D (Half Moon)

One Day

A loud yawn was dragged out of Doojoons mouth while he stretched his limbs before curling back into himself under the light blanket. The tv played some old classic movie he vaguely remembered watching years back, there wasn't much for him to do at the moment when he'd already got all his chores done ages ago. Once the movie went straight into commercial, Doojoon decided it was best to clear up his mess instead of leaving it until the morning. Chucking the empty wrappers in the bin and dumping the empty bowl in his sink his eyes drew forward to the small window in front of him, the sky outside was washed grey meaning it was likely to snow again later on. The ticking clock on the opposite wall told him it was only 8:42pm, four more hours left until it was officially new years.

Flopping himself back on the sofa Doojoon absently searched around for his phone retrieving it from under the grey pillow, three missed calls immediately showed up by Yoseob on his screen. Almost jumping in his seat he swiped his phone to call him back, straight after two rings he was greeted by deafening music and laughter.

“Wow you're really having fun aren't you?”

Yoseob sighed, “it's been fun so far but things are only getting started.” the music and laughter in the background slowly disappeared.

Doojoon got himself comfortable as he lied on his back, the click of the door from Yoseobs call echoed into his ear. “How's new years eve going for you? Done anything exciting?”

“Yes I did actually, I hoovered the apartment, did my laundry and went shopping.”

Oh” he sounded surprised “I didn't know that you actually tidy up, am I really talking to the same Yoon Doojoon? Who is this really?”

Doojoon scoffed yet smiled at the ceiling above him, “Of course you're talking to the one and only Yoon Doojoon, as for you - hows your day going so far?”

His head sunk into pillow listening to Yoseob go on about how he'd spent the whole day hanging out with cousins and being dragged around to all the crowded touristy places, Doojoon hummed every now and then as Yoseob ranted on he even laughed hearing Yoseob complain how his cousins only just started bring out alcohol not too long ago.

“Hey, are you even listening to me?”

He flipped over to his side so he was facing the tv across him, “I am seobie, it's just that listening to your voice makes me kinda sleepy.”

Yoseob was offended, “Are you implying that I'm boring then, I will come over and fight you.”

“Oh, how feisty~” Doojoon smirked “I'm not implying that you're boring. What I'm saying is that your voice is as smooth as honey, a sweet lullaby to my ears.”

“Did you get drunk by yourself again.”

Seobie you're so mean, you never accept or even return my compliments.” he complained into the phone.

“You really want me to compliment you then?”

Doojoon reached over the the remote to lower the volume of the tv, “Of course.”

Yoseob stayed silent for a while before speaking up. “You have...ok eyebrows.”

“I'm hanging up.”

A burst of laughter sung into the air, Doojoon could just imagine yoseobs crescent eye smile breaking out as tried to cover his mouth like he always does and Doojoon had to fight his own faint smile from the very image itself.

“I'm joking really!” Yoseob giggled “that's not the only good thing about you!, truthfully, I admire how modest and hard-working you are. Even though your constantly making bad puns and being annoying - acting all tough when you're actually just a sensitive softie inside.”

“I'm a second away from crying right now, this is probably the closest to a compliment I'll ever get. What a time to be alive.” Doojoon grinned, the protagonist on tv was reunited with the love interest.

“Stop exaggerating. I'll only praise you when I want to or when you deserve it.”

“Am I a dog?”

Yoseob's laughter strummed his heartstrings once again, he could never get sick of hearing it. “any ways, since it's new years eve - do you have a new years resolution?”

“Of course I do!” Doojoon stated with pride “its to get as much sleep as I can and continue being my great self.”

Yoseob wasn't amused by the answer, “I'm not sure what I was expecting from you honestly.”

“Well what's your new years resolution then?” Doojoon sat up from his position switching the tv off as he went to his room.

“My new years resolution is to spend more time with Yangaeng.”

Sitting on his bed he took korilakkuma into his lap, “Who's Yangaeng? A friend of yours?” Doojoon didn't recall Yoseob mentioning about this Yangaeng person, whoever it is.

“He's my dog, I don't think I've told you about him before. But he stays at my parents since I don't have time to take care of him - he's actually with me right now he just fell asleep not long ago.”

“Oh, okay. I thought – never mind actually”

Doojoon sounded oddly relieved and Yoseob didn't let that slip by him.

“Did you really think it was someone else - wait - were you jealous~?” he purposely teased, Yoseob knew well enough that Doojoon was bound to deny being jealous.

Doojoon scoffed, “I don't get jealous.” he pinched korilakuma's cheek as if the bear was mocking him.

“Please, You're just as bad as me when it comes to lying, maybe even worse.”

“You think I'd get jealous of a dog? me?” he exasperated in disbelief.

“You would.”

“I wouldn't.”

Yoseob smiled to himself, he knew Doojoon wouldn't admit it. “And you're the one who calls me cute when you're clearly being denial of being jealous of my dog.”

The oldest of the two was about make a retort when, one of Yoseobs relative had called for him outside the door. “My mum is calling me, I'll try to call you back as soon as I can.”

“No, don't worry about it. Just take your time and have fun with your family.” he reassured him, Doojoon didn't want to come in between Yoseob bonding with his family in any way.

After convincing his worrisome boyfriend that it was okay, he left his phone on the bedside table before bringing up his laptop to occupy himself. He looked over to the bottom corner of his screen to see it was almost 11 already, with korilakkuma keeping him company he set the laptop in front of him as he began scrolling down.


----


At some point Doojoon had eventually fell asleep before he knew it, sluggishly getting up from his bed. He sat there in a daze for a couple of seconds before looking over his shoulder, 1:26am, he could faintly hear his neighbours blasting loud music and fireworks exploding in the distance.

'fireworks?', then it clicked, it was new years already. Doojoon closed the lid of his already dead laptop grabbing his phone from the side, a long string of notifications displayed on his screen. Various greetings and messages coming from his friends and relatives, skimming through the list he also found multiple missed texts and calls from Yoseob.

Yoyo ♡
[Happy new years Doojoonie!!! Let's hope that this year will be even greater!]

Yoyo 
[please don't tell me that you literally slept till next year]

Yoyo 
[If you did you have to buy me dinner]

Yoyo 
[that's if you don't answer me back within the next 20 mins]

Yoyo 
[My uncle just brought out another round of alcohol it's only an amount of time until he makes everyone sing karaoke, please save me]

Doojoon couldn't help but chuckle at that text before continuing on.

Yoyo 
[hey what's your door number again?]

Yoyo 
[oh never mind its ok]

Yoyo 
[its too noisy and cold outside I don't like this]

Yoyo 
[I want it to be spring already]

'why was he asking for my door number? Was he going to mail something to me', Doojoon was getting concerned, wasn't Yoseob at his aunts house right now or maybe they were just having a party in their garden or something. The last text was only 15 minutes ago.

Yoyo 
[You better be awake soon]

He stayed rooted in the dark rereading the texts again, Doojoon was planning to call him just to be sure that Yoseob was alright when the doorbell rang. Without giving much thought he hopped of his bed heading towards the door. The cold air made him wince slightly but what was more important was person standing in front of him.

“Surprise?”

Yoseob meekly stood in front of him, a shy smile gracing his lips while his cheeks and nose were rosy pink from the cold, there was dusts of snow clinging over his jacket and hair. Yoseob began to shuffle his weight under Doojoon's blatant stare until a warm hand pulled him inside right as he was ushered to sit on the couch, Doojoon disappeared for a moment before arriving back with a woolly blanket in hands to wrap Yoseob in. A pair of pale hands gripped into the blanket relishing into the soft material.

“You have 30 seconds to explain how you got here and why”

His shoulders dropped, “Do you really not like me being here?”

“What – no” his eyes softened, there was no real bite to his previous question really “I'm just really surprised that's all. I didn't expect you to just turn up at my door, I thought I was still dreaming when I saw you outside.”

The pout on Yoseobs lips melted into a small smile, he was glad that Doojoon wasn't mad at him. “I kind of just came here on an impulse, on my way to my aunts I realised that I wasn't that far from where you live. So I just – power-walked my way here? You know, since there's no trains or buses but it wasn't a big deal.”

“I hope you do know, that I'm not letting you go back home.”

Yoseob blushed slightly whilst Doojoon got up, “Do you want hot chocolate?”

“Yes please.” He ruffled Yoseobs hair before leaving, Doojoon took a mug out of the cabinet setting it down on the counter along with the hot chocolate powder. He switched the kettle on waiting for the water to boil up.

“Does your relatives know that you're here at least?”

Yoseob slipped his jacket off from underneath the woolly blanket setting it behind him, “I told my mum that I'll be back tomorrow around lunch and I'll explain everything, since she was the only person who was sober there.”

A mug of hot chocolate was handed over to him, the weight on the couch lowered slightly, “Here, I made sure that it isn't too hot.” Yoseob took the mug savouring the sweet beverage as he slowly drank. From across him Doojoon paid close attention watching Yoseob practically beam while drinking his hot chocolate, just how much cuter can he get really.

His eyes opened to see Doojoon staring right into him. “Is there something wrong?” Yoseob asked, he amusedly watched the way Doojoon struggled to find the right words to say. His mouth opening only to be sealed again into a straight line more than once. Doojoon then relaxed his tense posture running his hand through his blonde unruly hair from his nap.

“I'm just still in awe that you're actually here - sitting in front of me, in my apartment. And for the fact that you walked here all the way, when it's freezing cold outside, by the way if you ever do that again at least wear a thicker jacket next time.”

The half finished drink was placed on the table. “okay, mom.”

Doojoon smiled, he pulled the blanket towards him pushing Yoseob forward, when he was close enough he placed a soft kiss against his forehead. The kiss sent a warm shiver throughout his body, Yoseob moved closer until he was almost sitting on doojoons lap, his face hiding in the dip of Doojoon's neck. A set of arms wrapped themselves securely around his waist.

“You don't know how happy I am right now” he leaned slightly against Yoseobs head “I appreciate you a lot for coming all this way, but most of all, I'm just thankful for you existing.”

Yoseob retracts himself from the hug, “and I'm thankful for you existing too.” he leaned in to kiss Doojoon's lips. The oldest of the two was grinned brightly, he carefully untangled himself to stand up from the couch, he held a hand out for yoseob which he took without hesitation.

“Did you bring anything with you?”

Yoseob pulled the woolly blanket off him with his free hand. “I only brought my phone, keys, and wallet with me.”

“that's okay, and now our sleepover can begin!”

He laughed as Doojoon happily lead him towards his bedroom all while going on about what they should do.


----


In the next two hours they watched a cheesy movie just to laugh and make fun of all the stereotypical cliché scenes while snacking on whatever leftover food Doojoon in his fridge. When the movie was over he remembered about finding his old game cube he found at his parents while he was helping them clean some stuff up, they ended up playing Super Mario Sunshine the duo started a new file together both taking turns on completing missions and collecting the stars.

Around 4 am was when they both started to get sleepy, Doojoon saved their game twice before switching the console off. “Hey, you can sleep on the bed and I'll just take the sofa.”

“No its fine really – I don't mind sleeping on the sofa, it's your bed after all.”

Doojoon rejected “But you're my guest, so, as a good host I offer you my bed.”

“I'm fine with sleeping on the sofa, it's no big deal.”

They both frowned at the other, Doojoon did have a guest room but that room had turned into a makeshift closet where he keeps all his other stuff since no one had been using that room lately. Yoseob knew that they were just going to end up going back and forth on who sleeps where until one of them gives up, which doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

Yoseob sighed exasperatedly. “Let's just both sleep together on the bed.” he was actually meant to say that he would just sleep on the bedroom floor instead - but unfortunately it was still too cold and Yoseob preferred to lie down somewhere comfy without waking up with an aching back.

“Wow, sleeping together just after a first date. Didn't know you were that way - not that I'm judging you or against it.”

His face flushed deep pink, Doojoon barked up a laughter letting Yoseob openly attack him spouting harmless threats at him. He caught both hands holding them tight, the shortest was still flustered refusing to look at him at all. The ends of his lips met his eyes. “Seobie, you know I'm joking. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway. I promise you we won't do anything that'll make you uncomfortable, okay?.”

Yoseob found himself tucked under Doojoon's chin, he could pick up the smell of vanilla from the fabric softener and Doojoon's own natural scent. “I know you won't” he says firmly, because he trusts Doojoon to stay true to his word. “You're such a shameless creep sometimes it's unbelievable.”

“Well, this 'shameless creep' is your boyfriend so what're you gonna do.”

“Get a restraining order.”

Yoseob steps back from him looking up, giving a chaste kiss to his chin after smiling. “Also, can I borrow some clothes to sleep in.”

“Sure, hold on.” Doojoon scavenged his wardrobe contemplating on what to give before pulling out an old white shirt and grey sweatpants. “These are the smallest sized clothes I could find, I think the sweatpants might be a little loose around the waist though.”

“I'm fine with anything, thank you.” Yoseob took the folded clothes in his hands, they were only probably one or two size bigger.

“Do you also need spare underwear-Ow!” Doojoon whined miserably rubbing his sore arm where he was pinched. Yoseob shut the door behind him heading towards the bathroom to change clothes. The washed out shirt fitted fine though it exposed his collarbones but he didn't really mind, the sweatpants were actually loose around his waist. Yoseob tied the laces tightly just enough to make sure they wouldn't dip below.

Returning back to the bedroom Doojoon was already wearing a white tank top and black sweats, he was crouched beside the bed untangling the mess of wires beside the socket. Dropping his folded clothes on the chair, he then plopped himself on top of the bed. “Aren't you cold with just a tank top on?”

Doojoon leered when he managed to finally untangle the cords successfully charging his phone in. “Nope, I actually sleep better like this. Does your phone need to charge?”

“It's okay, I have enough to survive through the whole night.” Yoseob sent a quick message to console his mum that he was safe and sound, before tucking his phone under the pillow. Pulling the duvet over Yoseob gingerly claimed spot beside the wall before burying himself into the inviting fluffy warmness. In the process of getting himself comfortable he found something soft poking behind his back, reaching over he yanked the unknown thing holding it out in front of him.

“Oh! It's korilakkuma” Yoseob delightedly held the cream coloured bear against his chest “Poor rilakkuma is by himself at my aunts.”

“Next time, if you sleepover you can bring rilakkuma with you.” Doojoon slides himself underneath the cover.

“Am I allowed to bring Yangaeng too or is he not allowed because you're still jealous of him.” he teased as Doojoon rolled his eyes before switching the light off from behind him.

“Not jealous.”

“Then why did you sound so relieved when I said that Yangaeng was just my dog then, huh?”

there was no answer for a while until Doojoon snored loudly, Yoseob laughed loudly slapping Doojoon's arm.

God, you're so small yet violent. Are you one of those people who have a for pain or whatever.”

Yoseob laughed again, hiding his red face behind korilakkuma. It wasn't like Doojoon could even see his red face in the dark right now. “Shut up, and I'm not one of those people. Just go to sleep, I'm really tired.”

“Who told you to walk all the way here.” he reprimanded, inching himself closer to Yoseob he stretched his hand out to comb through the soft hair coaxing Yoseob to shuffle closer to him until korilakkuma was almost squished between the two. Doojoon continued to run his fingers through Yoseobs hair listening how his breathing began to slow down until he thumbed the back of his neck , calloused fingertips ran down the spine drawing shapes on to the small back as Yoseob tangled their legs together draping his arm around Doojoons waist.

“Seobie.” he whispered into the dark.

“Yeah.”

“Happy new year.”

Yoseob smiled against Doojoon's chest. “happy new year.” He drifted off into sleep indulged in pure bliss.

 

 


Guess who saw b.a.p live on earth in London on friday???  it was amazing truly an unforgettable night, I'll put up my fanaccount here on my blog later on.
This is just a filler chapter with extra disgustingly cute dooseob the next one will have everyone and then things will start to speed up (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑


You can yell at me about gross dooseob it'll make me happy @juntoro ♡♡♡

 

[D (Half Moon) Dean ft Gaeko]