Close to you

One Day

the next day yoseob was making his way in to the library, checking the time on his watch he took it upon himself to take his time since he was still early. Ruffling his blonde he entered the library looking for an empty desk, mindfully walking pass students with their faces buried into their books he took an empty seat that was facing the entrance.

Junhyung offered before if he needed him to tag along just in case the stranger turned out to be some kind of creep, yoseob waved him off insisting that he'd be fine and he'll meet him back at their usual coffee shop.

Sinking into his seat he took out his notebook and a couple of his text books to look like he was busy, skimming over his notes yoseob looked up every time the door at the opened hoping to see the familiar brunette only to be disappointed. After the fifth time of looking up he officially decided to actually study this time, while he began to immerse himself deeper into the sea of words a dark shadow loomed over him snapping yoseob out of his trance.

'is that-- oh' the stranger from yesterday stood across him with a small smile on his face, his chestnut hair was now ashy blonde styled up showing off his darker roots that were still lingering beneath.

"it suits you."

"huh, what does?"

he mentally smacked himself in the face, that wasn't supposed to slip out. Yoseob cleared his throat "I meant your hair, it looks good on you." He looked down at the table not wanting to look up while hastily gathering up his books on the table. The other picked up a couple of pens that rolled off the table handing them over to yoseob who still refused to make eye contact all while ignoring the heat rising up on his face.

"thanks, I've been hesitating for a while on having my hair this colour or not -- oh by the way I'm doojoon. I don't think I've introduced myself yesterday."

yoseob thanked him as he stuffed the pen into his pencil case before dropping it his bag. "ah, I'm yoseob. I'm guessing you're older than me doojoon-ssi?"

said person chuckled "I'm a third year, twenty one I'll be twenty two next year, how about you?"

"I'm a year younger, in second year"

"I guess you'll have to be calling me hyung then~ let's go get your phone fixed."


----


yoseob soon found himself in doojoons car, they were on their way to the mall where doojoon knew a small shop that could fix up almost anything from an ancient glitchy nokia phone to a microwave that wont open. He mentally thanked doojoon for turning the radio on, god knows how terrible he is with small talk with people he barely. as the radio played some idol singing a cover of one of those cheesy christmas songs, he couldn't help but catch a few glances at the third year driving next to him.

blonde hair really did suit him, compared to yoseobs blonde hair wasn't exactly as pale as doojoons but maybe a shade darker, it complimented his skin tone and even if it was almost the end of autumn with all the dry dull colours surrounding them doojoon stood out to him like a flower among a field of endless grass. Not that yoseob was exaggerating or anything.

the car was parked around the corner since the malls parking space was probably packed by now. Yoseob followed doojoon behind catching up so he could walk by his side, thankfully inside wasn't exactly swarming yet making it easier for them to get it over and done with quickly. He handed over his racked phone as soon as they were near by the shop, doojoon asked yoseob to wait for him by one of the empty seats outside costa yoseob obliged walking towards the smell of brewing coffee beans in the midst of background noise.

Doojoon came back five minutes later signalling to yoseob that he was going to buy a drink from inside before rushing in. He later came back sitting upon the stool across him, "I'm not sure on what kind of drink you wanted to I got you a caramel latte."

"oh, thank you. It's okay I'm not really picky with what I drink or eat, what drink do you have?"

"just mocha latte" he took a sip before continuing on "also, the guy at the shop said he'd be able to get it fix under an hour or so, I hope you're not too busy or have somewhere else to be."

"No it's fine, I don't have anywhere to be right now until lunch and it's still early anyway."

doojoon smiled that sent yoseobs heart into a frenzy. "that's good to hear, hope you don't mind me asking but what are you studying currently?"

"I'm a music student." He answered fiddling with the napkin on the table

"really? That must be fun, music is actually my second favourite subject. Besides physical education, do you plan on becoming a music teacher?" Doojoon propped his elbow on the table using the palm of his hand to lean his chin into.

"I've thought about it, I mean I wouldn't mind teaching younger kids music but honestly I'd rather be performing or composing it. Like working in a musical theatre–that's something I hope to be in someday."

