Chapter 10: Dumb,dumb~

Life As A Trainee

"Ah Reum-ah!"

     "Yeah?"

     "You have that performance today, don't you?" Min Ah sunbae-nim asks, sipping her cup of coffee.

      "Yeap, it's around 7," I reply casually although I was really nervous whenever she talked to me.

      "Aahh, I see. Good luck! Unnie will come support you, okay?" she beamed at me, her pearly whites glistening.

       "U-unnie?" I look up at her, to say I was surprised would be the understatement of the century.

      "Yeap," she we winked at me. "Annyeong!" she waved before disappearing out the door.

     Someone's in a good mood today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

     "Yah! Give it back!"

     I turn around at the familiar voice.

     "Then catch me!"

     I smirk at the scene that was playing out before my eyes. Seokmin and Hye Ra were fooling around with each other. Only this time, Hye Ra started it.

     Seokmin was seated on a bench just a while ago, a sombre expression on his face.

     Until Hye Ra came along, that is.

      I couldn't help grinning as I watched Seokmin grab at Hye Ra's arms, trying to get his notebook back.

     "Yah, what are you so happy about?"

      I spin my head around at the sound of his voice.

      "Look," I answer simply, pointing at the beaming Seokmin and Hye Ra.

      "Aahh. They're cute aren't they?"

       I nod. I couldn't agree more.

        "I wish I could have a relationship with a girl like that," Mingyu remarks, catching me off guard.

      I stare at him, my cheeks growing redder and redder. My mouth opens but nothing comes out.

     "Oh? You had lunch without me?" he asks as if nothing happened.

     "Yeah," I manage to force out. "Wait. How'd you know?" I ask this time, growing curious.

     He didn't reply. He simply raised his hand up to my cheek and picked a grain of rice off with a smug look plastered across his face.

      I narrow my eyes at him, shooting him a glare. Before I was able to shriek at him, a fist rammed the table, making me wince.

       "Ah Reum."

       My head shot up.

       "Uhh d-don't forget the lighter for the candles later on," Wonwoo reminds me. Something was off about him. He hesitated a bit. He seemed...shy almost.

        "Oh o-okay."

        He gave me an awkward nod, scratched his neck, then turned to leave.

       "What was that?" I whispered to Mingyu.

       When suddenly, he turned his back.

      . Did he hear me?

      I cover my face with my hair, my cheeks glowing scarlet red.

      "Don't you have that performance in a few hours?"

     Right.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*   
      I mince my steps gingerly under her intense gaze. A single wrong move could cause her to -

      "Yah! Not like that!"

       I wince at her sudden outburst.

      "Are you that scared of me?" Hye Rin asks.

     I look at her but don't say a word. I mean what was I meant to say?

     She mumbled something under her breath before saying to me, "I'll dance then you follow."

      "Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb~"

      Immediately, a soft smile materialised on her face as she started to shake her hips from side to side along with the beat. I couldn't help but ogle at her. She may be rude and an overall horrible person, but no one can deny that she was an absolute beauty. She has golden blonde hair, a slim waist, a tiny face and a dimple on her left cheek.

       Not only did she have amazing visuals, she was an amazing dancer. All the dance moves I struggled with, she did with ease. She always seems so happy dancing that she executes the positive vibes to her audience. I can confidently say that she'll be in charge of dance in her group.
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     "Well then, whenever you're ready."

     "Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb~"

      "WOO! AH REUM-AH YIPPEUDA!"

     I look at the back of the room where Min Ah was flailing her arms around, ecstasy evident in her loud squeals.

      "Wah! Ah Reum, you dance so well!"

     I smile even wider at the jumping figure next to Min Ah throwing random compliments and words of encouragement at me.

     I can't believe she didn't compliment her own sister once.

     Despite the lack of moral support from the crowd, Hye Rin did very well. She maintained the smile on her face and was extra charismatic at some points. She even kept good eye contact with the audience despite the weird looks she was getting.

      Even though it was pretty last minute, we did a fairly good job and we definitely made a few mistakes here and there but we had fun and that's all that matters.

     Right?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     "Can anyone tell me the good points of their performance?"

     I turn my head and see Wonwoo outside.

      Shoot. What time is it? 6:55. Oh my cheesecake.

       Wonwoo mouths the words, "Get out here! Quick!"

     "Uhm, Lee sunsaeng-nim, may I leave early?"

     "I'm about to wrap up. Just a few more minutes. Now where was I?" he continued blabbering on and spluttering saliva in every direction.

    "No, I really-"

     "Just 2 more minutes."

     "I'm sorry, I really have to-"

     Before I knew it, Wonwoo burst into the room, grabbed my hand and yanked me out the door.

     Oh my cheesecake.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey cuties,

I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A LONG LONG TIME AND IM SO SO SORRY. I HAD MID YEARS THE PAST WEEK. I WILL HAVE THE NEXT CHAPTER UPDATED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

P/S: If you're having exams too, hwaiting and good luck! Make sure to get enough rest and eat well!

>>Irah<<