❁ Welcome To Sunflower Dorm! ❁

✿ ❁ ❀Sunflower Dorm❀ ❁ ✿
Please log in to read the full chapter

                 I was an orphan for as long as I can remember. I was abandoned in front of the hospital at birth, my family never wanted me. Now that I'm old enough to venture out and start my life I've decided to live on my own, kind of. College was starting this spring and the options were: stay in the orphanage, stay in an apartment alone, dorm on campus, or the choice I chose: live in a house with a bunch of strangers.

 

“Now, Ms.Rodgers? Are you listening?”

“I'm sorry. I spaced out.” The lady wasn't having a good day it seemed. Her outfit didn't match, her shirt had buttons in the wrong holes, her glasses drooped down to the very end of her nose, and her hair could have been mistaken for a birds nest.

“I will repeat. 7 other boys live here as well. I hope you know at the moment you are the only girl. I may be the landlord, but I don't live here. We've been trying to get a girl here for ages. I even lowered the rent. It's true such a beautiful girl came here, but you know men, they can turn into wolves. It doesn't matter how nice they are...” No matter if they came after me, I'd be ready. I didn't really care.

 

      I looked around to see a cute cottage like house painted blue and white on the pillars and beams. Butterfly bushes and daisy's littered the yard. Barely even a blade of grass laid in the yard. What really caught my eye was an arch covered in vines with cute purple flowers at the entrance to what seemed like a fairytale home. There was even a path to a cherry blossom tree with a bench underneath. There was no signs boys lived her.

“Are you the one to plant and take care of all these flowers?” She pushed her sliding glasses up her face.

“No, that would be one of the boys, Jin I think was his name. He's been here the longest. He's also the oldest. He should help you the most while you're here I think. He's very maternal.”

“Is that so? That's not something you see often.”

“Ahhh, yes, well then, I'll be off. Your stuff should be in there already. Here's the key to your room and they turn off the hot water at 10 p.m. Well, I tell them to anyway. Call me if anything happens hun!” The woman stumbled down the steps and walked haphazardly on the street. I looked at the carved wooden front door a few feet away. The wind blew lightly making the hanging chair swing on the front porch. Everything about the outside of the house seemed cozy. I even heard they have a dog. Quickly opening the door I found the same atmosphere as the outside, but with the smell of cinnamon rolls.

“She’s going to be here any minute!”

“Don't worry about it. I'll just do my laundry now, problem sol-” I stood in the doorway taking in the smells when a tall boy tripped twisting his body just in time to not hit me.

“Tae! What did I tell you about running down the stairs! Are you hurt?” A tall man wearing an apron and carried a rubber spatula walked in to see the other on the floor covered in dirty laundry. “She's here everyone! Quick! Come downstairs!” like proper children, 4 boys came down the stairs one by one. Each seemed to have their own style though.

“It’s nice to meet you all. I'm Samantha Rodgers, but you can just call me Sam.” I bowed letting my long hair fall and met each one with a grin. Everyone seems to be taken aback. “Is there something wrong?” The boy on the floor got up and blurted out “Noona, you're pretty...” All the other boys hit him upside the head at his comment even though they were all thinking it. The first to outstretch their hand was a buff attractive boy.

“Hi, my name is Jimin, Park Jimin. Welcome to your new home.”

“Thank you, it's very nice to meet you.” I shook his hand and he put a firm squeeze on mine. My first impression was he was a gym junky. The boy once on the floor slid in front of me blocking Jimin with a full smile.

“Hey, Sam. How old are you? Oh I’m Kim Tae Hyungggggg. You can call me Mr.Kim, Kim, Tae, Tae Tae, Taehyung, or even just hyung.”

“Ah, it's very nice to meet you too. I’m 19. If it's ok I'll just call you Tae.” He stood there with a big thumbs up.

“We’re the same age Sam. It's destiny!”

“What's destiny you big oaf.” The tallest man kicked Tae who was beginning to get down on one knee and Jimin and another boy seemed to kick him on the ground. The person in front of me bowed deeply then offered his hand. I quickly put one side of my hair behind my ear and bowed again. I shook his hand softly while he clasped it with both hands.

“Welcome. We are so happy to have a girl here. It's nice to have something to liven up the space. Oh! I'm Kim Namjoon. You can call me Rap Monster if you want. My rap is hot!” I giggled covering my mouth trying not to be rude.

“It’s very nice to meet you, um, Rap Monster. Thank you for the warm welcome.

“I'm the true leader here, Jin just helps out the most. Speaking of which, where did he go?” I looked around noticing the boy in the apron was gone. “I'll go find him. He has to be in the kitchen. He's been cooking all day waiting for you. Why don't you talk to Jungguk or Hoseok?” The two boys I haven't met yet weren't paying attention. I decided to just introduce myself first.

“Hello I'm Sam. What are your names?” I offered a smile that they both returned. The taller one with a goofy grin put a hand on the others shoulder with a toothy grin.

“I got this one hyung.” He gave somewhat you could call swagger. “My name is Jeon Jungguk, international playboy. They call me kookie because I'm so sweet.”  You stood there thinking “

The other boy stepped in finally without you saying anything to Jungguk.

“Hello, I am your hope, your angel, a J-hope. That's my nickname, but my real name is actually Jung Hoseok. Just call me J-hope. It has more flare. I'm older than you so you can also call me oppa.” I blushed at his words and they zoomed back upstairs before I could talk to them more. It seemed Jimin and Tae ran off too. I made my way to where Rap Monster went off to. There was a huge kitchen that could have been the size of any industrial kitchen. The boy I saw before, Jin I think they called him, was wearing a chef’s hat and apron humming to himself while Rap Monster was stirring something in a pot.

“Oh there you are!” I was met with a large hug that was both warm and soft. “Welcome Sam! I'm Kim Seok Jin. Jin is just fine to use. Have you met everyone?”

“Possibly? I was told there was 7 people here, but I've only met 6.”

“Oh, that's probably Suga you haven't met yet. He always stays up all night and sleeps all day. We started a little group and he helps write a lot of it with Namjoon.”

“That sounds fun. So I'll be able to meet him later then? I stay up late myself, but I always wake up early it seems.”

“Then he’ll see you then. By the way, we will be having a small party for you tomorrow. So make sure not to go anywhere.”  I got a little excited hearing there would be a party for me. I left the kitchen with a little skip in my step.

“Ok Jin, I'll clear my plan book!”

 

    I took a look at the key that was given to me by the landlord “A-4” was marked on a leather strap.

“That has to be the room.” I climbed up the main stairway to see 5 doors all marked “A-1 to A-5.” Each door had names labeled on them. I looked at each one noting who was in them. “A-1” a piece of wood had 2 names carved into it “Jiminie & Kookie.” I didn't expect then to room together. Maybe they were really close. I moved to the next door. “A-2” with another surprising mix “V & J-Ho×e.” The P was scribbled out, but who was V? The next door had a different color of yellow while all the others were a dark gray. The plate in the middle was metal and said “The King and Queen.” underneath was another nameplate with “Kim Namjoon and Kim Seok Jin.”

I thought. Next was your room and it had no nameplate probably because they just learned your name. I went to go unlock the door, but it seemed to be already open.

“That's odd? They must have unlocked it to put my stuff in.” I opened the door and to my surprise there was 2 beds and half of the room was filled with someone else's stuff which included a computer, soundboard, piano, and a fancy color coated keyboard. I looked to see a lightly pink shade of hair pop out from underneath the blankets. For now I left whoever was there alone and thought there had to be a mistake. Just as I was exiting a hand grabbed my wrist. It was the once sleeping boy.

“Who are you?” I looked at the boy blankly.

“Um well, I'm the new tenant. I was told this is my room, but there must be a mistake. So I'll just leave.” I tried shaking off the boy's hand, but he wouldn't let go. “Um, if you let go I can go tell them and you can go back to sleep.” The boy scratched his head with his free hand and sighed.

“Although that sounds great. This is your room. I was told someone new was coming and they'd be rooming with me. I just assumed it'd be a boy.” He let go of my wrist but placed my hand in his. “My name is Min Yoongi, Aka Suga. Pleased to meet you roomie.” He shook your hand. His hand was soft, but the tips were rough with calluses.

“Well then, hello. My name is Samantha Rodgers, just call me Sam. I'm sorry to disturb your sleep.”

“It is odd for me to be up at this hour. Why did you come super early? It has to be at least 9.”

“No... It’s 4P.M. Jin’s already making dinner.”

“Oh, I should get up then.” Suga got up just wearing a loose shirt and boxers. Normally people would blush, but in the orphanage everyone just walked around in their underwear so it had no effect on me. I took the chance to lay out and put away everything. Suga was taking a shower so I didn't walk into the bathroom to put that stuff away. It was nice each room had their own suite style bathroom. The rooms were a good size too. The rent was cheap for all of this so it was odd other people didn't want to room here. I got in really easy. Suga walked in drying off his hair.

“Hey, uh, Suga?”

“Hm?”

“Has anyone else tried to get this room? It seems odd since it's so nice and the rent is so cheap.”

“Ah, yea, we've had plenty of people room here. They were all scumbags and hoes.

Please log in to read the full chapter