"and when that day arrives I call dibs on having front row vip seats." Yoseob laughed earnestly into his mug, it was no doubt that doojoon was easy to talk to.

"well how about you? You mentioned that physical education was your subject right?"

straightening his back, doojoon rolled his shoulders back flexing his arms as he pretended to stretch, "can you tell by these amazing muscles?" He spoke with a smug face on. Yoseob laughed once more this time behind his mug covering half of his face.

"and exactly where are they?"

the smug expression melted into a poor attempt of pouting. "how can you hurt hyung like that? -- no respect at all tsk.(he ignored yoseob blatantly rolling his eyes) But yeah, it's my subject though it's more likely that I want to be a p.e teacher. I've been thinking of taking it to professional level – being a footballer at that, but the chances of me being one is very slim. It doesn't matter anyway because at least I could still play football with kids as bonus."

"don't forget you don't just play football with them, you also teach them a variety of sports."

doojoon waved his hand "yeah, yeah I know that, why are you making it sound like i'm just some creep that wants to play football with little kids"



they ended up talking for a bit drawing away from their future to interests that they both shared in movies and tastes in music but they mainly lingered on the topic of music until it was time to retrieve yoseobs phone back abandoning their seats the duo retraced their steps back to the shop. as they walked out of the mall doojoon and yoseob began talking about some american show called the office but mostly with the eldest complaining about wanting the main character to be back on the very last season before it ends.

this time on the drive back yoseob felt a lot comfortable being with doojoon, it surprised him that the both of them managed to click just like that. 'maybe we're fated to be together' he aggressively shoved that thought right at the back of his head, it can't be they've literally just gotten to know each other today. Yoseob visibly frowned, this is probably the side effect from having to deal with being single whilst his best friends were all coupled up being gross all the time.

speaking of the devil (or devils), a notification popped up on his now brand new screen. Kikwang and the rest were already at the cafe and only waiting for him left, yoseob asked doojoon to drop him off a the cafe with the help of him giving the directions.

"this is the cafe right?" the car was parked at the curb with the cafe not too far from where they currently where.

"yeah, thank you doojoon hyung. I'll see you around later on."

a hand held onto yoseobs wrist just as he was about to open the door, yoseob looked back to find doojoon looking nervous. "um, is it okay if I get your number? – so we can maybe hangout if it's okay with you, that is." he released his grasp when he noticed that he was holding on for a little too long.

"ah–that's fine, I'd love to. um hold on." taking his phone out they both exchanged numbers, with that yoseob waved off doojoons car with a smile watching it disappear from his sight, his eyes glued onto the new contact in his phone as he made his way towards the cafe he had to admit he was flustered that doojoon hyung had wanted them to hangout more. he honestly thought that once his phone gets fixed they'll both just part an become strangers again.


----


"and just exactly who was that guy?" dongwooon poked with kikwang wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. for the fifth time today yoseob groaned once the teasing starts it'll never end, he played around with his hot chocolate poking at the marshmallows that floated on top.

"he's the guy I told you about yesterday remember, look I got my phone fixed and now its all brand new" he took his phone out shoving it in their faces "as if I bought it yesterday!”

junhyung pinched the phone off of his hand to inspecting it more closely, "so the guy just fixed just fixed your phone and dropped you offer here? And that's it?"

"exactly what happened." he nodded

kikwang leaned his elbows against the table scrutinizing yoseob across him, "really?"

"yes, really."

"really really?" dongwoon added

"hey, is this guy called doojoon?"

"yeah – wait a second why the hell are you looking through my phone also how did you now my passcode?!"

junhyung tsked holding yoseobs phone out of reach, "everyone knows your passcode is eleven eleven, even a ten year old could guess it on their first try." his face flustered pink whist kikwang yanked the phone away observing the newly added contact name.

"yoon doojoon huh? he sounds familiar..." at the sound of the name dongwoon leaned over to kikwang tucking his chin in the crook of his hyungs neck before his face brightened up.

"doojoon hyung! hey, he goes to the same uni as us I've seen him before hanging around the sports apartment he's also part of the football team."

yoseob retrieved his phone from junhyung not before giving him a punch on his arm "well, he did tell me that p.e was his subject."

"oh did he now? – oh! Hyung if he's a goalkeeper then wouldn't you say that you've got yourself...a keeper?" dongwoon let out a face splitting grin proud of his own pun while the eldest three simultaneously groaned out loud.

Junhyungs face scrunched up in disgust "dongwoon, that was terrible."

"but hyung I thought that it was...worth a shot."

with that said kikwang effectively shoved dongwoons face away leaving the maknae to whine about how his hyungs never appreciate his jokes.


----


the channels on the tv flickered continuously within the small apartment, there were at least hundreds of programs showing yet none of them were worth watching. Hyunseung tugged the purple blanket closer, being sick was really boring looking above the tv the clock was ticking away as usual and judging by the time yoseob must've been making his way back from having lunch with the rest of the group. Hyunseung had known the younger from when he started his part time job at the pastry shop, he would always remember yoseob coming in every wednesday and friday noon buying his usual snacks and around two weeks later they both started talking finding themselves that they had pretty much a lot in common and it was even luckier for yoseob when he found out that they would be attending the same university but on different courses.

nearing the end of summer yoseob asked hyunseung if he would like to share an apartment with him, he was originally planning to rent a room with kikwang but the other had already settled his plans on living in one of the dorms. In the end hyunseung had found himself rooming with yoseob in a small yet comfy apartment that was thankfully not too far from their university.

the door to the entrance opened up dragging in an exhausted yoseob mindlessly walking into the living room as he gracefully flopped himself next to his hyung.

"you're back! how was your day seobie?"

he leaned into hyunseungs side dramatically sighing, the program that was currently showing was left on a poorly dubbed kung fu movie, he wasn't really sure if he'd seen it or not "my day was good, how about you are you feeling any better?"

"mine was boring, not much to do when you're sick apart from feeling like and downing horrible tasting medicine down your throat. good thing is that my nose isn't blocked any more."

yoseob reached over a bowl of grapes plopping some of them in his mouth "hopefully you'll be back in your classes soon, it's getting pretty boring teasing junhyung hyung all the time."

"so you just want me back so you can bully me too I see how it is." hyunseung huffed crossing his arms making sure to face away from yoseob.

"hyung~ you know that I love you really"

"oh do you now?"

immediately they both froze turning their attention to the doorway of the living room, junhyung stood watching the duo amusingly while he tried to look angry. Yoseob smiled mischievously circling his arms around hyunseung "yes it is true, me and hyunseung are deeply in love and we're planning to elope together and you cannot stop us."

unfazed by the confession junhyung stalked closer to flick yoseobs forehead as he sat himself at the other side of hyunseung, yoseob yelped releasing his hyung to tend to his sore forehead. "wait a second how did you get in? I didn't hear the door open."

he stared at hyunseung "seung, I've been here the whole time, I was just in the toilet that's all."

"you were?"

"did you seriously forget that your own boyfriend was in the toilet."

"well,it's not my fault that you took so long in there, why did you take so long are you constipated?" hyunseung laughed until junhyung took a hold of his face pinching both of his cheeks, hyunseung squirmed till he frantically apologised with promises of buying junhyung coke. satisfied with the bribe he let go watching his other half scowl rubbing his now red cheeks, surely they were as red as pikachus by now.


"you're so mean to me, maybe I'll really runaway with seobie."

junhyung scoffed leaning in to peck the space between hyunseungs brows "as if I'll allow that to happen."
 

"sorry to interrupt your precious moment, but how did you get here before me?"


hyunseung opened up his blanket cocoon letting junhyung in as he took the other end of the blanket trapping them both inside the warmth "took my car here of course, its quicker than the train."

yoseob nonchalantly shrugged at the answer making himself comfortable, he took two more grapes before handing the bowl over to junhyung. he thanked yoseob as the bowl of grapes was now hidden inside the blanket tent, even though the kung fu movie still played on he discreetly watched the way hyunseungs face brightened up even when his skin was paler than usual from being sick yet he still looked happy as he leaned back into junhyung chest and being gentleman that junhyung is he pulled hyunseung closer feeding him grapes every once in a while.

If dongwoon and kikwang were the pair of jigsaw pieces that complete each other a a whole then junhyung was the moon to hyunseungs sun, despite two not being the type of people to openly express their love and actions like dongwoon and kikwang that didn't mean that they weren't close at all. it just meant that they preferred to keep things to themselves hidden from all wide eyes, like subtly holding hands behind their crowd of friends or sneaking in kisses when no one was looking. their connection was special and exclusive to only them, while junhyung wasn't good at physically showing his feelings through actions he expresses them in lyrics and words that he produces while hyunseung being in the same boat bares his emotions into vibrant illustrations of colours in his paintings.

it was the small things that no one notices that make junhyung and hyunseung blend together even if they weren't as open like everyone else.

even with junhyungs permanent intimidating nature and hyunseungs 4d state of mind, they oddly work well together, honestly, yoseob felt sorry for whoever junhyungs bonded soulmate was going to be. Because yong junhyung not only looked scary with his stupid face he was also very straightforward with his words as he chose to speak a little too bluntly and to top it all of he was like a cranky grandpa with a stick up his most of the time but once you go deeper through junhyungs thick layered skin of snide comments and glaring sharp eyes. he's actually just really sensitive inside, junhyung cared deeply for people who he was—


"hey seung, did seobie tell you about his new boyfriend?"
 

he took that back junhyung was and always will be an that should just rot away he didn't even care if he'd known him since they were ten.

"what?!" hyunseung pivoted in his seat "you have a boyfriend? is that true seobie?"

menacingly glaring at the devil behind hyunseung he took his hyungs hands off his shoulders holding them in his palms "no it isn't hyung, junhyung hyung is lying. I don't have a boyfriend, remember how I told you about the guy who offered to pay for the huge crack on my phone?" hyunseung nodded "I met him today and got my phone fixed, we just talked for a bit and then exchanged numbers that's all."

"did you ask for his number or he did?"

"he did."

yoseob sat watching hyunseung nodding to himself "he's into you."

"what? no he isn't we barely just met."

"well why did he ask if he wanted to exchange numbers?" hyunseung asked tilting his head slightly

"so we could become more acquainted and be friends hyung."

junhyung smirked "or for all you know he's probably just trying to get in your pants" his smirk stayed on even when hyunseung elbowed him.

"well...just be careful of this guy. even if he's just being nice."

"yes mum, don't worry about it and you shouldn't frown you wouldn't want to have wrinkles on your pretty face now."

the frown melted into a smile but hyunseung still rolled his eyes at being called pretty. "I'm not pretty, I'm handsome." junhyung laughed behind him wrapping an arm around hyunseungs waist, "yes you are seung." a familiar ringtone cut through the air interrupting their conversation, taking his phone out of his pocket junhyung tsked upon seeing the message on his screen. "I have to go soon, I forgot that junsung is over at mine and he's waiting for me to make dinner."

"you're not gonna stay over tonight then?" hyunseung frowned, he was hoping that junhyung would stay over since he'd barely seen him at all with himself being sick and all. he tucked a strand of hair behind hyunseungs ear "no can do, I don't trust junsung cooking anything without trying not to burn the whole building down. I'll come see you tomorrow."

"don't worry hyung, junhyung is like a cockroach even if you try to kill him he'll always come back."


"what did you say shorty?"

 

with yoseob and junhyung bickering again hyunseung decided to tone them out grabbing the remote on the table, because of the two the badly dubbed kung fu movie finished up long ago meaning that he now had to scavenge for something else to keep him occupied while the childish idiots beside him continued with their nonsense.


 


this chapter was a little bit longer asdfghjmnbv, I'll be (try to) update every friday from now on!! it's 5am right now and i have to get up in four hours to visit my grandads house which is almost an hour and a half drive away( ̄□ ̄;)


[Close to you - Jazzyfact]