Chapter 1: Cotton Candy

Life As A Trainee

     "Eww what a loser."

     "Does she even have money to buy food?"

     I keep on walking, tuning out everyone else. Everyone else being the other trainees. I quickly buy myself some food and take a seat at the far end of the cafeteria, hoping to avoid the other trainees. But of course this doesn't work.

     2 girls approach my table with smirks on their faces as they glare at me, shooting holes through my head. I avert my eyes away from theirs, avoiding eye contact.

     "Yah, Baek Areum," says Min Hye Rin, the blonde, with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

     "Is this what poor people wear?" asks the other girl, her sister,Min Hye Ra, with brown hair.

     I pick up my bowl before getting up to find another table. But before I could leave, I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me to a halt effectively, stopping me from going any further. I shrug the hand off and try to walk off again but she pulls me back again, snatching the bowl out of my hands and pouring the soup all over me.

     "There, made your clothes a thousand times better," snorts Hye Rin in a high pitched nasally voice.

     "I agree. Areum you're rocking this look," adds Hye Ra sarcastically as she shoots me a smirk.

     "Stop. Please," I whisper softly, my voice laced with desperation.

     "Sorry, what was that?" asks Hye Rin mockingly as she leans in towards me and cups her ear, closing all distance between us. I stand dead still, afraid to even breathe or move at her sudden closeness.

     "Huh? What is it?" she asks again when I don't reply. She smirks down at me, her brown eyes glistening with evil intent.

     "Please stop," I manage to force out.

     "And if we don't want to?" the brunette speaks up.

     "Please," I say as I bite back my tears and quickly walk away from them as a single tear rolls down my cheek. I hated being seen as vulnerable but I just couldn't help it.

      Yeah, I'm pretty used to these kind of things happening but that doesn't mean I've come to accept it. So what if I'm not as rich and wealthy as the rest of them? I'm human too and deserve respect just like everyone else. But instead, I get bullied and teased everyday. I can't take it anymore. And I know what you're thinking.

     Why don't you just quit? Believe me, I've had that thought thousands of times already and yet I come to the same conclusion time and time again. You see, I have my mom and younger sister to support. They live in Busan, about 4 hours away from dorm. My mom works at a fish market and this obviously isn't enough to support the whole family. So I work as a part time waiter at a restaurant as well while I train to debut as an artist at Pledis Entertainment. This results in me having to jumble school, work and training all at the same time. Despite this, I am a pretty good student, almost always getting top in class. And before you ask, yes, it's the same at school too. Everyone ignores me because of my poor family background.

     It's only been a week since I became a trainee but I already know that life as a trainee isn't a bed of roses. To say its stressful and tiring would be the understatement of the century. Monday is my schooling day, I have 2-3 hours of tutoring from Tuesdays to Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays are my vigorous training days. In contrast to the trainees, the trainers are very kind and understanding and do anything and everything in their power to help the trainees improve.

     I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts as I continued with my busy schedule after changing out of my wet clothes and into the new clothes I had brought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     It was after training hours and I was about to head home when a voice halts me in place.

     "Hey, I heard you singing in the studio earlier," says a silky smooth voice from behind me.

     I turn around slowly only to come into contact with gorgeous brown eyes. His cotton candy coloured hair falls over his eyes and my heart races at just the sight of him. He was adorable!

     "H-Hi," I stutter, taken aback by the fact that someone was actually being nice to me. I smile shyly as I avert my eyes away from his intense gaze.

     He chuckles, "Hi."

     "Hi," I repeat like an idiot and mentally face palm myself. I just wasn't used to friendly conversation.

     He shakes his head with a cute grin, "I'm Jihoon. And you are?" He asks gently.

     "Oh uhm...I uhh... I'm Areum. Baek Areum," I answer nervously.

     "You have a lovely voice. You're very talented," he compliments me, leaving me blushing.

     "Oh," I say stupidly. "I mean, uhm uhh... thank you."

     "Maybe we could practice together sometime?" he suggests, his grin still intact.

     "Y-yeah sure," I smile brightly.

     "See you around, Baek Areum," he says as he takes slow cautious steps back before saluting me and then finally turns around and retreats.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

     I stare at the closed door of the dorm for a second or two longer before turning the knob. I could only hope for her to be in a good mood.

     When I enter the dorm, I meet her gaze but she merely glares at me before walking past without so much as a 'hello'.

     As you know, all the trainees - other than Jihoon, who I had just met earlier- hate me. Well, my roommate, Oh Min Ah, is no exception.

     "H-hi Min Ah sunbae-nim," I mutter, her back facing me.

     "Mhmm," she nods, brushing my presence off completely. She must have been in a good mood seeing as she didn't provoke me today.

     Min Ah sunbae has been a trainee for 2 years now and wasn't very happy when she found out I was her new roommate.

      I clean up after her everyday yet everyday the house remains a mess. She just screws up my hard work after I put my back into making the dorm spotless. Its as if she enjoys watching me suffer, which she probably does.

     I shuffle to the shelf to get my usual dinner, cup noodles. I quickly made some and went into my room. I sat down on my bed with my cup noodles and phone as I listened to music through my earpieces, not wanting to bother Min Ah. Suddenly my phone rang, my mother's name flashing on the screen.

     "Hey, Mom," I say sweetly.

     "Hey, Areum," she replies just as sweetly. "Have you eaten?"

     "Yeah, I'm having dinner now," I answer.

     "Eat proper meals okay? You aren't just eating cup noodles, are you?" she asks.

     "No of course not," I lie swiftly. "How are you and Yoo Ra?" I ask, quickly changing the subject.

     "We're fine," she brushes me off. "Don't worry about us. Work hard okay? Hwaiting, Areum-ah. Mom will always support you," she adds before hanging up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>irah<<

Hey, you cutie;)
So this is the first fanfic I'm writing and I'm not really good so bear with me, yeah?

Don't worry this will be a romance fanfic but I didn't want to rush things and slowly introduce the characters and stuff.

Also the OC doesn't fall for Woozi in case some of you were thinking that.

The characters (other than SEVENTEEN ofc) are just fictional.

Also, I know how bad my cover looks AHAHAAHAH sorry. But don't judge a book by its cover, right? Heheheheheh...

I also posted this story on Wattpad so do vote for me and all that good stuff, yeah?

Thank you for reading;)

P/S: I have a SEVENTEEN fan account on Instagram called @sm17e5lyfe. So do check it out HAHAH SELF-ADVERTISING. If you had always been a follower, YOU ARE A CHAMPION OKAY. BYEEEE