Prologue

Log In

Ha Ri twisted her pen with her two fingers while staring at her book. What was the meaning of this? She had been studying for more than 6 hours because of the exam tomorrow. Yet she still hadn't memorised a single thing. She sighed and let her pen fall from her fingers not caring that it was now lying on the floor far away from her desk.

What was it that had captured her mind for more than 24 hours? A song. 

She couldn't understand how that song could have stuck in her head for so long. She had only listened to it once, she hadn't even learnt the lyrics of it. Yet it was being replayed and replayed in her head like it was the first time she pressed the play button. She wanted to know who had made this masterpiece. Who created such a beautiful piece of a track which only lasted for 2 minutes. She had to know. She felt like if she didn't thank this person, she would go nuts by repeating it in her mind. 

Ha Ri clicked her tongue and her laptop. She typed the usual website and logged in. She searched in her drafts- found it! She plugged her earphones and pressed the play button once again. The tune filled in her ears with this beautiful depressing melody and then after some seconds, the rap came up. It went smoothly. This person was rapping like a professional and she wondered if he was someone famous. Though, why would a celebrity create an account on a website which is called 'Self Promotion for New Musicians'? It didn't make any sense to her.

The song ended shortly after and Ha Ri didn't hesitate to repeat it. 

And this continued for a day more...

***

"Min Ha Ri? Yah! Ha Ri-ah!" Seulbi screamed and pushed the sleeping girl off her desk causing her to jump up as her arm touched the floor. "I wasn't sleeping, Miss!" Ha Ri quickly apologised but immediately noticed that it wasn't the teacher who was calling her but Seulbi, her best friend. "Aish! Seulbi! You scared the living out of me!" She complained and sat back down sulking. "How can you sleep when we have the history exam in less than an hour?" She asked trying to be heard as a group of people were making a lot of noise since it was a break. Ha Ri clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. "I just stopped caring after a whlie." She explained and stared out of the window.

Seulbi waved in front of her face so she could get her attention. "Stopped caring? How can you do that?" She muttered and started reading a couple of minutes before the exam. Ha Ri noticed her phone and this green LED light was beeping meaning that she had just gotten some feedback. She frowned wondering what could be. She unlocked her screen and noticed that a user had commented something under her track. She opened the app and read it.  

That's a really good track! Even though I'm not a huge fan of piano I can easily admit that this is really beautiful. Did you produce this yourself or is it a cover? 

"Who is this person?" She whispered and Seulbi turned to look at her. "What person?" She asked and leaned in to see too. Ha Ri clicked the profile of the specific user and checked out their work and she immediately spotted it. It was the song. The Song.

This person was the one who had produced that song she was so obsessed about the last week! And he had commented and liked her track. Her own track. In which she played the piano. The person she had to thank for creating that addictive song. He had talked to her first.

She read his comment over and over. And eventually decided to reply. 

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it so much. This is indeed a cover. It's "Spring Time" by Yiruma. By the way, I'm so obsessed with your latest track. Are you a professional rapper? Cause the quality of it is so nice. 

And this was how it started...

Just a comment. But it was enough to build a whole new friendship.