Chapter 16: 3 Clues and Girly Things

Life As A Trainee

      "This is really bad, Ah Reum," Woozi remarks bluntly as he flips through my notebook.

     "That's why I need your advice," I kick my feet, throwing a fit due to my frustration.

     I had always wanted to write a song and now that I've finally decided to write one, I don't know what to write about. Love? Success? Friends? Oh please, what friends. I only knew these people a few weeks ago.

     Woozi had shown me a couple of his sample songs last time and helped me write some lyrics. But I feel like I never really progressed. I realised that I didn't really want to use his lyrics since it was my first song and I wanted it to be completely mine. What can I say? I'm sentimental. But I do, however, really need his advice.

     "I don't know, what kinda advice?" he scratches the back of his head.

     "I don't know. Any advice from you would be plenty of help. Come on, just reach deep into that beautiful artistic mind of yours and search for an advice. Any advice that can enlighten me. Get my brain juices flowing," I beg, my hands clasped together and my eyes hopeful, as I lean closer and closer towards him.

     He shuts his eyes tightly as if thinking extremely hard. "Aha!" he finally opens his eyes and points his index finger to the ceiling, looking up dramatically. "I got it. But I'm only giving you advice because you complimented me."

     I slap his arm and brush it off, refusing to accept the fact that I had indeed, praised him. "Quick, tell me! What is it? What advice do you have for me?" I tug at the sleeve of his oversized sweater (my favourite piece of clothing on him),brushing the hair off of my face.

     "Gain some experience," he says before chucking the book at me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     "What was that? What experience? Aishh. I swear! Ugh! He acted all dramatic and wise. I should have known he was just gonna give me a stupid answer," I rant to myself as per usual as I head to my usual practice room. In case you didn't know, I talk to myself a lot. "'Gain some experience.'" I mock, my hands doing quotation marks in the air. "Tsk."

     "Gain some experience? What's that about?" Mingyu pops up from around the corner, his hands tucked snuggly in his pocket.

     Yikes! Embarrassing much. I begin to fumble with my phone in my hand. "It's the advice Woozi gave me when I asked him to help with my song," I explain.

     "I can help you with that," he teases, a smug smile materialising on his lips as he swings an arm over my shoulder.

     I disguise my nervousness in the form of a scoff, "What do you mean by that?"

     "You'll find out soon. But not now, though. I have dance classes," he pulls away, a dramatic sad expression replacing his previously wide smile, winks, then turns to leave.

     Hmmm. What is this? This feeling I feel in my stomach? My heart? The heat that is rushing to my cheeks?

     "Wait," I call out to him just as he leaves, effectively stopping him.

     I decide to satisfy my curiosity, "Why are you here? Nobody ever comes here and also, how soon exactly is 'soon'?"

     "There's a staircase round the corner that I frequent to write some lyrics," he replies. "And as for your second question ... I guess you'll have to stick around long enough to know."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
     I carry my piping bowls of hot noodles on my red food tray and head to the usual table. As I got closer, I notice Seokmin on the usual bench nearby. He looked like he'd lost some weight.

     Sat at the table was Hye Ra and Min Ah. I set my tray down and poke at Hye Ra's shoulder.

     "Hey, you should try talking to him. See if you can cheer him up a bit," I suggest.

     "Sure, why not? I'll try my best," she shrugs as she gets up and approaches Seokmin.

     "Sure, why not? That doesn't sound like she's interested in him in the slightest," I voice my thoughts, biting on my chopsticks.

     Min Ah takes a final slurp of my noodles. "So that's who she likes? Seokmin?" she says maybe a little too loudly.

     I slap her arm, effectively shutting her up. She looks at me sheepishly, soup dribbling down her chin. How did she ever seem ladylike before I was friends with her?

     "Well she didn't say it was him but the description doesn't fit anyone else. Let's see. She said he sings well, has dark hair and wears glasses. It has to be Seokmin. Who else could it be? But why does it seem like she isn't into him?" I ask Min Ah as I scratch my head in puzzlement.

     "Oh, my dear Ah Reum," she places a hand on my shoulder, "You really need to catch up on these girly things," she says dramatically, occasionally rolling her eyes as if what she said was supposed to obvious. "You see, Hye Ra's a girl, right? Come on stay with me," Min Ah snaps her fingers to get a reply from me. I nod hastily, urging her to continue. "And she likes Seokmin. She's probably playing hard to get? Or maybe she doesn't want us to find out so she's acting as if she doesn't like him," Min Ah suggests.

     Hmmm, I could have sworn it was Seokmin. I guess Min Ah's explanation does make sense and she knows more about these "girly things" than I do.

     "Hye Ra and Seokmin sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Min Ah bursts out in uncontrollable laughter, slapping my arm unconsciously.

      "Yah! Keep it down! These girls may overhear!" I warn her, referring to the crowd of girls, squeezing into the seats - that were obviously insufficient - on the table next to ours. "What's their deal anyway?" I ask, turning back to Min Ah.

     "Yah! Yah! He's here!"
      "Do I look okay?"
      "Is my hair weird?"
     "Is my makeup smudged?"

      The girls all stand up eagerly, adjusting their mini skirts and crop tops. Curious, I stand up on my tiptoes to catch a glimpse of the boy who had the ability to control these girls.

     My eyes sweep the walls of the cafeteria and finally land on a cheeky-but-hot smirk and gorgeous blonde hair that was swept to the side with the aid of a bucketful of hair gel.

      "Jun oppa! Come sit with us!"

---------------------------
Helloo, my wonderful people;)

Wow! You've grown so much since the last time I saw you! Yeah... it's been a while, hasn't it? Oh! Look at that! Did you lose some weight? Good job! Oh! You gained some weight! Wow! I'm proud of you! Eat up, my lovelies! !

I see that some of you guys really enjoy my book! Do make sure to vote and tell me your views on the story and, of course, share this story with your friends! !

》irah《