Soul ers

Hello, Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(1) A/N: I'll be transitioning from Yoongi to Jungkook to Jungkook to Yoongi because when Jungkook is thinking, he is Jungkook; when Jungkook is doing something, like talking to people or doing some sort of action, he is Yoongi (because it is Yoongi's body that is doing the action, ya get it? lol eeps) Just wanted to let you guys know if it ever becomes confusing :-)

 


Yoongi looked around Jieun's room with empty eyes. He slowly moved his head, his body, followed by his feet. He sat upright and wiggled his toes, then looked back at his palms. Jieun titled her head in confusion as she watched the boy make weird movements. She then knew the boy in front of her was no longer Yoongi.

Jieun covered in shock and slowly mouthed, "Jungkook..?"

Yoongi turned his head and stared at Jieun. He widened his eyes when he realized it and went closer to Jieun, grabbing her hands.

"I-I'm in Yoongi's body!! I can touch you!! I.. I'm warm.. right?!?"

"Y-yeah... Jungkook...?"

"Yes!! I'm still Jungkook !! Just in Yoongi's body..."

Jieun was quite amazed to see Yoongi smile or to see him excited, he rarely showed those emotions. With Jungkook in his body, he smiled and laughed more frequently. Jieun often forgot that it was Jungkook in Yoongi's body; whenever he spoke, it was in Yoongi's voice, and whenever he showed any type of emotion, it was Yoongi's facial expression, none of Jungkook's.

"So," Jieun said slowly, still trying to accept the fact that the ghost had successfully entered Yoongi's body. "What are you going to do for the next 8 hours?"

"Open doors! Talk to people!" Yoongi happily exclaimed. "I just wanna enjoy living for awhile."

"Hm." Jieun nodded, "Well you have 8 hours to use his body so I guess you should spend it wisely. You should also find some clues while you're at it."

"Yeah," Yoongi stood up and stretched his body. "There's some places I need go to first. So I'll see you later, then?"

Jieun nodded and stopped. "Wait!"

Yoongi was already near the door and he stopped in his tracks. He turned to see Jieun walk hurriedly towards him.

"You have Yoongi's phone! So if you need anything, just call me. Oh, and make sure you set the timer to about 7 hours, not 8, because you'll need time to get back here and leave his body. Can you give me Yoongi's phone?"

He looked down at Jieun the whole time she talked. In Jungkook's vision, she was an adorable 19 year old who often pushed up her glasses with her small fingers. He found her amazingly cute and the way she talked with a worried tone made him smile. Jungkook wished he was in his own body so he could hug her tightly- using Yoongi’s body wouldn’t be special.

"Jungkook?? Are you listening to me? Yoongi's phone is in the pocket but it'll be awkward if I took it out."

"Ah." Yoongi was gazing at Jieun without thinking. He shook his head, took the phone out and handed it to her.

"So," Jieun was now besides Yoongi and she continued to speak, "His pin number is-"

"0111. It's his mom's birthday," Yoongi interrupted Jieun with a smirk. Her eyes widened and stared at the boy in front of her. "What's next? There's a second part to this new phone, right? Haven't seen this model before."

"It's actually kinda old, Mr. Know-It-All," Jieun said as she lifted an eyebrow. "Anyways, for the next part, you have to do something like connect the dots for an image. It's this one right here..."

The girl pushed her glasses up once more and showed the phone code to Jungkook. He bent down to be on the same height level as Jieun and watched as she swiped to create a line on the first row of dots on the phone. She then connected the dots, making a vertical line from the middle, forming a 'T.' Afterwards, she made a small hook on the left side of the screen; now forming a 'J.'

The phone unlocked and Jieun looked up at Yoongi with a wide grin on her face. "Cute, right? J for Jieun. Heh.."

Nah, it stands for both Jieun AND Jungkook. Psh, I already knew. Look at her grinning like an adorable idiot. "Yes, sure, very cute of Yoongi."

"Yup! My best friend is cute, heh!" Jieun smiled again as she rocked her body back and forth on the heels of her feet. "You should go now. Be careful! Go go go," she pushed Yoongi out her bedroom door, down her stairs, then out the front door. Hoseok and Taehyung looked up from the couch in the living room and were surprised to see the once emotionless boy laughing as he was being pushed around. Before Jieun brought him outside, she said, "Put the alarm on the phone on! I'll be calling you!!"

Jieun constantly waved at him until Yoongi's body was no longer visible as he walked towards his destination. The bespectacled girl sighed, went back to her room and laid flat on her bed.

"I can finally nap! Whew..." She laid for awhile, staring at the ceiling, still trying to process everything that happened earlier. Everything was real: a ghost roaming around with Yoongi and Jieun imprinted in Jungkook’s memory. A lost ghost entering one’s body. A ghost remembering everything except the event in which he had died, or almost died in. A ghost who could touch, but necessarily feel. Everything was just so bizarre.

 

One thought was burned onto her mind: Yoongi knew something, or maybe everything. Jieun couldn't shake that off but she didn't want to doubt her best friend. She knew he was keeping something a secret but how would she tell him? As she continued to think, Jieun slowly dazed off within few minutes and a little later, Taehyung went inside her room to ask her a question only to find her snoring peacefully.

-

The first thing Jungkook wanted to do was stop by the convenience store. He longed to see himself through the glass window again. When he expected to see his body, he saw Yoongi's. He touched his blonde hair, the blonde bangs that covered half of his eyes. He squinted to see a thin and milky colored body. Not mine.

Yoongi voiced out, "Ahh. Ahh." Not my voice.

He touched his soft, pale skin. He patted his shiny cheeks and rolled up his thin sweater to touch his arms. Not my skin.

"But I'm Jungkook," he determinedly said. "Just in Yoongi's body. I am Jungkook. I have a mind of my own. I am Jungkook! Just in a different physically body!" He closed his eyes and patted his cheeks several times with his palms. Yoongi jumped up and down several times and even tried to do some round kicks. Yoongi is so stiff. Well, all he does is sleep all day anyways.

Several girls glanced at blonde boy, who continued to jump and kick. They whispered to each other as they passed by but Yoongi shrugged in confusion and left.

And before he knew it, two hours had passed, leaving five hours for Jungkook to do whatever he had to do. The extra hour left was for him to practice if he could leave Yoongi's body successfully.

The next place he wanted to go to was his old apartment. He wanted to make sure his belongings were still there; he remembered hiding something important from one of his brothers but couldn’t quite remember what it was. As he started walking towards his home, he felt like someone was following him.

Yoongi turned around to see nobody suspicious: just regular people walking around the neighborhood. It was during the weekday, so there was usually a small crowd; maybe the person could easily hide within everyone. Yoongi began to sweat nervously and continued to walk once more.

The whole apartment complex Jungkook had once lived in was luxurious; the area was also nearby cafès, supermarkets and shopping markets so it was very convenient for the residen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter