Better Together

Hello, Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun gasped, "You knew he was here the whole time?!? Why didn't you say anything?!?"

"I knew you could see me," Jungkook said quietly. "You knew it was always hard for me to get to places. I couldn't simply go through buildings although my body is transparent. When it came to entering places, someone would have to physically open the door so I could go through. I think Yoongi knew this because he always opened the door for awhile just so I could enter through."

"Then how did you get into my room?" Jieun blurted with a confused look on her face. "Did Taehyung somehow open the door?"

"Yeah, he did. He went to pick up his laptop here so I decided to come inside too. So, why didn't you tell us earlier about this?"

Yoongi leaned back and supported his body by stretching out his arms behind him. "I figured out it wasn't the right time. Besides,"

Jieun and Jungkook looked a bit angry as they leaned closer to the blonde haired boy. Yoongi scrunched up his face and looked away.

"A guy needs his space."

The two suddenly backed away and Yoongi continued to speak, "I simply didn't want to say anything yet. So for these two years, I've been searching a way to help you. If I said something to you right away, Jieun probably wouldn't want to talk to me. She'll think I'm crazy and leave me alone. I don't want that. Additionally, a little hurdle came my way. They've been bugging me for quite awhile."

"I would never think of you that way!" Jieun placed her hand at her chest, "I'll just call you weird! But you know I'll never leave my best friend."

Yoongi flashed his infamous gummy smile and tilted his head back. He softly chuckled and said, "You're still the same. Just erased memories."

Jieun had a confused expression shown on her face and asked, "What'd you say? I couldn't hear."

"Nothing," Yoongi replied quickly. "Anyways, here's the plan."

Jieun and Jungkook had their eyes wide opened as they sat quietly, waiting for the blonde teenager's plan. Jieun fumbled with her fingers nervously while Jungkook rocked back and forth.

"So," he cleared his throat and spoke, "I know this is crazy but I've been watching and reading tons of dramas and books about ghosts-"

Jieun burst into laughter and interrupted, "That's research?!? Watching dramas?!?"

"Excuse me, I've been watching with Taehyung and we got some good ideas," Yoongi retorted back.

"Why," Jieun continued laughing, "Did you watch 49 Days?"

"Actually, yes."

Jieun continued laughing and Jungkook choked, making a weird noise.

"Dramas! That's research all right! You just probably watched because Taehyung likes dramas. I'm-"

"OKAY, ANYWAYS!! I've read some books too!! It was about how the soul or spirit can be detached from the owner's physical body. There are several answers why you can't return to your own body, Jungkook."

Jungkook and Jieun calmed down after laughing and the ghost looked down. He took a deep breath, opened his hands and stared at his palm, "There's something stopping me from returning to my own body. I remember everything that happened except for the event that turned me into this."

"Hm. So you don't know the accident, huh."

"What accident," Jieun and Jungkook said immediately.

"I'll tell you later. You'll probably find out later in some way. Anyways," Yoongi no longer arched his back for now, he was sitting up-straight with his arms crossed. "If you're confident, you can use us. Us, as in our bodies. Our own physical bodies.”

 

Jungkook nodded and Yoongi continued talking, “When you use our bodies, our spirit or I guess, soul, will be asleep. Basically, you're taking over us."

Jieun stayed silent as she stared at Yoongi. She had a hard time accepting the fact that everything was so surreal. Taking over our bodies? Is soul possession really real? She peered over at Jungkook to see his eyes widened; he looked quite interested in the topic.

"R-really? That means I can physically touch things, right? That's cool, it's awesome- I'll feel alive!" Jungkook said excitedly, but became quiet after. "But it won't be my body. It really won’t be my own body.. Err anyways! There won’t be any weird side effects after using somebody's body? I can just use their body and that's it?"

"There are few conditions," Yoongi held up a finger. "One! You must be calm before entering someone's body. You can't be irritated and enter a body. Same goes for leaving a body; if you feel all panicky, then you can't leave the body until you're calm. To summarize it, you can't focus pouring your soul into a host if you aren't calm. Second!" He held up two fingers, "That someone must be asleep. So if I'm napping, go ahead and use my body. Because my soul is awake right now, it's impo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter