Trio, Reunited

Hello, Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun hadn't seen the ghost for a week and it made her feel calmer than usual. She was disappointed in herself for being unable to help him, but she knew it wasn't really her business. Without the ghost so-called Jungkook around, Jieun could focus on her schoolwork. It was her last year of high school; she didn't want to mess it up.


Every time she left her house, Hyunwoo would always be waiting outside for her. Jieun's mother didn't seem like she remembered him, but she often smiled at the tall, handsome boy as if she did. She saw her daughter out the door and waved goodbye.

"Do you plan on waiting for me everyday?" Jieun pushed up her glasses and walked down her neighborhood without looking at Hyunwoo. She didn't hate his company, it's just that she found herself awkward with a guy she barely knew.

"Well, yeah!" Hyunwoo said enthusiastically. "Until you remember me, that is. I'll still walk with you even when you do remember me. Anyways, here!! I finally brought it," the tall student rummaged around his bag and took out a photo.

"This was before you guys stopped texting me two years ago. Well, here's a photo of us in 5th grade before I moved."

Hyunwoo handed her the photo and Jieun  gazed at it. She didn’t recognize anyone at all; she wondered why she was surrounded by male strangers. Jieun, who was smiling nervously, was in between two cute, small boys: one had braces and glasses, who smiled with pride while another boy on her right side smiled with his eyes scrunched up. Her glasses seemed to be crooked due to the two boys squishing their cheeks with Jieun's. Other than that, everyone seemed pretty happy as they threw their peace signs in the air.

"These boys look cute, but they don't look like you. Which of the boys grew into this weird guy right here?" Jieun questioned Hyunwoo, as she looked up at him and flashed a sly grin.

When he looked down at her, he never noticed how short she was; it was kind of cute to Hyunwoo. They way she looked up with that sly grin, it made his heart beat faster. He didn't know she would become this cute after two years but he knew it was the same Jieun as before.

"The unfortunate kid was the one with braces and glasses. But look at him now," Hyunwoo grinned and pushed off his side bang towards the left side of his temple, "So handsome."

"Pft!!" Jieun raised her eyebrow at him and started laughing. "Yeah, sure, whatever you say."

Hyunwoo loved her laugh; it was extremely cute. He wished he'd actually see her laugh since she always covered it with her hand. He couldn’t contain it anymore, he wanted to put his arms around her. Before he could so, his arms stopped midway and immediately put his arms down when someone had interrupted him.

"Jieunnie!!"

Jieun immediately stopped in her tracks. She knew that voice and turned to see a familiar man running towards the two students. He had stopped to catch his breath and before he spoke, he fixed his cap so his face could be visible.

"Ah, Hoseok oppa! Did I leave something?"

"Erm nope! Please give this to Yoongi so he could give it to Namjoon. It's my newest sample." Hoseok handed Jieun a usb and a couple of bills. "Buy some ice cream when you get home, too!" His smile was so radiating that Hyunwoo wanted to wear shades.

He continued to stare at Hoseok the whole time. He thought that the man was really handsome, especially with such an amazing smile. He looks really good with that cap on, it fits him. Is this Jieun's boyfriend..

"Are you dating my cousin?" Hoseok interrupted Hyunwoo's thoughts.

"Y-yes-"

"No!" Jieun quickly glared at him.

"Ahh.. okay!" Hoseok smiled and shuffled Jieun's hair. "Listen to my music when they're released, okay guys? It’s pretty good this time!”

He examined Hyunwoo for awhile and thought of something. Hyunwoo looked back at him in confusion and nervously smiled. Hoseok then turned around and left, leaving the two students alone once more with a wave of a hand. Jieun and Hyunwoo proceeded to walk down the neighborhood again to school while talking about their childhood together, with Jieun still being confused about everything.

"Do you intend to keep following her? You haven’t showed up for awhile.”

Jungkook stayed behind and watched the two disappear from his sight. "I’ve been looking for clues to bring myself back! Stop nagging me.”

 

The man covered in a dark cloak spoke, now walking towards his brother’s side. “You’ve been doing this for two years. What do you mean ‘you’re still looking for clues?’”

 

“Well I’ve found someone important. He’s probably connected to my death.”

 

“And? His name is..?”

 

“There’s two. Namjoon and Hosoek. Those two men must know about something.”

 

“Hm.. feels like I know them.. but I probably don’t. Anyways,” Jimin smirked and happily swung his scythe around as if he was tossing a flag. “Looks like I have some mess to clean up now. Finally, some fun!”


 



"Good evening, Auntie."

A tall, handsome man entered the room, taking off his peach-colored baseball cap. His bangs moved swiftly towards the side of his temple as he flashed his white teeth to his auntie.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter