News Catch On Like Wildfires

Your Loss Is My Gain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EunJi's POV:

My eyes started to flutter open. The bright light easily seeped into my room, past the chiffon curtains. Morning came by real fast to me; it felt like I was only sleeping for a couple of minutes when I've actually been passed out for a good amount of hours. Checking the clock, I see it's already time for lunch. I groaned softly then made my way into the small space, I call my living room. A tingling sensation ran from the soles of my feet to the top of my ears as I walk on the cold floor.

"Oh hey dongsaeng, you're up pretty late today. I guess you shouldn't have been hoe-ing around guys last night." Youngmi stuck out her tongue. I merely glance at my older sister who was relaxing on the couch, watching the television. "I'm just kidding. You can at least respond to your unnie."

"I'm too tired to." I complained. She shrugged off whatever was on her mind and her attention back to the program, letting me eat my cereal in peace. "I saw you on Music Core last night."

"Why are you so talkative right now? Don't tell me you finally realize how boring it is without me?" my eyes excitedly lit up. For once my sister misses me, no one knows how long I've been waiting for this glorious day! I rushed by her side to welcome her into my arms. She rolled her eyes and pushed me away.

"Calm yo girl." she examined me with a judging mask on, "So like I said before...I was watching Music Core last night. Why were you only wearing a belt?"

"I was wearing a dress..."

"That dress is too short to be considered one. Was Minwoo happy when he saw you dressed like a hooker?" I shook my head. I thought she was going to give me a compliment instead of a lecture. I also don't understand why she is bringing him up randomly. "I figured as much. Anyway, why were you crying? Your eyes looked a bit puffy when you were on stage."

"Oh...it was nothing. I was trying to put on mascara, but I ended up poking my eyes by accident." I tried my best to ignore the stare Youngmi was giving me by innocently scanning the apartment. Last night's fight is a topic I will never speak about. I'm trying my best to erase it from my memory as it is.

"Don't they have make-up artists?"

"Yeah, but I was stupid enough to ask to do apply it myself. That mascara did not like me too much...Besides, you know me, make-up is not my best friend, that's why I never use it." I let out an over-exaggerated laugh which earned me another weird look.

"You dork." she scoffed. Oh...well, there goes another part of my dignity. "Did you watch Boyfriend's performance too? I'm sure you didn't, so I'm just going to tell you something about it. So, your best friend, yeah, he didn't look to happy either. Are you two fighting?"

"Of course not!"

"Why are you acting so weird today? Did something damage your head yesterday?" I just wanted to scream at her 'let me breathe woman'! I hate being bombard with all of these questions. Since when was Youngmi so interested in my life? She never asked me so many things at once.

"No, nothing happen. I think you're the one with a problem. Why are you so willing to get to know me right now?"

"Can't I learn more about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter