Coffee Shop

One Day

It was almost eleven forty five and there was still no sign of kikwang, reopening his kakaotalk he made sure that the message he sent before was delivered right before closing the app again for the tenth time in a row. Yoseob sighed leaning back into his seat, he watched people pass by the window beside him, a couple caught his eye as they went by their hands laced together swinging between them as they walked along. He didn't fail to see the cursive writings tattooed onto each others wrists.

He couldn’t even help but peek at his own wrist seeing it blank as usual, huffing to himself yoseob checked the clock across the room. There was only thirty minutes left until his next class starts, just as he was prepared to call kikwang the door swung open letting in the cold breeze. Kikwang had finally arrived in the coffee shop just in time, adjusting his scarf he found the other waving from the corner of the room. Weaving through the almost crowded shop the black haired boy plopped into the maroon seat across sighing in relief.

"what took you so long, you're lucky that I was nice to enough to not eat your muffin."

Kikwang had found warmth in the coffee cup in his hands, luckily it hadn't gotten cold yet, "I'm sorry seob, I had to run back to my class I almost left my scarf behind."

Yoseob listened to kikwang as he rambled on about what happened in his dance class today, adjusting the thick black frames on his face every once in a while. Kikwang and yoseob attended the same high school where they instantly clicked and stuck together even until now, the both of them are currently uni students overflowed with endless deadlines and coursework. Kikwang was a dance student, unlike his blonde friend he had less theoretical work to do since his area of study was more practical.

The both of them used to be a dynamic duo getting involved with dance competitions and talent shows whenever they can, letting kikwang show his full potential, it wasn't until on their second to last year in high school that yoseob had found his calling in music leading him in hopes to one day perform in musical theatres. In all honesty he was certainly glad that the younger had been with him for this long, the both of them supporting each other through thick and thin. there was even a point that yoseobs mom was convinced that the two were actually dating to which kikwang laughed claiming that yoseob wishes he does. Taking a last sip of his mocha drink he watched amusingly as kikwang was devouring his muffin all in one go.

"were you even listening to me at all, yang yoseob? Sometimes I think that you don't even respect me at all." Kikwang frowned.

"I think I'm the one who should be saying that, and yeah I heard you say something about a party or whatever.”

He scoffed loudly, “no, I was talking about how my class is going to be raising a charity event next week Thursday afternoon, so you should come and watch me because you love me of course.”

“we’ll see about it, I'm not sure if I have work that day or not” he teased knowing fully well that he was free. Kikwang was about to complain when his phone vibrated cutting him off, watching the way kikwangs face lighted up yoseob had a solid guess knowing who it was.

“Hey, breaks almost over we should start going soon. Woonie said he’ll meet us along the way.” Glancing at the time on his phone They got ready to leave the café where the chilly autumn air awaits for them outside. They took their time walking back to the campus occasionally bumping shoulders and arms, neither of them minded it at all. Yoseob watched people seam through in and out hurrying back into the over towering buildings around them, while kikwang linked arms with him complaining how cold it is. As they walked pass the water fountain a familiar voice called out to them halting their steps a tall figure approached them, with a red thick scarf that matched kikwangs, it hid his mouth leaving his recognisable eye smile visible. It was then that kikwang started waving frantically at the newcomer to come over, he wasted no time as he rushed over enveloping the shorter two into a crushing bear hug.


“I made it in time, thank god. Hey, seobie how are you today in this wonderful warm weather?”

“I'm enjoying the hot sun of course, it seems like everyone has been running late lately.” He shifted his foot as the leaf underneath his shoe crunched.

“Yeah my alarm didn't go off, so my whole morning was a huge a mess.” Dongwoon sighed, but he smiled brightly once when kikwang linked arms with him sneakily holding hands with him inside his pocket.

Even though yoseob felt like a third wheel he was exceptionally glad for kikwang and dongwoon since the two were bonded, kikwang and dongwoon were soulmates and they definitely were meant for each other with or without the cursive name on their wrists. Once you've found your other half the name of the person appears onto your wrist, the name of the person is usually their signature given that everyone will have their own unique name and writing, one of the ways you can tell when you've met them is when you’ll feel a certain itch on your wrist. There you'll find the name of your soulmate, once you're with your other half you’ll be bonded together having a deep connection which only you and your soulmate can have one of the factors of being bonded is that you’ll be able to feel whatever emotion your other half is feeling.


Majority of people spend most of their lives searching for their yin to their yang, while other people don't opposing to the fact that fate had them chained to another person no matter what. Yoseob was in the middle, he wasn't that much in favour for the fact that fate pretty much had everything laid out for him yet he was secretly a er for the whole cliché romantic nonsense and eager to know who would be at the end of his red string.

“woonie, you're coming to watch my performance next week Thursday right?”

Dongwoon hummed in thought, “I don't think I can kwangie.” The raven haired boy frowned leaning against dongwoons shoulder, yoseob on the other hand rolled his eyes at the two but smiled nonetheless seeing a twinkle in the maknaes eyes.

“I can't because I already have plans to see you on next week Thursday afternoon.”

Groaning out loud yoseob decided to block out their lovey conversation for a while, the three of them made their way towards the east building where their next lesson would take place. From a different perspective it was probably amusing to see three people linking arms walking in a row especially as they were in height order, at the end of the line yoseob took a peak at the two chatting a mile away. He was sincerely happy for them, though he was a tiny bit jealous the way they both met. Dongwoon had transferred to their university half way through the first semester, unfortunately he was completely lost as he blindly walked through the hallway. then he overheard loud music coming from one the classrooms curiously following the source he found kikwang lost in his own world dancing away. It wasn't until that kikwang was finished he realised that dongwoon was watching him, after awkwardly introducing themselves along with the maknae shyly complimenting his dance skills the youngest then explained his situation to which kikwang was happy to help out showing him around the campus.


From then on they both stayed in touch and were almost always seen together, yoseob definitely remembered how kikwang was practically gushing over how cute dongwoon was on how he met him ("seobie he's not only tall but he's really cute even his awkwardness is adorable!"). It wasn't even almost three months until the peppy raven haired boy had announced that dongwoon was his soulmate showing yoseob his inked wrist.


"we're here, sorry I need to head up first my class is on the third floor so I'll see you both at lunch!" Kikwang broke their chain of arms as dongwoon leaned down to give him a light peck on the lips and yoseob a quick hug, the remaining two waved him off as he disappeared.


"hey hyung, are you free right now?"

"sorry, woonie. I'm afraid not, don't you have lessons today?" Dongwoon sighed rubbing the back of his neck, "yeah, I only have a lecture but that’s right after lunch. I came in because I thought I had a lesson before that and now I can't even go home because I know that I'll end up being too lazy to leave again."

Yoseob laughed mockingly patting the maknaes shoulder, "there there, maybe junhyung hyung is free right now." Walking further along yoseob could see the west building coming to sight.

"no thanks, hyung will definitely kill me for annoying him." He shuddered knowing how merciless he could be.

Yoseobs watch beeped loudly reminding him that he had ten minutes left before class begun, "I'm sure you'll find away to kill time, I'll see you later on!" He gave a quick hug to a sulking dongwoon before he started to pick up the pace.

Power walking his way past a couple of students who were taking their time pacing along, his phone vibrated in his pocket, slowing down a bit he checked his phone finding a message from junhyung.

Junhyung:
[Seob are you free after around four?]

Yoseob:
[yeah, do you need something~?]

Junhyung:
[ya, need your help with one of the tracks i'm working on]

Junhyung
[you up for it?]

Yoseob
[of course!!]

Junhyung
[cool,I'll tell you more about it during lunch]


shoving his phone into his pocket he looked up in time for him to unknowingly bump into whatever was in front him, the force of the impact unfortunately had him landing on his along with his phone landing onto the concrete floor with a sickening crack

", I'm really sorry about that – this is my fault really."

Yoseob felt a hand gently pulling him up, he slightly winced at the pain coming from his rear end. The stranger in front of him was tall, almost as tall as dongwoon. He had Chestnut hair that was swept to the side, from looking over the strangers features the one feature that really stood out to him was his dark brown eyes yoseob watched the way others face contort into a state of panic,He could tell that whoever this person is was genuinely apologetic and jittery from what had just happened.

Snapping out of his short daze he adjusted his clothes making sure he had no other physical injuries, the stranger in front of him carefully picked up his phone as yoseob suddenly remembered that he had dropped it.

"ah, is my phone okay?"

flipping the phone over in his palm, the unknown person handed over the phone. "I'm sorry, your screen is cracked. But hopefully it's only that."

Yoseob unlocked his phone to see the outcome, well he was right everything seemed okay apart from the lightning shaped crack that branched over his screen and the double pixilated image.

The tallest of the two looked over seeing the phone before grumbling under his breath. "ah – you know what, tomorrow meet me in the library at around three. I'll pay for the crack on your phone tomorrow, okay? I'm really really sorry again, I'll see you tomorrow in the library!.”

"its fine really I can– " yoseob stopped talking as he watched the guy practically dash across the campus. It didn't take long to realise that he too had to start sprinting to his class.


 

-----


 

"are you actually sure that he's really gonna show up?"

yoseob reached over stealing some of kikwangs food "he did seem really apologetic about it, either way if he shows up or not it doesn't matter. It's only the screen that’s cracked."

"I don't know how you're so calm about this hyung, if it was my phone I'd demand he fix it right no-ow! Hyung! What was that for?!" dongwoon whined rubbing his sore foot.

"don't talk with your mouthful its gross, and your crumbs are starting to land on my lunch" The maknae frowned as he mumbled under his breath, "someone's extra grumpy just because their special princess isn't here." Kikwang laughed at junhyung shooting down the frightened maknae with his infamous glare.

"oh that’s right, hyunseungie isn't here today. How is he?" dongwoon thanked kikwang as he handed him a napkin before they shuffled closer to each other.

poking his damaged phone he sighed loudly, "he still has a cold and if anything he's still the same apart from the fact that he keeps complaining a lot of how bored he is stuck in the apartment."

"does he need anything?, I was thinking of surprising him tomorrow by coming over since I'm free." Junhyung looked up from his phone to see the other three snickering loudly with a bright grin plastered on their faces.

"aww junhyungie hyung is such a sweet boyfriend~" teased kikwang, he yelped as a crumpled wrapper was thrown his way leaving the maknae couple to burst into a fit of giggles.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind anything but if you'd like you can buy me and hyunseung chinese food"

his eyebrows furrowed "is your name hyunseung?"

Yoseob stuck his tongue out at the other just in time for dongwoon to make another witty comment making junhyung flustered as he spat out empty threats against everyone.


 


 


 


Sorry this took so long life is kicking my right now aasdfgghse you'll get to see who the 'stranger' is (pretty much obvious who its going to be) and hyunseung in the next chapter soon ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_


[Coffee Shop - B.A.P]