Chapter 1

How Much Is That DaeHyunnie In The Window?

YoungJae sighs as he plops down on his couch. He grabs the remote off the arm and turns the t.v. on to break the silence of his apartment. His feet hurt from waiting tables all day, but he doesn't complain since it pays his bills. He closes his eyes as he streaches across the cushions. He decides to take a quick nap before he starts dinner. He is almost asleep when a old, but familiar tune catches his attention.

"How much is that doggy in the window? The one with the waggily tail. How much is that doggy in the window? I do hope that doggy's for sale". YoungJae snapped his eyes open and directed his attention to the screen. A nostalgic feeling hits him as he remembers how his grandmother used to sing this song to him. He smiles as he watches the commercial. He thinks the song is very fitting as it's for a hybrid shelter that's downtown and they are promoting the adoptions of their puppy hybrids.

"Aww. Look at all the little tails and ears". Maybe I should get a hybrid. The apartment would definately feel less empty when I come home from work. I think about it for the next few days.

 

@@@@@@

YoungJae thought hard about getting a puppy hybrid. The more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea of adopting one. So when his day off rolled around, he found himself headed downtown to the shelter that he had seen the commercial for. He was a little bit nervous as he opened the door to the shelter, but once he entered and saw some hybrids hanging out in the lobby, his nervousness turned into excitment.

He smiled as he saw a cute little bunny hybrid being annoyed by a kitty hybrid. The kitty would  pull one of the bunny's floppy ears and the quickly run away. "ChangKyun, I swear to all that is god in this world, if you don't stop....." "KiHyunnie Hyung, I'll stop when you come play with us". The bunny sighed as he swung his little legs and hopped down from the counter he was seated on. "Fine, but you owe me a snack". 

YoungJae shook his head as he watched the bunny chase after the kitty. His attention was caught as he heard the voice of a cheeful lady. "Hello sir. Is there something I can help you with"? YoungJae nods his head in approval. "Yes there is. I saw your commercial a few days ago and I was wanting to adopt a puppy". 

The lady seemed pleased that the commercial had caught the attention of someone. "That's great to hear. You've definately come to the right place. Please follow me. I'll show you where we house the puppies".