CONCERT Chap.8

CONCERT ( Chap 15 updated)

Chapter 8:

Part 9: The Reason (Going to the past . . the reason he stayed behind)


He was on his way home coming from a dinner with one of his group mates, when he received a phone call.

His little brother was kidnapped! ! !

He was shocked. He didn't know what to do.

He didn't know who to call for help, his brain was going blank.

"OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !" He was saying out loud. Both of his hands was covering his mouth.

He was told not to tell anyone or say anything. Or else something might happen to his brother.

He couldn't decide what to do, because his little brother's life was on the line, he has to be really careful in his decisions and actions.

He started thinking things over his head.

"What to do. What to do.", He keeped repeating to himself. Tears started falling from his eyes. His worried for his little brother. They were gangsters and they might do something to him. "I've heard of them, they are like the triad or the mafia. They really are bad and not to be crossed.", He was saying to himself. Analyzing his situation.

He was told, that he himself was a target, and that his group mates were targets, too. The guy was laughing and said it was easier to get through to him by using his little brother. And the guy kept laughing through the phone call. The guy was taunting him.

He was told to prepare a huge amount of money for ransom. He has to come himself to bring the money, and no one else or something might happen to his little brother.

He was being blackmailed and his little brother was the pawn. They were just using him to get to me or to my group mates. Money was not what they really were after. They want something from me or my group mates. We have become famous. He was analyzing the situation at hand.

"I can't tell my group mates about this. But I have to tell someone," he decided. He suddenly remembered his old friend, who works for the government, who was now an officer. "Maybe he could help me." Thinking out loud.

He went home. He looked for his friend's phone number and called him. He asked, if he could see him right away. That it is important. His friend agreed, and they set to meet in a place.

Without telling anyone where he is going, he went to meet his friend.

 

Part 10: The Reason 2


Everything was a blur, everything was happening so fast.

I met up with my friend, and told him my situation.

And from there, he took over. And told me what to do. And what could happen with the situation I was in, and what my brother was in. He knew about the gangster, and that they mean business. They don't fool around.

He asked me if I'm ready for anything. That it won't be easy. That we were dealing with professionals.

I said to him, that I was willing to stake my life for my brother. He's my little brother.

He told me to prepare the money, just in case we needed it. And that task took some time, it was not easy to put up that huge amount of money, in so little time. I called in my stocks, investments and bonds. They were all surprised by my actions, but I didn't give any reason to them, just that I suddenly needed the money, right away.

And the morning started in a blur.

Everything was in a frenzy.

There were so many things that must be done.

And I was in the middle of everything.

I have to be on my toes at all time.