Chapter 8: Oh My Cheesecake

Life As A Trainee

      "Come in!"

     I padded surreptitiously into the practice room, afraid that any wrong move may tick her off. I glance up at her and her sister through my lashes. She glared at me, her eyebrows furrowed. 

      "Hey, uhm I was just wondering how the project was going." Hye Rin didn't reply and just stared at me. A few awkward seconds passed.

      "Uhm, do you need any help-"

      "Urghhh! You're so... URGH!" Hye Rin snaps. Her anger was evident with the vein bulging from her temple. She stomped out without so much as an explanation.

     "I'm so sorry about my sister, Ah Reum." I spin around on my heels. I stare at her innocent hazel eyes, blinking slowly. "I'm sorry too. It's just that my own sister hates you. It's not easy telling her that I actually want to be friends with you," she explained, guilt etched deeply into her face with sunken cheeks and sallow complexion. I blink at her, taking in all that she had said. So... She doesn't hate me?

     Holding my hand in hers, she stared up at me through her lashes with innocent puppy eyes.

       "Look, Ah Reum. I'm so so sorry."

     "Oh...I forgive you. It's fine."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     "Hey, guys. Could a friend of mine join us for lunch?"

      "Sure, why not? The more the merrier!" Seokmin exclaims. I turn to Hye Ra only to see her turning away, blushing. Did she like Seokmin? Hmm... Being the nosy person I am, I decided that it was up to me to get them together.

      "Hye Ra, you can sit there," I say pointing at the empty seat next to Seokmin. Seokmin's head shoots up upon hearing her name. I roll my eyes. This is gonna be too easy. I sit in the seat next to Seungkwan, eyeing his food. 

      "Stop looking at my food like a pig, Pig!" 

       "Yah!" I didn't say that. "Don't call her that!" Hye Ra lectures Seungkwan.

      I smirk, watching a shocked Seungkwan and a furious Hye Ra. I didn't blame him. It was surprising how defensive she was getting seeing as we've only been friends for 5 days. Seungkwan sends a sheepish smile my way and lowers his head in shame. I giggle and offer Hye Ra a grateful smile. 

     "So how did you guys become friends?" Seungkwan asks, desperate to change the subject. He was being lectured and he didn't like it.

      "Well, it's not something I'm proud of but before we were friends, my sister and I -" I shove the cup nearest to me, hoping to create a diversion. 

      "I am so sorry!" I apologise, picking the cup up from the floor. I look at the white Nike's that was splashed with Coke from the cup and froze. 

      Oh my cheesecake. 

      I lift my head up slowly before meeting his gaze. I gulp. Oops. He stood up with a grunt, his eyes still on me. 

     "Oh my gosh! Your shirt is like soaking wet! I have a hoodie you could change into," Hye Ra trails after him, hopping around and fumbling with her bag to get her extra hoodie out. 

     "S-sorry..." I trail off, too stunned to even follow him with my eyes as he maundered out of the cafeteria grouchily. Instead, I slump back into my seat, clutching it and reran what happened. 

     He's gonna hate me.

      Even more, that is. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

     "Morning, Ah Reum," a sleepy voice greets me from behind. 

      I whip my head around. With the scent of slumber still enveloping her, she fumbled her way towards me, rubbing her eyes. My eyes sweep over her from top to bottom. She had messy bed hair, pyjamas on, comfy little bunny slippers and very tired looking eyes. She gave a lazy stretch and stifled a yawn. Min Ah sunbae-nim? Why are people suddenly becoming so nice? 

     "Good morning, Oh Min Ah sunbae-nim," I mutter, lowering my gaze. 

      "Sooo...I've been seeing you and Hye Ra hanging out alot lately..." She trails off, waiting for me to continue the conversation. Ahh that's why she's nice. 

     "Oh she apologised about all she's done and now we're really good friends," I explain, keeping it short and simple as I steal furtive glances at her movements. She was acting awfully suspicious. 

     "She's like the most popular girl in Pledis, isn't she?" She asks, obviously more interested in Hye Ra. 

     "Yeah," I nod.

      "I see... Must be nice, huh?" 

     I let out an awkward laugh, unsure of what to say. 

     "Wait for me, yeah? I'll get dressed then we could head to the building together." 

     Before I could reply, she had already stumbled her way into the bathroom. 

      She wants something.

 ---------------------------------------------------------- 

>>irah<< 

Hey, cuties;) I know it's been awhile since I updated but thanks for being patient ^^ SARANGHAEE:)