Fateful Meetings

Hello, Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10. Unhideable Anxiety

Jungkook couldn't shake the thought of Hyunwoo knowing he was using Jieun's body as a host. Countless questions swirled in his head: Why did he even look through Jieun's phone? Did he find that accidentally or was it his aim to find that? What's Hyunwoo's real purpose?

As Jieun walked towards Jungkook's apartment, he decided to call Yoongi.

Tap, tap."Yoongi, c'mon, answer.."

Yoongi picked up the call and said nonchalantly, "What happened to you, Jungkook?"

Jieun let out a sigh of relief but suddenly spoke desperately, "What do you know about Hyunwoo? How does he know about me using Jieun's body? How is he seen as a threat? But most importantly, what does he plan to do now that he knows I'm here?"

"Ah," Yoongi said quietly. He stayed silent for few seconds and continued, "I knew he was a sneaky guy. I knew good-looking guys were always up to something."

"Y-Yoongi!! Besides that, okay?!" Jieun complained.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Hyunwoo, that guy, I don't know what he's planning. But I do have a bad feeling about him. I don't know. What did he say to you?"

Jieun sighed once more and had a worried expression on her face. "He said something will happen to Jieun. Because I'm a ghost, I'm not supposed to be alive. With a living being like Hyunwoo knowing I'm in someone's body, he said something will happen to her. I don't know why or how. Is it bad to know that I’m using her body? You said there weren’t any harmful effects for Jieun!! Something will happen right?!"

"Hyunwoo... that guy..." Jieun could hear Yoongi mutter from the other end. "I'm sorry, I've never heard about this before.. I-- Jieun will be safe. I know it. I'll go ahead and research more about this soul thing and maybe more about Hyunwoo. I'll talk to you later."

By the time Yoongi had hung up, Jungkook had realized he had reached his apartment complex. There was no use getting worried over Hyunwoo so he shook the thought of him away and kept his only goal in mind.


Jieun then scanned the area to make sure Jieun wasn't followed by Jungkook's father's men; it’d be troublesome if she was trapped inside with nobody to save her. She then tipped her hat to cover her face and fixed herself before entering the building. As Jieun walked, she let her shoulder bag fall in front of her body and held it.

She entered the lobby and walked towards the elevator. Jieun then pressed the number 5 button and waited until she arrived on the next floor.

She exited, turned left and looked for the apartment number 523. The area was a bit too quiet, for she could hear her own steps click loudly against the floor when her shoes barely made any noise. When Jieun stood in front of Jungkook’s door, she noticed that the keypad looked clean. Shouldn't the keypad be dirty? Nobody has been here for atleast two years. She shrugged it off and tapped the following numbers on the pad, "0516." The door unlocked, and Jieun entered the empty home.

She scanned the quiet place: everything was nicely kept. There were no signs of anything messy despite the woman saying she had seen men rummage through the home. Jieun sat down on the couch breathed, "Everything's here. Nothing has moved."

Jieun blinked several times and found it hard to believe he was gone. It was too surreal. Here he is, in Jieun's body, still somewhat alive, in his very home. Jieun's heart started to ache; oh how Jungkook longed to come back in his physical body to meet everybody once more.

She got up and entered Jungkook's room: it was left the way it was two years ago ,too. Nothing had moved nor changed, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter