CHAPTER 2.

The BOYS Next Door. :]

STILL FLASHBACK




Chansook's POV


"Hmmmm.mmmmm....Hmmm....mmmm~" I hummed to my favorite song while heading towards Seoul University


TODAY WAS THE DAY OF THE ENTRANCE TEST. Not to put much pressure on me.....but this test WILL determine my future......I kept on opening my messenger bag to see if I brought the things I needed, and I DID IT EVERY 5 MINUTES. Hey~I'm not a nerd as you may think! It's just that I get bored....A LOT, so I spend my time reading books and singing. Unlike my best friend, Yeonra, who likes to spend her time dancing....ALL THE TIME.

As I got near the universty's gate, I stopped at the entrance and started to text Yeonra:



Ya! Where are you? I got here early.....so that means I win our bet! :P You have to buy me food later!

 

Then, I started to hear what I thought was Yeonra's message tone



"Wait......WHAT'S THAT SOUND??"

 

I turned around to see none other than Yeonra walking casually towards the gate

 

"Yeonra-ah! What took you so long?"

"Hey, hey, calm down! We still have over half an hour before we go into our assigned rooms."

"Well, I guess you're right...but I got here first so, you HAVE to buy me food later!"

"Ugh....you say that like it's my OBLIGATION." She tried to give an annoying look but I tried to convince her by doing my aegyo. She looked weirdly at me then laughed to herself as I did this and she said,

"That only works for BOYS and PARENTS, Chansook-ah." She laughed again, causing me to pull off a sad expression "Fine.....I'll buy you food later" I then smiled like a kid and we both entered the university and headed towards our assigned building.



 



Yunho's POV


Donghae and I were sitting on a bench near the building where our test area was. And I must say it was AMUSING to see the people roaming around the campus.....some were just waiting for the time, some were reviewing in groups, and some were just plain lost. Honestly, I don't know why.....but I'm not nervous of taking the test. I mean, you'd think that I WOULD be since this is my ticket to college, but something inside me today is making me feel like nothing could go wrong today....



                                                                                   *SLAP*
 


"OW!!!" I turned my head to face Donghae......trying to look all innocent eventhough I KNEW he was the one who hit the back of my head.

"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR??"

"NOTHING~ I was just bored......and I HAD to 'wake' you up somehow..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well.....you were staring at the sky while smiling to yourself, and honestly.......IT LOOKS CREEPY. You don't believe me, DO YOU? Well.....you kinda looked like this..." Donghae imitated me and I had to say that it DID look creepy.

"Aish~ stop doing that! It's giving me a weird vibe!"

"YOU were the one who did it!" I kept silent for a few seconds when....."You know I love you Yunho-ah...." Donghae looked at me with his twinkling eyes and I got CREEPED OUT MORE THAN EVER~!!!!

"YA! Don't look at me like that! Let's just go to our assigned building...."

For the remainder of our walk, Donghae kept on making jokes in the hopes of lightening up my alleged "serious and meditative" mood.

 





Narrator's POV



Yeonra and Chansook reached the building when the Chansook shook Yeonra's arm and said,

 


"Hey Yeonra-ah, I want to check out the building...Want to come with me?"

"What do you want to do that for? The orientation will start in 10 minutes so we'll have the chance to do that later..."

".......okay, MOM. Can I go to the comfort room, umma?" Chansook said, while trying to annoy Yeonra. Yeonra just laughed sarcastically as she said,

"Of course you can....." As Chansook was trailing off to find the comfort room, Yeonra said something that made her stop her tracks

"Han Chansook, if you continue to do that, I WON'T BUY YOU FOOD LATER."



Chansook turned around only to find Yeonra smirking in her place. Chansook gave her an 'are-you-serious' face as her eyes went wide. Yeonra laughed a bit then waved goodbye as she went towards the notice boards near the building's lobby.


                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Yah.....Yunho-ah! Yunhoooo......." Donghae said as he flailed his arms around like a bird



Some people started looking at Donghae and Yunho quickly controlled him by trapping his arms in his hands. He then asked,

"What is it Donghae?!"

"Oh....it's good to see you're still in your right mind. I thought you were spacing out again...Anyways, I'm going to go to the notice boards to check which rooms we're in, okay?"

"Is that it? Aish....fine. I'll be near the stairs to kill time."

"I'll just catch up, alright?"





Yeonra's POV


I searched for my name and Chansook's on the notice board, and I let out a loud groan and pouted when I saw that we weren't going to be in the same room.


"AISH~!!!" Then, I saw someone tap my shoulder and when I turned around....

"Umm....excuse me, but...are you okay?"



I swear I just lost my common sense when this REALLY HANDSOME GUY talked to me. I mean, WHO WOULDN'T GET DISTRACTED WHEN THEY SEE THAT FACE? Much less be 2 feet away from him......RIGHT NOW I WAS PRAYING TO THE HEAVENS THAT I DON'T FAINT......



*wait, SHOULD I FAINT? Then maybe he'd catch me, and maybe.........PARK YEONRA! Get a holdof yourself! You don't even know this guy!*

 

I mentally slapped myself and snapped back to reality when I realized that my mouth was still open...

 

 



Donghae's POV


I was just scanning the notice board when I heard a girl groan near my left side. Being the KIND guy that I was, I approached her and asked if she was alright



"Umm....excuse me, but...are you okay?" I said as I tapped her shoulder

*Wow....she's pretty.*
I thought to myself....I then noticed that she was just staring at me....



                                                                                Not moving.
                                                                         With open.
                                           She was blinking her eyes too.....but nonetheless, it looked cute

 

 



Narrator's POV
 



"A-ah...yes, I'm okay. It's just that I don't have the same room as my best friend...." Yeonra pouted when she said it. Donghae could only smile seeing her like that and he said,

"Oh....well if it makes you feel better, me and my best friend don't have the same room too." Donghae tried to cheer her up and gave her a warm smile

"Well....let's just think of it as a new experience..." Yeonra flashed him a smile as well, and before Donghae could ask for her name, Yeonra said,

"I guess I better be going, the test will start soon..Bye~"

As Yeonra left, Donghae found a bit of disappointment because he didn't even get to talk toher for a few more minutes...but he regained his smile when he saw that she dropped her silver bracelet a few steps from him. He decided to pick it up and give it to her when they see each other again.

"We'll see each other again.....I'M SURE OF IT." He put it in his pocket and texted Yunho his room number as he walked to the stairs.

 



                                                                                 MEANWHILE



Chansook's POV


 


           Chansook-ah, your room is 304. I got 303....Too bad we don't have the same room...BUMMER!

 

I looked at the text Yeonra gave me and I could only sigh as I walked up the stairs to the third floor of the building. As I was nearing the stairs of the second floor, I felt something loose around my feet, only to find that my left sandal was missing...
 


"Omo! Where is my other sandal??" I traced my steps and I found this guy was holding the other pair

"Excuse me miss.....I think this is yours."

"Yeah, it's mine...." I walked a few steps down to get my other sandal from him, but to my surprise, he just smirked in his place and tried to hide what he was holding in his back

"Can you please give me my sandal back?" I then saw a smirk forming on his handsome face...

"I'll give it back to you, but let me put it on for you..."

"W-w-what??" I could only shiver at his words...He doesn't even know me! Why would he initiate that? But seeing as he wouldn't give up on what he said, I just laughed and put my foot near the ground.



He kneeled down and put the sandal on me, and then stood up to meet my gaze.
 

 




Yunho's POV


"There you go Cinderella. Fits perfectly." I smiled first and then mentally slapped myself as I tried not to laugh at my own cheesy lines. I guess she was embarassed because she still had her head down.

"Gumawo......." She paused, as if asking for my name..

"It's Yunho. Jung Yunho." I extended my hand to shake hers. And as we did, I realized that she had very soft hands...

"Well, I have to go Yunho-shi....I guess I'll see you around." I couldn't say anything in return because my phone immediately vibrated in my pocket.



                                                                                GREAT TIMING...



          Yunho, you're in room 304. I'm in 303. I'll just text you later to meet up, okay?

 

"Well.....at least I'm off to a good start"

 

 



Donghae & Yunho's POV
 



         I replayed the scene that happened earlier in my head and I could swear that that was a sign from "above".


                                                                I knew this day would be a great one.

                                                            But then again, this was only the start.

                                                 I knew I'd see her again.....even if I don't know when.

                                                                          I just have THAT FEELING.