Chapter 7

How Much Is That DaeHyunnie In The Window?

"Look at all the stores"! YoungJae laughs at how excited DaeHyun is. They haven't even made it to the middle of the plaza where all the major stores are yet, be he is already very distracted. YoungJae just takes his hand and drags him along to where the food court is so they can get a good overview of where to look first.

Once they reach their destination, YoungJae had to really keep a good grip on DaeHyun because of all the different food smells. He nudges the blissed out pup to get his attention. "We'll get something to eat later. Where do you want to look first"? 

DaeHyun inhales one last time. He glances around at all the different, brightly colored signs. "They all look interesting to me. Whatever Jae picks is fine". YoungJae pats DaeHyun's head and he gives a big smile in return. "Alright. I think there is a hybrid clothing store around here somewhere. Let's go see if we can find it first".

 

@@@@@@

They spent quite a while looking through the hybrid clothing. DaeHyun had never seen so many colorful hybrid clothing. He is only used to the standard blue, black, white, and grey clothing from the shelter. YoungJae, of course, made him try a bunch of clothing on. There just so happened to be marking down a bunch of items, so he even bought DaeHyun a pair of over-alls, a couple of graphic tees, and a nice button down shirt. DaeHyun had been skeptical about it at first, but YoungJae assured him that he really hadn't spent that much.

They then moved on to look at a shoe store. The store was mostly filled with expensive athletic shoes, so looking was all they did. DaeHyun spotted a colorful toy store as soon as they exited the shoe store. He silently begged to go look there next, so of course that's where they went. DaeHyun excitedly took off ahead of YoungJae. He just shook his head and let him go. The store is only two down from where they are, so he can see him enter as he slowly makes his way to him.

YoungJae expects to find DaeHyun hovering over some toy display when he enters, but he quickly frowns at the sight that meets hs eyes. DaeHyun has his ears pressed down flat and his tail tucked between his legs as he trembles while a sales associate has him cornered. YoungJae sets his jaw as he quickly makes his way over .

"What seems to be the problem here"? The sales person quickly turns to face YoungJae and DaeHyun lets out a whimper. "It's bad enough he came in here, but I caught this mutt trying to steal this toy car". YoungJae feels his anger steadily building up, but keeps him calm as he reaches out a hand and gently pulls DaeHyun to him and wraps his arm around his shoulder. "DaeHyunnie, would you please tell me what happened"? "He's yours"? "Yes he is. DaeHyunnie, go ahead".

"I...I saw a boy playing with it. His mommy called him to leave, so he set it down. It was shiny, and looked fun, so I ...I just wanted to try it too, but when I picked it up, she got angry. I'm sorry I touched their things without asking".

YoungJae sweetly smiles at DaeHyun as he gently his ears. "It's alright DaeHyunnie, you did nothing wrong".He then directs his attention to the sales person. "As for you, you clearly don't know how to conduct a business. You don't go around accusing customers of stealing just because they've picked up an item. Secondly, if you don't want hybrids in the store you should have it posted. You most definately don't deserve my business. We won't be back".

YoungJae then turns back to DaeHyun. "Come on DaeHyun, let's go get a pretzel". DaeHyun clutches YoungJae's hand and he swiftly walks them out of the store


 

Sorry. I was going to have this up sooner, but I got sidetracked then busy.