You & Me

One Day

A/N: to the anon who left me a message on my tumblr along time ago, thank you!! and I'll always be into beast, even though I may dissappear from time to time without warning I'll do my best to keep writing more because I love those six idiots too much 



“you've noticed it too right?”

“of course I have, it's really weird I think he's been really...soft lately?”

“he really has, you know last week me and seobie were heading to seung hyungs work place to pick him up after his shift so we could all head back to their place and I accidentally bumped into him spilling coffee on both of us. And guess what? I thought he was going to blast me like he always does but instead he brushed it off like it was nothing and even turned down my offer when I wanted to pay for the dry cleaning.”

dongwoon leaned back into couch behind him “of course I remember that hyung, you spilled coffee on one of my v neck shirts.”

“woonie, you have exactly five white v neck shirts so it doesn't matter. Now that I think about it why on earth do you even have five of the same shirt?”

“hyung, they're not all the same. Three out of the shirts are actually quite bigger,” the maknae snatched an egg roll off the table feeding kikwang which he gladly ate in one go “actually I used to have six white shirts but my /boyfriend/ hasn't given one of them back.”

“well your boyfriend is going to keep that shirt since he loves wearing all of his boyfriends clothes.”

dongwoon leaned in closer to kikwang, “do you know what else you can keep?” the eldest leaned away poking dongwoons nose “let me guess – something like 'you can also keep my heart'

“you really do know me that well.” kikwang laughed picking up another one of the prawn crackers off the table just then hyunseung came over setting out chopsticks on the table.

“what have you guys been bickering about?”

“oh it's nothing except how yoseob has changed over the past few weeks, you've noticed it too right?” sitting down next to dongwoon hyunseung contemplated it over before he agreeing too.

“well have you guys also noticed that you can't whisper for ?” joining the three arrived yoseob and junhyung carrying plates and glasses. It's been four weeks since yoseobs phone had cracked leading him to meet doojoon, the weather had grown cold with December just starting off which also meant that soon everyone will be off meeting up with families and such for the winter break. Not only the temperature of the weather was something that changed but also with the way yoseob had been lately, and it didn't take anyone long to know exactly why he's changed.

Not changing for the bad but more like he's been 'twitterpated' as said by dongwoon, yoseob would be seen with his phone glued to his hand laughing or sometimes hyunseung would hear him mumbling to someone on the phone hidden in the moonlight. It was amusing to see their friend in his own world up at cloud nine, it was only overdue that yoseob deserved to be happy they only hoped that he wouldn't come crashing down anytime soon.


Kikwang gasped “wow yoseob such foul language in front of your guests, what an irresponsible host you are”

“yeah, guests who are always over here almost three times a week, you all might as well live here.” the five of them were sitting in the living room floor over the low table covered with dishes of food, it was a Wednesday night when hyunseung invited everyone over to have dinner since it'll be getting really busy soon.

Hyunseung eagerly gripped juhyungs arm almost making him drop his chopsticks, “Jun! You can room with me.”

“wait seung I was--”

“that's a great idea, all five us together like a happy family” the maknae sighed dreamily, yoseob swallowed down his food before he went on complaining how he didn't want to be stuck rooming with three other people, which was even worse for him since he'd be having to face two couples being ten times gross right in front of him constantly.

“speaking of couples, how are you and your imaginary boyfriend by the way?”

“first of all junhyung, he isn't my boyfriend-” 'yet' kikwang added which he ignored “-nor is he imaginary. Secondly, he's fine just really busy since he's currently in placement at some all boys school lately.” he recalled doojoon telling him that it took him a couple of a weeks to adjust with the students since he was convinced that he was in the military instead of a boys school, if he thought this was worse then he didn't want to imagine what being in an all girls school would be like for him.

Dongwoon passed a napkin over to kikwang “well I'm pretty sure he's imaginary but really when do we get to meet him?”

“well...I don't know really maybe sometime during winter break? You know after we get everything out of the way first but I'll ask him about it.”

“hyung, it's gonna be like bringing your boyfriend over to meet the parents.”

kikwang erupted into a fit of laughter imagining them likely being a dysfunctional family “yeah it's true, junhyung is the scary dad hyunseung our pretty but 4d mum then there's me and yoseob as the twins and lastly dongwoon my boyfriend of course.”

junhyung passed his chicken wing onto hyunseungs plate, “in your dreams that is.”

the dinner went on smoothly as they all caught up and talked most of the night about dreaded group assigned projects and the haunting twenty five thousand word essays that was worth quite a large amount of their final grades.


