Chapter 4: Jet-Black, Emo Hair

Life As A Trainee

"Yah! Stop stealing my food!" I whine, pouting, as Seunggwan takes a fifth scoop of my rice.

     He merely smirks at me and chews the rice slowly as if to taunt me.

     "You don't need any extra weight anyways," he sneaks a sly grin, eyeing me from top to bottom.

     "What. Did. You. Say?" I ask slowly through clenched teeth, emphasising each word in an excruciating, aggressive tone.

     "It means you're fat. Gosh, take a hint," Seunggwan so politely explains. Sarcasm. That was sarcasm.

     "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I shout in fury. "YAH!" I yell again when he doesn't reply, swatting his shoulder and forcing an apology out of him.

     "OWOWOWOW! STOP!" he pleads.

     Of course, I don't.

     "Can't you two behave yourselves?" Joshua pitches in out of nowhere, always being the middle person in our childish quarrels.

     It was lunch and all fourteen of us were sitting together. Ever since I became friends with the guys, I could let my guard down a bit. The thirteen boys are very well-known amongst the other trainees. They're basically the darlings of Pledis Entertainment. Not that I'm complaining. No one dares to bully me when I'm around them. Even the two evil sisters don't bully me as often. They want to keep the bullying a secret and so do I.

     "Seunggwan, is this really how you should be treating a girl?" Jeonghan shakes his head in disappointment.

     "That," he points to me, "Is not a girl."

     "YAH! DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?!" I bark back.

     "Ring!" The bell rings, saving Seunggwan and signalling the start of the next period. I had individual practice so I decided to brush up on my dancing.

     "Wonwoo, could you go for dance practice with me?" I ask, slightly hopeful. I decided to ask him since he seems to have a problem with me and I wanted to clear any misunderstandings. Besides, he was the only one who was free.

     "No, I'm busy. I'm writing some rap lyrics," he murmurs in response, not facing me as he replies.

     "Oh, uhm well thanks anyway," I mutter, not at all surprised by his answer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     I head towards my usual practice room, furthest away from all the other trainees, my bag slung over my shoulder. As I put my hand on the door handle, a hand yanks at my shoulder causing me to fall onto my back. I shoot my head up in search of the familiar blonde and brunette duo only to find Wonwoo's jet-black,emo hair.

     "Why did you do that?" I ask, taken aback by his actions. I always knew Wonwoo had some kind of problem with me but this was the first time he ever laid a finger on me.

     "I wanted to use this room," he answers, his gaze everywhere but on me.

     "But no one other me uses this-" I point out before being cut off - yet again - by the sound of the door slamming.

     I brush it off and start heading towards my 'quiet hang-out' to work on my song instead. I didn't want to pick a fight with Wonwoo in fear of losing the other twelve boys - the only friends I have.

     I padded past the practice rooms surreptitiously, careful not to make a single sound.

     "Phew," I heave out a sigh of relief having gotten past the practice rooms. I walk on, glancing back over my shoulder every once in a while with a sinking feeling in the pits of my stomach.

     It's quiet, too quiet.

     Suddenly, I hear shuffling of feet.

     I jump around, my heart racing, only to find no one in sight. I take a few cautious steps backwards before hearing a whistle. I look up to the second floor and my eyes immediately fall on their dark beady eyes and the evil like shadow that goes with them.

     "Shoot," I mutter under my breath in a fearful tone.

     The blonde casts her gaze to me with a pointed stare, "I've been waiting for you." She admits as she glances at the bucket next to her, a sly smirk curving the edges of her lips.

     "Say 'night 'night, Ah Reum," her brunette minion taunts me as she prepares to tilt the bucket full of unknown contents.

     A look of dread crosses my dark eyes, "Wait-"

     I don't get a chance to react. In a matter of seconds, I was drenched in a coat of what smelt like pancake mix.

     They exploded in unbridled giggles, roguish smirks plastered across the unrepentant girls' faces before swaggering off arrogantly.

     I quivered in rage, my temper flaring as my breathing tempo increases. Wrath emitted from my sombre expression as the veins bulged from my temples. Trying to keep my temper down, I mutter a string of vulgarities under my breath to vent my frustration.

     "Why me?" I thought to myself, despair lingering in my watery eyes. A lone tear slipped from my eyes unguarded. It was the only sign of my fragility and desolation.

     I maundered on towards my hang-out, my spirits at an all-time low. The hang-out was really just a bench at the back of the building, that no one frequents. I my soaked bag and take out my water bottle, stifling my sobs. My lips trembled faintly, my throat constricting even as the reality of my deplorable sate sank in. Every breath became a challenge as I could only gasp in sorrow. I try to open the bottle of water but fail as my arms were very weak at that point.

     "I'm so pathetic," I thought to myself as I plummet into the depths of despair, cupping my face in my hands to hide the woebegone expression that had invaded my features.

     I turn to the bottle to try opening it again only to find it already opened. I spin around and darted my eyes around the area. Yet, the only thing I saw was a head of unkempt jet-black, emo hair turning the corner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>irah<<
Hey, you cutie;)
Yeah it's been pretty long since the last update hehehe... I'm still not very good at this whole fanfic thing but I hope you guys will enjoy it:) If you read up 'till here, you're KEWL:p