Chapter 8 - A Kiss?

Sound Check

(Hello guys ^^ I delayed my update way too much again ;; I'm really sorry about that, stuff got busy sometimes, but then, here it is, Chapter 8~ ^^ I hope you like it, and just to tell, there was more Woosoo here due to their date, but the Wooya date will happen next chapter so yeah :D (Woohyun and Mingyu moments too probably XD) For now I'm balancing it~ Thank you very much for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and supporting! ^^ I'll work hard and do well on the next update, hwaiting ~ ^^

(I also have polls for you guys to answer below after the end of this chapter, so yup XD First one is who you ship the most in this fanfic, then the rest.. you will know XD Thank you~)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, morning…

 

Woohyun was feeling better after last night, and Mingyu’s comforting and their dinner interaction cheered him up for the better, although it was still a tough aftermath for him that someone would threaten him. If that USB got broken, he and Myungsoo wouldn’t have been able to submit the compositions to the CEO and the fellow company, and most likely he would have been removed from his position and work.

 

Mingyu was more skinship-py than usual, in terms of how Woohyun looked at it. They had quite a long talk on the way to the HyunStar building, and pretty much going there together would be their daily schedule. There was arm-around-waist or arm-around shoulders happening. Woohyun was aware of that and of course of how “affectionate” Mingyu was. Mingyu seems to be a nice person as he thought. Mingyu was more genuine with his actions starting yesterday, and he was happy about it, but of course, he was rather thinking if the guy is crushing on him, but he felt like he would be over-assuming things, and besides, he was already having a tough time choosing between Myungsoo and Hoya. He is still loyal and he still liked the other two (MyungYa) the best.

 

The classes were done as they were with Sunggyu and Woohyun leading their discussions, and for some reason, Sujin wasn’t around this time, and Woohyun was kind of nervous about that. He felt like Myungsoo would know the incident, considering that stuff like those would be reported to the head/CEO immediately. Anyways, he’s going to be working with him after lunch.

 

After class…

 

Sunggyu approached Woohyun in his desk with a frown. “Sujin… One of the students. She did something bad to you… Are you alright? You were a bit less energetic in class this day.” He asked, worried and taking a seat beside the younger.

 

Woohyun responded with a smile. “I’m fine now… I don’t know how to react to that, but things are better now. I thought she was gonna be in this class today. I don’t want her to be given a penalty or punis—“

“But what she did is definitely not right. She was suspended for three days so she cannot attend classes until after that. You were hurt. You could have told me earlier.” Sunggyu spoke in, sighing softly.

 

Woohyun was sensitive about the situation, and he is still affected at the moment, but with the encouragements and positivity given to him so far, he’s in a nicer condition, chuckling softly. “I know Sunggyu-hyung. It’s just that I didn’t want to worry you guys in this thing.”

 

“Crazy-hyun. That just made us worry even more seriously.” Sunggyu nudged Woohyun’s side playfully. Of course he didn’t want to just let the conversation be a serious one. He wanted to brighten up Woohyun’s mood and make it positive.

Woohyun twitched, laughed softly and nudged Sunggyu back. It was a great thing being this guy’s co-teacher. “Yah. Are you trying to tease me again?”

Sunggyu just let out a chuckle, standing up and patting Woohyun’s shoulder. “You know me very well already, Woohyun-ssi. By the way, Sungyeol-ssi knows about this also. He’ll talk to you probably when you get to the dorm. He was even more worried. You guys didn’t get to hang out together yesterday. We kind of ate out for dinner last night.” He uttered out the last sentence softly.

Woohyun let out a slight smirk, looking at his hyung carefully. “Aw~ Then basically you guys have started dating~ I should help you on getting along with Yeol even more…” He hummed.

 

Sunggyu gave a playful glare. “You can only tease me now. Once you get to choose between Myungsoo and Hoya, you might blush more often.”

Woohyun puffed his cheeks, a bit teasingly. “Whatever hyung.” He laughed in which Sunggyu also followed.

The older male then tugged Woohyun’s arm gently. “C’mon, let’s have some lunch. Or maybe Myungsoo already has something prepared for you?” He raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

 

Woohyun proceeded to stand up and nodded. “It’s still for after the practice though, so it’s all fine. Let’s go and eat. I’m hungry.” He smiled.

Sunggyu just laughed, and afterwards, they went to a nearby café for the lunch break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch break…

Woohyun walked in to the PD room as usual, sitting on the chair beside Myungsoo, who immediately scooted closer to Woohyun, looking at his face closely.

 

“Um… Is there something different about my face?” Woohyun blinked softly, returning the stare.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow, then slightly frowned. “Not that. Are you okay though…? I know already. Why in the world did that student do that to you?” His eyebrows furrowed.

 

Woohyun scratched the nape of his neck gently and placed his hands on Myungsoo’s shoulders. So he was right that Myungsoo would know this immediately. “I’m really fine. See? It did affect me a lot, but I feel better. Many of you were already comforting me, and it’s enough.”

 

Myungsoo nodded slightly, then whispered right to Woohyun’s ear. “I want to cheer you up the most though.” He placed his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder.

Woohyun looked back at the other male, then slightly elbowed Myungsoo, laughing softly. “You are being so forward and you want my attention mainly on you, aren’t you?”

Myungsoo smirked slightly. “It’s a good thing you know that, because I really do. I already told you about me being possessive. I like you that much. Maybe you’re liking me back a lot too.” He wriggled his eyebrows.

 

Woohyun just chuckled and nudged Myungsoo lightly. “I’m not gonna tell you about that yet, Mr. Kim.” He wrapped his arm around the male’s shoulder.

 

Myungsoo saw that and grinned, humming softly. “See? Your actions say that you also like me already.”

The slightly shorter male rolled his eyes and hit Myungsoo’s arm lightly, laughing. “You will know Myungsoo when I get to make up my mind. Just enjoy these times I’m being greasy and sweet. What is the work assigned for us today by the way? I already submitted the music compositions before going here.”

Myungsoo rested his other arm on the long desk, looking at a certain list before back at Woohyun. “Not much. We should continue making more compositions. Other idols and the companies might get some tracks from us and it would be nice.”

Woohyun nodded and opened up the composing equipment they’ll use. “Sure sure… I’ll get to work.”

 

Myungsoo had a plan in mind, pulling their chairs closer together then holding on Woohyun, pulling the latter to sit on his lap.

 

Just as that happened, Woohyun was surprised, and he got a bit red. “Hey… What are you supposed to be doing?”

The slightly taller male smiled cheekily and hugged Woohyun’s waist. “You can work like this. It’s no problem right?”

 

Woohyun looked at the other male, scrunching his nose before giving a flick on Myungsoo’s forehead. “Fine.” He started working and checking on the music in that position. Since that’s Myungsoo, he wouldn’t mind it much and for some reason, he couldn’t resist the other guy this time.

Myungsoo rubbed his forehead, then smiled when Woohyun just stayed on his lap, then he leaned closer and rested his chin on the latter’s shoulder, watching him to do work.

 

The thing is, at one point, they actually fell asleep for a couple minutes, with Woohyun’s head laid down on Myungsoo’s shoulder in the same position, although they didn’t have an idea they were like that until they woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After work, practice time for the showcase…

 

Woohyun got the news that the showcase was going to be held in one of the halls of the HyunStar building, so he made his way there as the instructions were told. Before he did, Myungsoo said that he’ll follow there a little bit later.

When he arrived at the venue, most of the participants were already there sitting at the front rows. There were like 40 people as he looked, including Sandeul and Sunggyu (he didn’t know that Sunggyu was also included) Some were students (some were the ones that he taught) and some were mentors. The CEO and the secretary were also present, and they’re the ones to probably do the main checking on the practice, but the showcase directors were there to orient and manage the order and their performance pieces.

 

He proceeded to bow to the CEO first and he was greeted back, before making his way to the vacant seat on the third row. There were some who knew him already and greeted him too, to which Woohyun also greeted enthusiastically.

 

He got surprised when he looked on his left, seeing that Hoya was just a few seats from his, looking at him and smiling. He didn’t know that Hoya was also included in the showcase since they didn’t talk about that matter yet.

 

Hoya gave him a gentle wave and mouthed a “Hello”, winking wherein Woohyun replied with a smile before the director spoke up.

“Alright, everyone listen up. Soon, we are going to hold our first showcase in this hall, and this will be a special one. We’re going to have 23 performances in total. Some are dance, some are song performances, some are both, and some are band performances. The songs to be used and performed will be assigned right now. For the choreography, it will be up to the dancers and choreographers to make.”

Everyone nodded in agreement, then the director started to mention the chronological order of the performances, and who will perform what.

 

It went on.

 

“Performance number 10. A solo dance performance by Hoya.”

 

“Performance number 8. Sunggyu will sing the song “60 Seconds”.

 

“Performance number 18 point one. Woohyun and Sandeul will be in a duet of the song “Can You Smile” and “Love Letter”, which will be accompanied by Myungsoo with the band.”

 

Woohyun widened his eyes slightly at the announcement. Myungsoo didn’t tell him about that, but he would like a collaboration. Myungsoo actually requested to do the guitar accompaniment for Woohyun’s performance. Woohyun just smiled, while Hoya let out a slightly heavy exhale from that.

“Right after that will be connected by performance number 18 point two.  Same ones will sing, and the song will be “Be Mine”. Sandeul and Woohyun will still sing here, though this time, Hoya, Momo, and Jungyeop will be mainly in this performance with their dance, so it will be combined. Sunggyu and Jinhyun will join after the chorus to sing with the two.”

 

Hoya and Woohyun looked at each other after that with an approval on their faces.

 

Then the director continued on.

 

“Last one, Performance number 23, will be a special performance and everyone will be included here. We’re still deciding on the song, so you guys can give suggestions then we can decide on it maybe tomorrow or anytime this week. Okay?”

 

All agreed, then they were told to start the practice with their respective co-performers.

 

At that time, Myungsoo already went in and headed over to Woohyun’s area, where all of his co-performers were including Hoya who has his firm look on the male right now.

“Hey~” Myungsoo approached with a smile then bowed at Sandeul and the others. He stood beside Woohyun afterwards, especially that Hoya was also beside the latter male and also talking to Woohyun pretty closely (there was skinship too, and a greeting hug)

 

Sandeul looked at the three males carefully, wondering if there’s something going on, then Sunggyu whispered to the mentor. Woohyun knew that Sunggyu was telling about his situation.

 

After that, Sunggyu finished with a chuckle, then Sandeul nodded with a plan in his mind, speaking, “I see now… Well, by the way, you guys can have your own free practice for now. Woohyun-ssi and I will have to do our duet practice for now, but tomorrow we will all practice together, okay? We’ll learn the songs first.” Sandeul smiled then went to Woohyun, giving a light pat on the younger’s arm to follow him. They walked on their way towards the recording studio, with the two figures watching.

 

Myungsoo and Hoya just looked at each other afterwards, in which the former chuckled. “Looks like you’ve been talking to Woohyun in a while, aren’t you?” He raised an eyebrow.

Hoya replied with a smile, a competitive smile though. “Yeah… I’m still making quite a lot of efforts. He would like it right?”

Myungsoo could feel the tension between them. He gave a smile, though he has thoughts running through his mind that he should make his date with Woohyun tonight better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice period, around dinner time…

 

Hoya was actually able to set a practice with Woohyun for the next day (He got to hang out and eat with Woohyun for a few minutes via sandwiches after Sandeul and Woohyun finished their nice practice) so he was happy with that, and it will also turn out to be a date later certainly.

