Can't Take My Eyes Off You

One Day

The blaring sound of a familiar ring tone pierced inside the dark room, the lump hidden under the thick duvet sluggishly moves about searching for the source of the sound. Flinging the duvet off him, Yoseob picks his phone up from the floor ripping the cable of his charger off. The light from his phone blinds him temporarily as he reluctantly answers, “Hello?”

“Yoyo~!”

The cheery tone alone wakes him up for a split second until he flops back in bed dragging the covers over his shoulder, “You better have a good excuse as to why you're calling me at-” across him the red digital numbers glared “6:12am, Yoon Doojoon or else.”

Well the thing is – I only slept for three hours and now I can't go back to sleep. So I've been watching movies for a while but now I'm bored, so I'd thought I'll call you.” Even with his eyes closed Yoseob could already picture the trademark grin on Doojoon's face.

He replied back with a frown “You could've just called me around eleven when I'm – I don't know – not sleeping?”


“Aww yoyo, don't be mad at me. I just wanted to hear your voice really.”


Yoseob felt the heat rise up in his face, he wouldn't be surprised if his ears were glowing red in the dark. He hated how Doojoon could be so disgustingly cheesy sometimes (but it's not like he's complaining about it though) sighing heavily he pretended to be irritated tugging the covers closer, “Why did you sleep for only three hours? Don't you have something to do later on.”

There was a loud rustle of fabric in the background of Doojoon's call, “Sorry – just getting comfortable and no, not really I pretty much have nothing to do, why are you busy today?”

“I have to go out shopping later on to restock some stuff for the apartment, not really looking forward to it.”

Doojoon perked up “Oh that sounds like fun, what time are you planning to go?”

“I'm guessing around ten since I can't go back to sleep any more.” His eyes narrowed at the innocent clock as if it was Doojoon.

A loud gasp bounced off the walls “Who's keeping my yoyo awake?!”

“Some guy that cracked my phone screen before who is also the reason of my high blood pressure.”

“Don't worry I'll fight him for you.”

“You go and do that.”

At the other end of the line Doojoon was grinning to himself, he knows that Yoseob isn't really that mad at him for waking him up otherwise he would've hanged up a long time ago. “Hey, I'll help you out with your shopping today since I've got nothing to do.”

“Sure thing” Yoseob was happy to have someone tag along “I was going to drag you along with me anyway for waking me up.”

Doojoons laughter filled up Yoseobs room leaving a smile on his face.


----


It's been a week since Junhyung's birthday party, and nothing much changed between Doojoon and Yoseob. They still continued constantly texting and calling each other every single day - it was their usual daily routine to keep each other updated whether it was Doojoon listening to Yoseob talk about his day and what he did or just Doojoon rambling on about the football match he was excited to watch soon. And neither of the two had actually spoken up about where exactly their relationship lied and it didn't seem to bother them not one bit. At the end of the night Doojoon had wished them all a good night whilst Junhyung thanked him again for the birthday gift, even Kikwang and Dongwoon had insisted on him hanging out with them more often to which the eldest couldn't agree more.

Yoseob sought Doojoon out the building, the back of their hands bumping against each other until their fingers shyly laced together. Stopping in front of the car Yoseob was pulled forward by their hands, a pair of lips softly pressed against his forehead with a promise that he'd call him that night, regardless of his face tinted pink he brought his arms up slightly tip toeing to hug Doojoon's neck. Surprised by the sudden move, the ends of his lips curled up as he brought Yoseob closer squeezing him tight before letting him go. He finally left driving away in his car, during the whole time Yoseob was rooted in his spot watching the car fade into the distance.

Christmas followed by in flash right after, on the day Doojoon's older sister had surprised him spending the eve and Christmas with him as they video chatted with their parents. Everyone was away spending time with their loved ones, Yoseob had even went back home for only a couple of days until returning back to the apartment. Firm arms were leaning on the blue rail of the trolley, the cart strolled down the aisle following Yoseob, the whole centre was decorated with large banners reminding customers about the new year deals and sales on fireworks, time had really flown by quick.

“Now we just have to go into fruit and veg section.” he mumbled to himself, Yoseob skimmed over the list in his hand. The benefits of being early meant there was less people so thankfully they were halfway through the list, the third year smiled seeing Yoseob hand the list over to him as he picked up two Pak choi's comparing them both before putting it inside a clear plastic bag. Doojoon secretly thought it was cute seeing him so serious comparing vegetables carefully before moving a long.

He took the plastic bag of Chinese cabbages placing them next to milk inside the cart, “Hey seobie.”

“Yeah?” The list was back in his hands.

“Where'd you like to go for our first date?”

Yoseob stopped walking to stare at him, “Our first date?”

Doojoon wheeled over till they were both side by side, his smile growing bigger seeing the faint blush. “Yeah our first date, we're boyfriends now right?”

The only answer he got was a grumble as Yoseob walked faster turning left into the bread aisle. He quickly caught up with him nudging his side with his elbow. “We are boyfriends right, seobie~?”

“Yes, we're boyfriends now okay.” He ignored Doojoon's Cheshire grin, the smell of freshly baked pastries greeted the two generously. One of the staff members was already setting out personally made treats for display, it reminded Yoseob to buy coffee and a small snack before he headed straight home.

“So where'd you like to go for our first date?”

“I'm not sure but at the same time I don't really mind where we go.” Yoseob picked up a loaf of bread placing it inside the cart.

Doojoon watched his side profile, “So say if I take you to a junk yard for our first date. You still wouldn't mind?”

“Really?, Well if you're up for going to a junk yard - then sure let's go.”

Standing up straight the tallest of the two pushed the cart forward, resting a right arm around Yoseobs neck. “Or Instead of going to the junk yard, how about we just go around in the city?” Looking down at the list in Yoseobs hand he leaded them down to where the towels were kept.

He peered at Doojoon using his right arm as a substitute for a pillow neck, “Where will go?”

“No idea but we could pretend to be tourists and take a lot of pictures, I'll even treat you to the most prestige restaurant that I know of for dinner.”

the duo went around the corner leisurely, “Oh really now. What's the restaurant called?”

“McDonalds.”

Doojoon snorted seeing Yoseob's blank face, he pulled him to his side rubbing his cheek on top of his head. “I'm joking I'm not gonna take you just into the city just so we can eat at McDonalds, We can just go to the one around the corner by the drive thru.”

“You're just something else really - and stop doing that you're messing up my hair!” His hand came in contact with the others face shoving him further away from him. Yoseob was prepared to scold him until his ears fall off when he his eyes met an elderly woman just across them, he sheepishly smiled at her bowing slightly as he grabbed a blue and purple towel before power walking down the aisle.

He could still clearly hear Doojoon calling for him which he purposely ignored, sometimes he really had no idea how he could even put up with his antics. It's just one of the things he secretly liked about the other he guessed.


----


After the eventful shopping trip they both finally managed to get everything done just before twelve, it was an hour later that Yoseob had found himself packed inside the crowded train. With all the excitement of their first date they entirely forgot about the lunch rush, he even had no choice but to use Doojoon's free arm as a pillar to keep him steady since all the handles were taken. It was disgustingly humid inside the train, Yoseob mostly hated the fact that all he could see around him were arms and bags from people who were taller.

The train went over a bump the impact making him hold clutch onto Doojoon's arm, they should be at least half way there, Yoseob did his best to get a clear view of the trains district map over the broad shoulders in front of him. Luckily only two stops were left.

Deep smothered laughter came from his left, Doojoon was biting down on his bottom lip facing straight ahead. He must've seen Yoseob struggling to see the map, just when he was going to pinch Doojoon's underarm as revenge because he knows that he probably made some joke inside his head about how short he is. The carriage came to a stop, a handful of people left from the side letting a second of cool breeze slip inside the train. A crowd of faceless people entered the carriage giving yoseob an idea, the jolting movement from the engine beneath their feet temporarily shakes as it continues on its course, Yoseob tugged on Doojoons sleeve motioning for him to bend over towards him.

Their designated platform came into sight, he cranes his neck over to yoseob lending his right ear. The sound of rhythmic motor and mumbled conversations in the background were filtered out, Yoseob gingerly tugs his navy blue scarf down quickly stretching up to press a kiss against the high cheekbone. The door opens again and Yoseob almost dashes out with a huge grin in his face leaving Doojoon stunned behind, the voice of the intercom breaks him out of his haze as he quickly heads out before the door closes.

Yoseob was already out the station waving at Doojoon with a bright smile plastered on his face as if he didn't do anything wrong, exiting the station he goes for the attack pinching Yoseobs small nose. “And just what was that you just did in the train? I almost missed our stop.”

He swats the hand away jutting his jaw out, “That's exactly what I wanted. I knew you were laughing about me because of my height, so I did the unexpected.”

“You're just lucky that you're cute and I can never be mad at you.” sighed Doojoon with a small smile, he adjusted the loose scarf around yoseobs neck carefully tightening. Yoseob looped his arm around Doojoons walking down the pavement, just as expected the streets were busy with crowds of people weaving in and out of each other. He leaned closer to Doojoon not wanting to get separated. Almost everything was coated with colourful twinkling lights as if someone took a handful of stars off the sky sprinkling them down to earth for just one night, they passed by quirky little shops down the road and a couple of street performers garnering attention with small crowds Doojoon even paused a couple of times to take his phone out taking multiple pictures of the scenery, he also managed to get slips of yoseob which he'd be keeping for a long time.

Peppy 8bit music came flowing into the air, recognising the music all to well Yoseob roped Doojoon down into the arcade that he used to visit a lot back then. They bolted in hounding over all of the retro game booths, it was nostalgic, it brought memories back from when things were easier and a little less stressful.

Doojoon hollerred from the corner of the room “Seobie! Look there's a claw machine!” He waved him over like an excited giant puppy. Yoseob laughed heading over, the machine was filled with stuffed rilakkuma and korilakuma toys, Doojoon cracked his knuckles before dropping change into the slot, the machine came alive the motors whirring in excitement. “Watch your almighty boyfriend get you” he tapped his finger against the glass “that rilakkuma there in the corner.”

“Wouldn't it just be easier to get the one that's closest?”

“There's no fun in that, this way is more of a challenge.” Yoseob shrugged, there was no point in stopping him now once Doojoon was settled on something he doesn't go back. The claw stuttered a long dropping onto the rilakkuma, the claws long fingers gripped the bears ear lifting it up from the pile. They anxiously watched the unsteady claw carry the toy only for it to drop halfway, “Let's try again, at least we're progressing.” Doojoon dug into his pocket inserting change into the machine, it took him almost four more tries to get rilakkuma without completely shaking down the machine and once he finally got the bear Doojoon automatically handed it over to Yoseob with a proud grin.

Yoseob bit down on his lip seeing the oldest so proud of himself, he was more happier to receive rilakkuma than him. He returned the bear over to Doojoon before pushing him to the side, holding the bear in confusion he watched Yoseob start up the machine. The claw was alive once again gliding across then picking up the cream coloured korilakuma bear and dropping it down in one go.

“Wait. Why did it take you only one try and for me it was four?!” his mouth dropped in shock, Yoseob took the smaller bear up holding it in his arms.

“No idea, maybe I'm just better than you.” He handed korilakuma over to Doojoon “here.” he reached out holding rilakkuma in his left hand korilakuma in his right.

“Seobie look it's us, I'm rilakkuma and you're korilakuma. Even the height difference is right.”

Doojoon laughed using the pair of bears as a shield against yoseobs wrath towards him. Then Yoseob stopped abruptly, his right hand dived into his pocket taking his phone out, “Let's take a picture together, I'll hold rilakkuma and you hold korillakuma.” Doojoon handed the bear over, they stood close grinning up at the phone snapping multiple pictures with funny faces making them giggle throughout it all. Yoseob took his phone back, his smile never leaving his face the whole time as he swiped through them all. The pastel lightings of the arcade brought out the glimmer in Yoseobs hazel eyes, the charming smile graced his face while holding rilakkuma against his chest as if he was showing the bear all the pictures they've just taken.

Doojoon just felt so content with Yoseob – even just seeing him had him feel as if he were at home, it was even a privilege to breathe the same air as him. Doojoon tilts over kissing Yoseobs nose, surprising him slightly. “Huh? What was that for?”

“Just – ” He avoided looking at Yoseob, blushing slightly “it's nothing lets go find something to eat.”

“Yoon Doojoon, are you up to something?” he feigned being angry, squinting his eyes.

He shakes his head taking the two bears stuffing them safely into his backpack, “Why do you always think I'm up to something?”

Yoseob locks his phone returning it back in his pocket. “Because you're always up to something. Any way lets go eat, I'm hungry.” taking Doojoons hand into his own he leads them out the arcade, back out again into the open cold air.

Every restaurant they passed by were either ridiculously overpriced, or were just packed inside. In the middle of their search Doojoon caught the scent of grilled meat, they followed the alluring smell down the street to see a couple of food vendors on the pavement. Buying a handful of food each they followed the trail of street lights heading towards a small park they've passed by before, finding an isolated place they settled down on the wooden bench sinking their teeth into the freshly warm food savouring the taste.

It was only around five by now, the vast sky was dyed in shades of orange behind the thin clouds. There were a handful of people still around in the park nameless strangers too absorbed in their own world, Doojoon ripped a piece of his caramelised waffled feeding it to yoseob.

“Better than eating at McDonalds right?” Yoseob chewed and swallowed before nodding, finishing up whatever food he had left he took all their empty wrappers dumping them inside a plastic bag putting it to the side. They sat on the bench in silence, yoseobs arm moulded into doojoons side their thighs parallel yet touching.

He leaned back against Doojoons right arm that was placed behind his back, Yoseob tilted his head up his eyes roaming over Doojoon's facial features. “Hey what are your plans for new years?”

“New years?.” he questioned “No idea, I don't really have one. Everyone I know are either going to be with their family or are out of town, I'd probably just sleep in or something.” Doojoon shrugged. Though he didn't really mind spending new years eve alone Yoseob on the other hand didn't like the fact that he would be by himself, The thought of Doojoon just sleeping the end of the year away instead of celebrating like everyone else was unfair, it painted a frown on his lips.

Doojoon saw the frown, “Hey what's with the sad look? I'll be fine plus I'll be talking to you the whole night.” he pinched yoseobs cheek with his right hand, seeing the other upset for him was the last thing he needed to see “You're heading back to your parents for new years right?”

A small smile came back as he shook his head, “We decided to spend new years eve at my aunts this time with my cousins.”

“That sounds like fun, when will you be back?” Doojoon leaned his head against Yoseobs.

“Next year.”

He ripped himself from Yoseob his face scrunching in disgust over the bad pun, beside Doojoon he busted into a fit of laughter hitting the others arm. “Don't be such a hypocrite! You make stupid puns all the time.”

“Yeah, but you could do better than that honestly.” returning to Yoseobs warm side he took his left hand slotting their fingers together with his right hand.

They fell silent momentarily “I'll be back before you know it.” he whispered softly, squeezing their hands slightly “don't miss me too much okay?”

Doojoon pouted pressing his full weight against Yoseob, “I'll always be missing you, seobie.” Yoseob laughed sending Doojoon's heart into a frenzy, He pushed against Doojoon making him sit up properly.

“I've never met such a greasy yet clingy person in my life I swear.”

“But you like this greasy clingy person right?”

“I'm not sure any more.”

Doojoon stood up, “I don't need this, goodbye forever Yang Yoseob.”

“Wait!” Yoseob collapsed on the bench his stomach hurt from laughing at the sight of him stomping away like a five year old throwing a fit. He stopped glancing back at Yoseob.

“Are you sorry?”

“No, you forgot your backpack” He held the backpack waving it in front of him. Doojoon huffed walking back to the bench instead of snatching his bag Yoseob had beaten him to the chase pulling Doojoon back to sit down dropping his bag to beside him, he locked his arms around Doojoons waist tight diving his face into his chest.

He was startled at first but he hugged him back with just as much force. Doojoon threaded his fingers through Yoseobs soft hair, he always liked running his fingers through them. “Hey, seobie.”

There was a hum against his chest, “Are you still upset about me being alone during new years?” Doojoon watched him for a while before Yoseob slowly nodded, bristles of blonde hair brushed against his chest, Yoseob knew that he hated being by himself for too long it was only four days left that Doojoon would be just by himself in his apartment and Yoseob would be leaving the day after tomorrow to head over to his aunts place.

Holding Yoseob tighter he felt slightly smaller hands grip the back of his jacket, he kissed behind Yoseobs left ear. “I wont feel lonely, because I have you and you have me.”

He pulled himself back from Doojoons arms, his face flushed pink, “I know but – please eat properly and not just instant noodles, okay? And don't hesitate to call or text me whenever. ”

“Fine, but I never hesitate to call or text you. You're so adorable when you start to worry about me, it makes me feel special.”

Yoseob rolled his eyes with a smile, his arms back around doojoons waist and his ear pressed against the torso listening to the faint beating heart. Doojoon ran his hand against Yoseobs side, feeling in pure bliss just being with him. He felt as though Yoseob was the missing jigsaw puzzle piece he'd been searching for that would make him complete. And he was right.


 


Hey i'm alive!! last week was a bad emotional roller coaster for me so I hope this update makes at least one persons day better.

Edit: chapter was inspired by my lovely muse Brooke who has to deal with all my dooseob au's and headcanons ily~ (●´□`) ♡ ♡ 


[Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Crucial Star]