The Talk

I've Got Nothing

NOTE: Finally updated. It is almost at the end, please comment and let me know what you think. I have a few ideas for another story, but I cannot decide which one I want to do first. With Christmas break in about 2 week I will have more time to write so see what happens. Anyway, enjoy. Much love and Peace.

Silence filled Lily's apartment as her and Kyuhyun sat on her sofa. After agreeing to talk, they decided that it would be safer to talk back at her place where the could not be seen. And as Lily had predicted, Minho had managed to leave, and left the two by themselves.

"Would you like some tea or something?"

"No thank you."

Then it was quiet once again. Both refused to look at the other, almost afraid to look at the other. Kyuhyun let out a sign, turned to face Lily, and grabbed her hands causing her to finally look at him. Electricity ran through their bodies, just from that simple touch.

Lily looked Kyuhyun right in the eye and saw all of the pain and hurt in her eyes that she was sure also shown in hers. But yet, pass the hurt, she still saw the love in his eyes they was use to be there some time ago. Just by the look in his eyes, she could tell that the past year had been just as hard on him as it had been for her.

"Lily/Kyuhyun." Both started to talk at the same time, then let out a little laugh.

"You first."

"You first"

Again they spoke at the same time, something that they would do when they were still together. They would even finish each others sentences, like they were on the same brain wave. Lily gave an almost forced smile before signaling for Kyuhyun to speak, which caused him to let out a nervous breath.

"Lily, I am so sorry about what happened a year ago. I know that does not even begin to fix anything and that I said it so much then that it no longer holds any real meaning. I thought to myself over and over again to say something to make you stay. I figured that if I could just something besides 'sorry'  then it would have changed your mind. Watching you leave was one of the harder things that I have ever gone through. I..." Tears started to fill Kyuhyun's eyes, something that Lily rarely saw happen.

"Kyuhyun..." Lily herself had tears rolling down her face, not even trying to hold them back.

"Please let me finish. I never once thought you were cheating on me, and I swear I never cheated on you. I was just so angry that you accused me of cheating, and I know that from your point of view it may have seemed at though I was. But please trust me, I was not. After you left, I realized just what I really lost. I could not concentrate on anything, you were all I thought about."

"The other Super Junior members told me to move on, but I could not. I never gave up on the hope that you would come back to me. Lily, my Lily, I love you so much. Finding you after I had finally decided to use this trip to LA to move on, I realized that I have a second chance. I do not care how cheesy I sound right now or even how desperate I sound, I am not going to pass up this chance Lily."

Lily sat there crying, listening to everything that he had to say. She could not say anything because of the tears. Without hesitation Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms and for both of them, everything perfect, like that was right where they were suppose to be. Finally, Lily pulled back and put her hand on his face, using her thumb to wipe the few tears that fell from his eyes away. He did the same to her as a small smile played at his lips.

"Kyuhyun, you have no idea how much I love you. There were morning where I did not want to get out of bed for missing you so much. I tried to move on, God knows I tried, because I thought that leaving was the best for both of us, and if you had said something, I would have stayed in a heart beat..."

"...I went on a few dates, hoping that would help me move on, but just the guy shaking my hand caused my skin to crawl and my heart scold me for it not being you. When I found out you were coming, I was so scared because I was not ready to face you. Then the moment you walked into the boutique, my heart skipped a beat, telling me to run to you. But my mind won telling me to run away and cry..."

"...Kyuhyun, I do love you, so much that is hurts. But I do not think that there can be a second chance for us. Towards the end, we had been through so much and including the fact that we barely saw each other. That was one of the main causes of the fights because of the assumptions that it led to being made. Even if we do try again and make it work for a short while, how can we be sure that things will not end in the same way. It just does not seem worth it, putting ourselves through all that pain again."

Kyuhyun sat there in shock, he could not believe what she had just said. They both just said that they still loved each other, yet she does not think that it is worth it. He did not try and stop the tears that fell as he felt like his heart was breaking all over again.

"How can you say that it is not worth it?!"

Lily looked away, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Kyuhyun please. Maybe the reason we both were not able to move one is because we did not have closure. Well this can be our closure, and we both can finally move on. I think that you should go now Kyuhyun."

She walked him to the door ready for the final good-bye. He looked at her, ready to say something, but just closed his mouth and left without another word.

Lily watched him leave with the thought, 'Good-bye my love.'