Chapter 3

How Much Is That DaeHyunnie In The Window?

YoungJae followed her into a small hallway. The small hallway split into two sections, making another small hallway on the left and another small hallway on the right. She explained that the younger dogs' rooms held four beds while the adults' held two with the exception of some adults having their own rooms.

As they passed rooms she would brief YoungJae on the dog and then he would enter and say hello. He even got to meet the two Beagles that had been "grounded" from their shirt tearing incident. They not so surprisingly were bunk mates. As they were leaving the bickering duo, the worker just shook her head. "It's hard to believe they're nineteen. ChanYeol and BaekHyun can be a handful sometimes".

YoungJae nodded in understanding as he continued on his journey meeting the dogs. He had met most of the dogs there and most of them seemed nice enough, but he hadn't found a dog that he just clicked with. He nibbled his lip in worry. There were only two dogs left to meet. Still, YoungJae refused to give up yet. 

He followed the lady to the next door. She explained that the dog inside was named Krystal and she was a Chihuahua. She was also the only female dog hybrid that they currently housed. YoungJae agreed to meet her, but he only had a one bedroom apartment and knew it wasn't ideal for a single female, hybrid or not, to want to room with a male they barely knew. YoungJae wasn't comfortable with the idea either.

He still polietly greeted her and they talked for a few minutes. He explanied his living arangement with her so she wouldn't feel upset about immediately being checked off the list. Of course she understood and YoungJae felt relieved. She gave him a quick hug and wished him luck in finding the right hybrid. YoungJae thanked her with slightly pink cheeks.

He followed the worker back into the hall and she led him to the last door. She sighed and seemed a little hesitant with her next profile. "Alright, this is the room of our last dog hybrid. I'm only showing him to you because you seem like a genuinely nice person, YoungJae. The last few clients haven't even wanted to meet him and the client before them was rather mean. DaeHyun is our only dog hybrid with an unknown pedigree. He is by proper term a mongrel, but that just sounds offensive to me. I prefer saying unknown mixed breed. Either way, DaeHyun is a very sweet dog, but his behavior tends to be unpredictable at times. I doubt I have to remind you, but please don't treat him any differently than the other dogs". 

"I understand and I'm glad you trust me enough to meet him". She nods and opens the door. She tentavly steps inside and YoungJae follows closely behind. They are greeted by a lump under the covers. The only thing visable is a tuft of blond hair poking out. "Go away Jackson! I don't want to play with you"! YoungJae fails at stifling a giggle at the whiny yet angry voice.

A head pops out at the unfamiliar voice. And YoungJae giggles full on at the expression on the hybrids face as the dog sits up. "DaeHyun, this is YoungJae. He is here looking for a dog hybrid to take home. He......" The worker and YoungJae are startled as DaeHyun suddenly stands up. In the next second he leaps off the bed and tackles YoungJae to the ground. The worker gasps as they hit the ground. "You want to take me home"?!

YoungJae is rendered speechless as he lays with DaeHyun on top of him, his tail furiously wagging. He glances at the worker then back into the sparkling eyes of DaeHyun. He knows if he doesn't say yes that DaeHyun would be crushed. It would only add to his insecurities. DaeHyun subconsiously turned his head and perked his floppy ears while wating for a response. YoungJae bit his lip befor letting a smile cross his face. He nods and DaeHyun lets out a whimper while nuzzling into YoungJae's neck.

The worker smiles befor clearing . "Ok then. Let's go sigh some papers'.


 

 

B.A.P IS BACK! I'm so happy. I've missed DaeHyun so much. He's my ultimate bias if you can't already tell lol.