CHAPTER 12.

The BOYS Next Door. :]

Yeonra's POV

 

 





                                                                   TICK.TOCK.TICK.TOCK.TICK.TOCK.

 




See?? I could even hear my own wristwatch ticking because of the awkward silence between Chansook and I.



"Y-yah...........why would you ask something like that??"

"Don't give me that innocent look................tell me what happened last night."


 

TRAPPED! Someone help me! Call the FBI! Call 911! Call my neighbor! 'Oh wait, he's already inside..................................................and injured.'
 


"......................................................FINE. Since I KNOW you won't let me out of here....." She immediately smirked in victory.

"Good~ That's what I wanted to hear. Now...." She pulled me towards the railing of the balcony and rested her head on her palms acting like a little girl "Tell me EVERYTHING~"

"Well................."

 



I tried to explain what happened last night being VERY EXTRA CAREFUL with what I say. Chansook can be TOO imaginative at times, and let me tell you...........it's not pretty to hear your bestfriend shouting out every crazy [and erted] idea that pops into her mind. :|



 


"So.................." I said

".........."

"DON'T STARE AT ME LIKE THAT!" Aish, this girl!

"O____________________________O"

"YAH, CHANSOOK-AH, USE YOUR WORDS!" She better learn to speak now or I'll leave her here!

"YOU..........YOOCHUN..............DONGHAE................................................AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

 


GOSH, CAN THIS GIRL SCREAM. Before she could alert the whole building, I covered heer mouth with my hand. And being the tough girl she is, SHE BIT MY HAND! Yes, she BIT me.
 


"WHAT WAS THAT FOR???"

"Nothing....." Trying to act all innocent, eh?

"Fine, be that way........" I was near the handle of the sliding door when Chansook pulled me by my loose hoodie back to where she was.



"Look.............." Ok, this is SCARY. Her face is all serious-looking right now. O___O

She started, "Yeonra, I know you haven't FULLY gotten over Yoochun yet......but I can see that you and Donghae HAVE chemistry. As your best friend, it is my DUTY to tell you what's best for you, and right now, I think the choice is not Yoochun. I mean, you know WHAT happened right? We both know what we saw, and......"

 


"YES, you don't need to remind me again." I gave out a bitter sigh "I don't know how I feel about Donghae, I mean, we haven't even known each other for a few months. But still, I can't just erase Yoochun like that. You know how I felt about him, Chansook. He may be a jerk, but I know deep down he's the same caring and loving guy like before."
 


"I'm sorry...........but you know it's the truth. I'll tell you what, if Donghae has a girlfriend, THEN I'll choose Yoochun for you, okay?" She joked.

"You promise?" I started to follow her joke while laughing

 


"PROMISE." We said in unison as our pinky fingers connected with each other.










 


Donghae's POV

 





                                                         'I wonder what those two are doing outside.....'


 


I tried to look at their direction, but somehow everytime I move my head, my cheek starts to hurt more and more. Just then, my cellphone rang but I was surprised [REALLY SURPRISED] to see the Caller ID. I stared at the screen for a few moments before taking in the thought of who was calling me. After that, I answered the phone, trying to be my usual calm but happy-go-lucky self.
 



"Hello?" I called out

"Yah, Lee Donghae, do you not know who I am??"

 


A short silence filled the room, and the telephone line.....before I realized who called me.......
 


"HEE-IN!" So much for being calm........Way to go, Donghae.

"DONGHAE!!" Glad to see she's still the same girl I knew before..... :)

"Guess where I am!"

"Ummmmm, travelling all around the world?" Yup, that's what she usually does since her father's the owner of a travel agency.....

"No, silly.................I'm in Seoul!!!"


 


                                          Can you please repeat that? Did I hear her say Seoul? SEOUL? HERE??
 



"S-S-eou-ul?" I stuttered

"Yeah! Oh, and I'm going to study at Seoul University! Isn't that great??"

"Ummm.......yeah! So I guess we'll be seeing more of each other, neh?" I asked

"OF COURSE. I'm your crazy best friend, if we don't meet each other, I'll hunt you down." THAT'S HEE-IN, ALRIGHT. "Hey, I actually have to go take care of some school stuff, I'll call you later, okay? BYE CHAGIYA~!"

I laughed at her last line "Arasso, bye chagiya~"


 



Before you throw rocks at me, I'll clear things up a bit. The one who called me was Song Hee-in.
 


I first met her in high school, and now we're best friends. Hee-in was a pretty, kind, spontaneous, but sometimes VERY clumsy. Lots of guys were attracted to her, and yes, I was one of them. Unlike the other guys in the school who would just run up to her and confess, I just kept my mouth shut. After getting to know Hee-in, I found out that she doesn't like being the center of attention, and that she also disliked fake people who only look at her on the outside. She's a simple girl who wants people to like her for HER, not for how she looks on the outside.
 


I guess you could say that I became her "bodyguard". I protected her from the crazy guys all round the school. It even went to a point where I had to pretend to be her boyfriend just so her "suitors" would leave her alone. Ever since then, we would always joke about calling each other CHAGIYA.

I guess we just got used to it, even if we're not a couple.
 


Even if it was only for pretend, I enjoyed all the times I've spent with her. Sound like a cliche, right? The best friend who hides his feelings to keep the one he loves happy.....









 

 

Yeonra's POV

 

 




I know that Chansook made her statement seem like a joke, but she should know that I sometimes take jokes seriously. But if Donghae oppa really or hypothetically have a girlfriend.............WAIT! Yeonra, stop thinking about this!
 


GAAAAAAHHHH!!! I'm all confused right now! I mean, I think I still love Yoochun......................but what about Donghae? I'm not denying that I like spending time with him, but...........



                                                 CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A SIGN TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER???



I went back inside with Chansook following right behind me.


 


                                                                           "Arasso, bye chagiya~"
 



Both of our eyes widened when we looked to find the owner of that voice.................DONGHAE.
 


Chansook and I looked at each other.........................THIS WASN'T THE KIND OF SIGN I WAS LOOKING FOR. "Chagiya"? Who was he calling chagiya? His girlfriend? Aish~ I shouldn't be asking that question if the answer is already obvious! Okay............calm down.................................why should I be worried? I don't like him like THAT.......................do I?
 


Being completely oblivious to the fact that Chansook and I heard his "goodbye" on his cellphone, Donghae turned around to face us. He was smiling like there was no tomorrow.
 


"Oh, hi~" It feels weird seeing him all giddy like this....

"Hey....." We say at the same time

 


A few minutes passed by with us just standing in the living room, and Donghae smiling and staring into space. How awkward can this get??

 


I decided to break the silence, "I-I'll just go out to.....ummmm, buy........stuff. Yeah, stuff! Ummmm, Chansook, can you finish up bandaging Donghae?"

"Wait! Where are you-----" I heard Chansook say before I stormed out of the apartment and head for the elevator. I clutched the left part of my chest to feel my heart beating [well, more like POUNDING] at a really fast rate.


 


As the elevator went down each floor, I tried to gather my thoughts and compose myself as I processed what just happened back at the apartment. So, Donghae.........................has..............................................................a girlfriend.....?










 

 

 

 

 

 

 




                                                     'DOES THIS MEAN I SHOULD PICK YOOCHUN NOW?'

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

I'M BACK!

 

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT...........ENGLISH RESEARCH + ECO BAZAAR + FILIPINO AND HEALTH RESEARCH + DANCE COMPETITION FINALS PRACTICES + LOTS OF OTHER THINGS   =    O_________O

YAY! SOME PEOPLE ARE FINALLY COMMENTING! I'M REQUESTING THAT YOU GUYS KEEP ON COMMENTING BECAUSE IT REALLY MAKES MY DAY AND INSPIRES ME TO WRITE MORE! :D

 

 

JUST TO WARN YOU GUYS, THERE WILL BE A PLOT TWIST IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. :]

 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER!