CHAPTER 11.

The BOYS Next Door. :]


Donghae's POV
 

 




I open the door to Yeonra's room on the second floor and slowly make my way to bed. I rest one of my knees on the edge of the bed to help me gently lay her down on the middle of it. After putting her down, I bent down to examine her face.....

I smiled when I saw her sleeping, but it quickly turned into a concerned look when I saw her scrunch up her face. 'Is she having a nightmare?'

She started to shake a bit and her hands were starting to roam around the bed. I sat up and was about to head for the door when she suddenly grabbed my left wrist and pulled me back towards her....

 


"Appa...........don't leave...........................me.........."
 


She's having a bad dream about her dad......
 


"Appa, you promised! You promised you would always be here.............................................................Don't leave me..................................................PLEASE, APPA.........................." Drops of tears were now visible on her eyes

"Shhhhh.................Yeonra, please don't cry..." I tried to comfort her

"Nobody's going anywhere...............I'm here........"

"Stay................." She's still talking about her father...


 

And after a few minutes, she went back on sleeping. 'Yeonra, I guess you and I are the same..............................we both long for our fathers to be with us......I know what you're going through.'


 

 

 


                                                                              AFTER 45 MINUTES


 

 


She's STILL not letting go of my left wrist.........Man, does she have a tight grip.................

I wriggle my arm to try and slip my wrist out of her hand, but unfortunately she didn't even move an inch. I tried doing it a couple more times to see if it would work, but once again...........I FAILED. A few seconds later, I found myself yawning and stretching my free arm.



"Aish..................it's already....." I stopped to look at my watch "1:30 AM?? WOW, I've been in here a long tiime.................wait, does Yunho know I'm still here?? What about Chansook? And that Yoochun guy?"



I adjust my position so that I'm now facing Yeonra. I stared at her face for what seemed like a VERY long time. It was just then that I was really able to take note of her features. She had fair skin, a nice forehead, cute eyes, and perfect dark brown (sometimes it seemed like black) hair.
 


                                                                       'What am I doing...........?'
 


Since it's now past 1:30 AM, I just decided to rest here for a few hours. Yeonra wasn't letting go of my arm, Chansook doesn't seem to know I'm still here, and Yunho's probably sleeping right now. Besides, I'm too sleepy right now to even think of anything else BUT sleep.......


 

 

 




                                                                               THE NEXT MORNING




 

 

 

 



Yeonra's POV





 

                                                              'Why has my pillow suddenly become hard???'
 


I slowly began to wake up as I feel my forehead touching something that did NOT seem like my pillow. I tried touching what was in front of my face, running my fingers through whatever was blocking me.
 


                                                                       'What the heck is this???'
 


Then, my eyes snapped open when I realized what I was holding and what was in front of me................

 

"AH!" I let out a small shriek "D-D-ONG-HA-HAE???????"
 


                                                    'WHY IS HE HERE???? AND WHY WAS HE ON MY BED?????'
 


Unbelievably, I still had the guts to try and touch his face in his sleep..... 'I never noticed that he looked like this up close....' I thought. Just when I was about to put my finger on his cheek......................he woke up. GREAT TIMING, eh? So now, we're both looking at each other and the atmosphere was getting pretty weird if you asked me.
 


                                        Donghae + Me + No memories of last night + Bed = ?????????????????
 


After a few seconds, we both stood up from my bed, but Donghae got up first.
 


"M-mian-hae...................Yeonra-ah...............I didn't mean to...............................................I mean.......................................bye." And just like that, he ran out of my room. I could hear his footsteps going rapidly down the stairs.




 



                                                                            'WHAT JUST HAPPENED?'









 

 

Chansook's POV





 

"WOW. 6:00 AM......"
 


I always wake up earlier than Yeonra because I like to eat and do my morning activites early. After I got out of bed, I grabbed the cereal from my side of the kitchen cabinet and some milk from the fridge.

As I was eating, I heard quick and heavy footsteps trailing down the stairs. 'Yeonra wouldn't be up at 6:15 AM................would she??'


Following the footsteps was a loud thud............................looks like whoever was running down the stairs fell PRETTY HARD, considering the loud sound they made.....................

I sneak up behind the wall that divided our dining room to our living room to look up the stairs. And I must say I was really shocked to see Donghae, YES, DONGHAE, on the floor beside the stairs.


 


                                                                        'HE'S STILL HERE?!?!?!'
 


As I was about to go to help him, another pair of footsteps followed just right after Donghae fell................it was Yeonra.

Should I help Donghae? Or let Yeonra and him have some "alone" time?

 


'HELP? OR NO? HELP? OR NO? HELP? OR......................................................' A smirk starts to form on my lips....... 'Yeonra, YOU'LL THANK ME FOR THIS.'









 

Yeonra's POV


 



YES, I am STILL staring at the door. Well..................what do you expect me to do when I woke up and~



 

                                                                     *CRRRRRKKKKKKKGGGGGGG*

                                        [A/N: Sorry if that didn't sound like someone crashing on the floor.....]



"WHAT.WAS.THAT." I snapped. Following my instincts, I ran down the stairs [CAREFULLY] to see what happened. Then, I saw Donghae oppa, lying on the floor, his left cheek bruised and bleeding..........

 


I approached him with caution and spoke, "Donghae oppa! Gwaenchanha??"

"N-ne......I'm o-o-okay......"

"No you're not.........." I replied

 


After that, he just laughed in front of me despite his injury, "Park Yeonra, you look like you were the one who got hurt....." To assure to me that he was okay, he smiled at me.
 


I tried helping him up, but I could see that he walked with a little bit of diffucilty as I placed him on the couch in the living room. "Stay there oppa, I'll go get the first aid kit from the bathroom." He nodded
 


After 2 minutes, I cam back from the upstairs bathroom with anything I might need for Donghae oppa's wounds. Bandage? Check. Disinfectant? Check. Cotton? Check. Alcohol? Check. I think that's everything.........
 


"Oppa, don't move, okay?" I calmly said




 

 




Donghae's POV




 


"Oppa, don't move, okay?" Yeonra said

This is just my luck...............First, I wake up to find myself in another person's room, next thing you know, I fall down the stairs and get a bruise and scar on my left cheek. :|

Luckily, Yeonra came down to help me. 'She must've heard the noise when I fell down.....'

 


"Arasso...." I reply to her

When she dabbed the cotton with alcohol on my cheek, I winced from the pain and turned my head.


 

"I'm sorry! Did I put on too much alcohol??"

"......................n-no......it's just that..................just continue, okay? Don't worry about me..."

"Are you sure oppa?"

"Ne........."


 

So I let her treat my wounds and put a bandage on the left side of my face. I didn't even realize that our faces were really close until she finished putting on the bandage on me. We both stopped and stared at each other..........not knowing what to do..............then..........





 


                                                             "Am I interrupting something here, hmmm?"



 

 



Nice to see you there.........................................................Chansook-ah.














Yeonra's POV





 


"Am I interrupting something here, hmmm?"
 


Chansook suddenly popped out of the kitchen making both Donghae oppa and I leap a bit in our seats. 'Does this mean..........................she saw everything?'
 


"Before you guys ask...........................YES. I saw Donghae fall down, but NO, I refused to help him." She said as if she had done nothing wrong
 


"Yah! Why didn't you help him?" I asked with a hint of anger

"Easy..................................................................................because I knew you would come down to help him. And I wouldn't want to 'interrupt' anything between you two" She said in a sing-song voice while pointing to the two of us.

 


Donghae oppa and I couldn't believe what Chansook said, so we both looked at each other awkwardly then stared at different places. Chansook then came up to me and pulled me by my right arm
 


"H-hey! What are you doing??" I tried to get out of her grip

"Donghae-ah, you don't mind if I borrow Yeonra for a bit, do you?" She's now using her famous persuasive look. 'How I wish I could master that technique of hers....................'

"I guess........." Donghae oppa quietly said

 


So, Chansook dragged me out onto the balcony and close the sliding door behind us. She put her hands on the railing and looked me directly in the eyes. 'This CAN'T be good.' I think to myself. The next four words that came out of were the exact words I was expecting her to tell me ever since last night.............................














 

 

 

 


                                           "SO..............................................YOOCHUN? OR DONGHAE?"