----


even with the evening being enjoyable being together and all, yoseob was left awake at three am staring at the white ceiling above him. Thankfully he was free for the rest of the day otherwise he would've been going out of his mind finding a way to knock himself out to sleep, just four hours ago he was wrapped in his bed watching his favourite shows on his laptop when at some point he'd must've fallen asleep leaving him awake at this hour.

His laptop died hours ago and he didn't feel like moving from his spot to get the charger located just beside his bed. Bringing his duvet over his chin he gazed into the ceiling remembering bits and pieces of the conversation from dinner, had he really changed that much? I mean sure him and doojoon had been getting along really well since he barged his way into his life he but couldn't deny that somewhere he might like doojoon.

Maybe yoseob like liked doojoon.

.

He shot straight up as his duvet fell limp, his wrist was still as blank as a canvas as his left thumb brush over it. Yoseob got off his bed shrugging on a sweatshirt over his grey shirt, he needed a distraction that was preferably somewhere away from his room. Closing his bedroom door yoseob silently went over to hyunseungs room, he expected the art major to be wide awake back hunched over the dimly lit laptop instead he found him sound asleep tucked up in his bed with junhyung spooning him from the back. Smiling fondly at the sight of the two dead asleep, he closed the door letting them sleep in for a while more, he could always barge in and annoy them later on anyway.


Yoseob stepped out of the apartment walking down the isolated path, with hyunseung out of the question he texted kikwang so they could meet up and talk. Through bribes that'll leave a gaping hole in his wallet he finally decided to go and meet him halfway, after a couple of minutes on suggesting where they should go they ended up heading towards a small park where a squirrel chased dongwoon last summer.

He sat himself on the swing zipping his black hoodie all the way up, yoseob was glad that he opted for wearing his navy sweatpants rather than shorts to sleep. Beside him sat kikwang sporting a grey hoodie and black sweatpants, gripping onto the chains of the swings as he pushed himself back and forth slowly.

“so what's been bothering you at this hour? Did hyunseung do something or whatever because I'd thought you'd go to him first since he lives with you.”

“ah – no. I was going to but he's asleep with junhyung.” he replied staring down at his trainers.

“oh I get it. I'm just the rebound huh? Why you gotta do this to me seobie I thought I was more to you than that also – were they both...?”

“oh my god. No kikwang! I don't even want to imagine that at all – just. Never mind I just needed to get out of my room since I can't sleep and all.”

kikwangs heels skidded on the ground stopping him from swinging. “seobie, what's been really bothering you? And you can't lie to me remember because you're terrible at that.”

“I hate you sometimes you know.”

“and I love you too.”

yoseob laughed fiddling with the zipper on his hoodie for a bit “okay but I'm not so sure about this but – I think I'm getting maybe too attached to doojoon more than I think I am.”

“seobie, everyone knows how attached you are with him.”

“no I mean-” he left his zipper alone combing his messy bangs out of his face “- I think that, I like doojoon. Well like like I think. Maybe, I'm not so sure yet but it's been what a month maybe? And I'm just...scared.”

“what's there to be scared of?”

“that maybe. I – I just really like him, okay. But what if it's more of 'do I like you or do I like the idea of you'. And in the end I'm just confusing the two, or perhaps I just have a stupid crush on him because I'm lonely while everyone else has someone then there's me. I don't want what happened–”

oh seobie” hopping off the swing kikwang kneeled in front of yoseob slipping his fingers into yoseobs trembling hands, his right hand reaching up to wipe away the tears streaming down. “you're okay. Don't think about it too much, so who knows if you truly like him or not you have all the time in the world to figure this out.” taking his left hand back he brought his sleeve over his knuckles dabbing away the tears and nose “don't put so much pressure on yourself because you don't understand anything right now, take things slow – you'll be just fine and don't forget that you're not alone, you'll never be alone. You have me, woonie, seung, and junhyung and we will always be here.”

“s-so I'm not overreacting t-then?” he hiccuped lightly squeezing kikwangs hand.

“no you're not. Because, hey, I've been in your spot too before I got with woonie. It was scary and confusing at first but I just had to take a step back, and tell myself that I'm fine and everything will be okay and fall right in place. I mean look at me now! I'm bonded with dongwoon my one and only soulmate and I'm happy.”

“you're also kneeling in the park at probably four am with snot and tears covered on your sleeve.”

the youngest of two laughed pulling yoseob out of his swing so he could hug him. “seobie. You'll be fine, trust me. Now lets go home, you're lucky I have an evening lecture today.”

yoseob let kikwang drag him away, his arm wrapped around the others as he leaned more into his side. The sky slowly lightened up signalling the start of the new day leaving him feeling drained. “woonie just texted me if I was okay since he felt a tug on the bond before.”

“oh, why is he still awake? And sorry about your hoodie by the way.”

“he gets up early so he can go jogging and don't worry about it this is his hoodie anyway.” yoseob laughed lightly shoving kikwang, “don't you have any clothes of your own, you thief.”

“eh, maybe I do or maybe I don't.”


----


he woke up back in his room around eleven seeing junhyung sitting on the floor typing away on his laptop and hyunseung brewing up coffee for the three of them. The rest of the day went by with the trio lounging around in the apartment, by the time it was around four in the afternoon they finally got sick of watching tv and decided to just watch films from junhyung's laptop.

In the middle of howl's moving castle (picked by hyunseung) his phone vibrated in his pocket.

Doojoon
[heyy I'm free for once!! wanna come over to mine so we can hang out? I'll even buy dinner]

Yoseob
[free dinner? I'm omw also I bet you ran out of instant noodles]

Doojoon
[…........how did you know..]

Doojoon
[I'll be over at yours to pick you up, see you soon yoyo~]

Yoseob
[hey!! I told you to stop calling me that]

Doojoon
[but it's cute! Just like you kekeke I'll let you know when I'm there]

tucking his phone back in his pocket he brought his attention back to the tv, thankfully he'd be able to see doojoon today instead of the usual texting and calls. Bringing the cream pillow up to his chest, yoseob felt his hands get clammy at the thought of spending time with doojoon at his flat.

With the movie still playing on he quickly left the living room to change out of his sweatpants and shirt he slept in to something more decent. once he got changed he returned back to his place on the sofa catching hyunseungs attention.

“oh, are you going out seobie?”

“yeah, I'm going to doojoons place to hang out since he's free today”

junhyung shifted in his seat bringing an arm around hyunseungs waist “I take it that you're also gonna be having dinner there.”

“yup, he's also on his way to pick me up soon.”

“well I hope you have fun having dinner with doojoon.”

“why are you putting emphasis on dinner, we're just gonna pig out and watch movies or whatever.”

“or maybe you guys are gonna–”

hyunseung cut him off slapping a pillow over junhyungs face “any ways, you'll be coming back right?”

“of course I am, I live here, seung. Where else am I gonna go? - Oh, he's outside I'll text you when I'm heading back.”

shoving the pillow off of his face junhyung sat up seeing yoseob just about to open the door “don't forget to use a !”

his face burnt up in flames “junhyung shut up, you're too loud!”, hyunseung wasn't no help at all since he was giggling beside junhyung.

“I said, don't be a fool and wrap your tool.”

“oh my god, enough already.”


finally leaving before junhyung could fit in any more jokes yoseob walked out the building finding, doojoons car parked right around the corner. This wouldn't been the first time he was over at his place, the first time he actually went there was to take refuge from the rain once it started showering out of nowhere after eating out for lunch. Entering the flat after so long, yoseob took in how homey everything was, the walls were painted cream with brown and grey sofas facing the tv in the medium sized living room where photo frames and ornaments displayed amongst the area, the colours were aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

“lets go to my room since it's more warmer there.”

when yoseob stepped a foot in the room he wasn't really surprised to see the place trashed with piles of clothes spilled all over the place mixing with empty cups of noodles and other junk food.
wow, and I thought kikwang was the messiest person I know.”

“hey you can't blame me, I've had a really busy month.” doojoon side stepped his way in grabbing as many clothing pieces he could so there was at least a clean pathway to get inside “sorry, but can you help me clean this all up real quick?”

“I'm not your maid yoon doojoon, but I'm willing to help since I'm getting free dinner anyway.” getting started off yoseob grabbed the bin from the side chucking in every piece of trash off the floor whilst doojoon got started on collecting up all his clothes which he piled up and shoved to one corner of the room.

Chucking in the third empty red bull can from under the desk a small white square piece of paper revealed itself from underneath, he looked up from the paper seeing doojoon across the room plucking up a pair of socks and shorts sniffing them both before his face crumpled up in disgust. Snickering at the reaction yoseob went back to the piece of paper, flipping it over he discovered that it was actually a photograph, specifically an old photograph of doojoon. Judging by the image he guessed that it was taken when he was probably around middle school, yoseob stared in awe, doojoon looked adorable.

In the photo he was donning a striped shirt with simple framed glasses, the baby fat on his face was clearly visible giving him an almost round face. for a moment yoseob couldn't believe how this innocent looking kid grew up to be a tall attractive idiot who was sniffing his likely month old clothes. He secretly vowed himself to burn this cute image into the back of his mind, doojoon looked so dorky when he was younger.

His time was cut short as doojoon, now in the present, stole the photo off his hands staring at it for a moment. “looks like you found my old middle school photo.”

“you were so cute and squishy here, what happened?”

“what do you mean what happened?, of course this boy grew up to be tall, dark, and handsome who is also right here in front of you. You should be blessed really.”

yoseob rolled his eyes yet he still smiled “yeah, sure

“I'm done tidying up my crap, so – I'll just throw the trash out and grab popcorn from the kitchen get yourself comfortable and pick any movie on my laptop. It's in the 'movie' folder on the desktop” taking the trash from yoseobs hands ruffling his hair on the way out.

Shaking his head yoseob observed the now clean bedroom, the white walls surrounding the room decorated with a few posters that he could recognise. the bed was surprisingly queen size taking up most the room at the back and from the top right corner of the room was where his desk was, organised neatly with textbooks with coloured sticky notes splayed on the wall and desk lamp followed by other office supplies lying around. Next to the desk was the drawer with his tv placed on top along with the laptop connected already by the hdmi cable, opening the laptop up yoseob clicked the folder open finding himself a long list of movies to choose from - not feeling in the mood to be picky he randomly thought of number and picked a movie that was listed by it.

Doojoon entered the room just in time shutting the door behind him“which movie did you pick?” he placed the bowl of popcorn in front of him the sitting by the foot of the bed before taking his duvet off and wrapping it around himself.

“it's a surprise since I just randomly chose one hope you don't mind also why are you sitting on the floor instead of the bed?”

“it's much closer this way, plus the heating just went off not long ago so come and sit here.” the eldest grinned, eagerly patting the space next to him. Thinking nothing of it yoseob played the movie in full screen sitting himself down inside doojoons fort, as the movie started he moved forward grabbing himself a handful of popcorn stuffing it down his throat, sitting back down doojoon had moved himself over to yoseobs spot resulting in him sitting in his lap.

“....doojoon...why am I on your lap please.”

yoseob thanked god that it was dark and the only source of light was emitting from the tv, if kikwang or even worse if junhyung saw him right now they would never let him die of his embarrassment. “sorry, I'm freezing and I need body heat. Are you uncomfortable? I'll move away if you want me to.”

“ah- no it's fine, don't worry about it. Besides I'm freezing too” he lied. Doojoon wrapped the duvet around them tighter before his arms retreated to rest around his stomach, yoseob wanted to cry. he really was going to die any second now.

Sitting in doojoons lap, arms looped around him, in doojoons room, the two of them alone. Is this gods way of testing him because yoseob just wanted to strap himself on a rocket so he could shoot into the suns core.

“I j-just realised something.”

“hm? What is it.” he desperately tried to stop the shiver running down his spine when doojoons breath fanned the tip of his ears.

“you're surprisingly really touchy with people.”

god really was testing him and god wanted yoseob to suffer, he felt the deep chuckle from doojoons chest resonate to his back making him melt into a pile of goo. “yeah, I've been told before how touchy I am sometimes with my skin ship. You know if I ever happen to go overboard without me knowing you can just tell me straight away and I'll try to reduce my touchiness.”

“it doesn't bother me that much.”

“good. Because it's fun touching you, you're really soft and -”

“I take that back, I'm calling the police.”

doojoon barked out a laughter this time and yoseob joined him even when his own heart was on a countdown to combust out of his chest. Like kikwang told him, he'll be just fine and soon everything will fall into place.




 


Sorry for the delay!! I had a plan for this story but now everything is going off course oops, will I ever stop putting puns and dirty jokes????
the answer is never \\ ٩( ᐛ )و //

I also dropped a tiny hint about yoseobs past ohohhoho next chapter will be more around doojoon and hopefully everyone will finally meet, who knows ψ(`∇´)ψ


[You & Me - Kisum ft Jooyoung]