. :D:D:D

 

PS.

KEEP ON COMMENTING, SUBSCRIBING, AND READING!