 

Afterwards, Woohyun went up to the lobby to see Myungsoo waiting. He approached the latter with a slight nudge, smiling. “I’m here.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled and looked at the male. “Where did you go? I thought your practice was finished earlier.

Woohyun decided to do some teasing and hummed. “I had some snacks and talk with Hoya for a bit.”

Myungsoo playfully glared at Woohyun, crossing his arms. “Sometimes you are really, really honest. He’s gaining points on your feelings again.”

Woohyun smiled cheekily. “It’s better than not telling that, and besides he’s a nice guy and I haven’t decided about who I like more, right?”

Myungsoo made a face, sighing softly. “I’m nice too.” He tilted his head to the side, basically asking for Woohyun to do skinship or something because he would like that.

Woohyun laughed softly, amused at how the other male reacted, leaning over and placing his hands on Myungsoo’s cheeks gently. “Aw… It’s alright. I know that you are nice too. You already know that I like you too right? I just have to decide because I like you both.”

 

Myungsoo didn’t respond, waiting for more reactions.

 

Woohyun then chuckled, moving over and backhugging the slightly taller male. “Now is that better?”

 

Myungsoo’s lips then formed a grin, holding Woohyun’s arms. “Yes of course…” Then he quickly turned to peck the other’s cheek, making Woohyun redden again. He proceeded to run quickly.

Woohyun pointed to the other male and narrowed his eyes as he touched his slightly red cheek. “Sneaky!” He ran towards Myungsoo and tried to catch up to him, as they both laughed at what they were doing afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of minutes later…

 

Woohyun and Myungsoo arrived at the ramen house, to which Woohyun was a bit surprised at how it looked and his date’s choice.

 

“Wow… You seemed to have picked a simpler place in this date.” Woohyun looked at the other male as he said that.

 

Myungsoo let out a chuckle as he took hold of the male’s hand, walking into the ramen house. “I know how to make good choices, Woohyun. I don’t want to make you burdened. Besides, I also want to make our dates not too formal you know.”

Woohyun liked the answer, giving a thumbs up with his free hand, smiling. “Good answer Myungsoo. Great job.” He was satisfied at how the other male understood him better and more well now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two males had a lot of fun with their chatting and other more stuff as they ate the special ramen dish which was definitely delicious. They almost finished it already and both were almost full and all happy.

 

“This is really awesome… You really did choose a great place. Now you’ve been wiping on the corner of my lips so many times. Are you sure there’s something or soup there?” Woohyun raised his eyebrow teasingly and laughed softly, lightly hitting Myungsoo’s arm.

The slightly taller male replied with a cheeky, cool grin, taking another sip of the ramen soup and rubbing his arm gently. “I’m just kidding you know, and besides, you’re cute.” He poked and tickled Woohyun’s side.

Woohyun just laughed then smiled at Myungsoo warmly. “Alright alright! And you’re handsome. Thanks for this date and all by the way.” He grinned then continued eating the ramen.

 

Myungsoo replied with a nod and a smile as they got a bit silent for a while. He then decided on something, turning his chair. “Woohyun-ah?”

 

Woohyun looked at Myungsoo carefully and blinked. “Yes?” He wondered about why Myungsoo called him a bit suddenly.

 

The slightly taller male leaned closer, then moved his fingers to tilt Woohyun’s head by the chin, letting out a heavy exhale before staring directly at the other male. “Could you think about how will this feel if I do this..?”

Woohyun was still wondering what Myungsoo was talking about, looking back at the male directly. “What is it…?”

 

Just as Woohyun asked, things happened quick for him afterward. He just realized that Myungsoo leaned closer with a slight tilt on his head. Their lips touched each other’s.

 

 

It was a kiss. 

~~~~~~

(Polls)