Chapter 7 - Bright and Tension

Sound Check

Author Note here at the beginning now XD (Hello ^^ I'm sorry again for the delay, it took me 9 days for this update, but yay, here it is, and it's Christmas vacation here now, so I have a lot more time to write and work on this fanfic XD I'll try for a faster update and see if I can make the update after our Dec. 24-26 trip (I'll put it out on Dec. 27/28/29 possibly, Dec. 23 if I'm fast enough XD So either the two of those dates) There's a new character here, then WooYa, WooSoo, WooGyu (both with Mingyu and Sunggyu XD) moments here, plus a short hint of the GyuYeol pairing ^^ XD 50 subs ^^ Thank you for subscribing, upvoting, reading, supporting, and your thoughts also ^^ Let me know your thoughts about this in the comments section XD This chapter could get slightly intense at one point XD Thank you again and I'll work hard and well on the next updates and chapters :) Hope you like this and enjoy reading ^^ Also, a question: Who do you think will get Woohyun's first kiss? I might make a poll about it XD This is also the longest chapter I've done in this fanfic so far, it took me a while. XD This had 4000 words compared to 2000-3000 words in my previous chapters, I went for it I)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During class time…

 

Woohyun and Sunggyu were teaching their students at the moment with the musical topics and vocalizations. It was quite fun and the students were participating very well.

 

Sunggyu was holding the microphone, and Woohyun was at the piano with a supported microphone also. They were going to do some harmonizing and they were planning on teaching that to the students today, since they haven’t discussed about that yet, and it could come in handy. The vocal techniques and other vocal aspects could come on the next days.

 

Woohyun chuckled, warming up as he pressed on the piano keys to play a simple but catchy melody. “We’re going to do harmonization, and whether it’s on a recording studio or duets and group performances, this is essential to make your musical awareness better. Also, harmonies are really nice to hear and improve a certain song very much if done correctly.”

He added and joked, “Also, watch Sunggyu-hyung hold the microphone and release all his extreme emotions while singing because he knows the song too much.” The students had some laughs.

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Woohyun and laughed softly. “Hey! What are you trying to say?” He grinned. “Now listen to us. This song is for a guy named Sungyeol by the way.”

 

Woohyun raised an eyebrow and smirked slightly. “Why Sunggyu-hyung? Are you joking or was I late about your bond with Sungyeol?”

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and pointed a finger at the other, having a sharp glare, but obviously a playful and joking one. “You’re definitely in trouble after this class time Woohyun-ssi. I tell you.”

The others laughed, and one student raised her hand, chuckling. “Sunggyu-nim and Woohyun-nim, please sing already, we might not end up finishing anything in this lesson~”

Then the two just laughed softly, with Woohyun responding. “We’re gonna calm down now Minri. We’re gonna start for real. Here.” He smiled. He then looked at Sunggyu for the signal as he started playing the piano.

 

After the sample singing performance from Woohyun and Sunggyu, the students clapped, then the two said “thank you’s”. They executed a harmonized note before explaining.

 

Sunggyu led the explanation. “You guys know how to determine notes right? That was discussed to you the last time. So… on that note we just did. I did a C4 while Woohyun-ssi did a G4. Different notes, but they make a great combination. Two notes, but those notes fared well with one another. That was harmonization. So you guys will have to show us something like that in the future homeworks, okay?”

The students nodded, meaning they understood the topics, though some seem to be confused, but the teachers already told them that they can always ask questions when they need to understand a certain topic.

Woohyun did a single clap and smiled. “Alright then, that’s great! Let’s have a 5-minute break then another vocal drill that I’ll teach.”

 

Then the 5-minute break started.

 

While both teachers were settled on their desks, a familiar girl approached Woohyun with a grin.

 

“Woohyun-oppa? Can I ask a question?”

Woohyun was actually a bit taken aback by the sudden speaking from the girl, but he recognized the voice. “Your father is a company CEO, right? You’re Surin? Sure, feel free to ask.” He smiled.

The girl chuckled, although with a slight smirk planted on her lips. “You remembered! Thank you… Well I was just gonna ask since I’m curious…” She whispered the next words. “Is there something going on between you and Myungsoo-oppa?”

 

Woohyun was a bit surprised with the question, and he didn’t know how to respond immediately. He just tried to act neutral then cleared his throat, chuckling. “What do you mean?” He spoke a bit hesitantly.

 

The girl responded. “I saw you two in a close manner this morning. Are you guys dating?”

 

Woohyun was about to say yes but he didn’t want to spill those stuff. “What made you ask that? We’re friends.” Of course if it is in terms of their real status: Dating. He can’t tell the real happening, and he wasn’t having a good feeling about how the girl was acting.

The girl frowned and shook her head. “You like him, don’t you? I don’t know if you guys are dating but you should bring me to him, can you? I want him to date me so we can get closer. So how about I give you money then set us up on a nice date, then I’ll use my father’s connections to promote you in your position. Is that good?”
 

Woohyun sighed softly, and his answer was certain. “I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna accept that offer Surin-ssi. I’m not “that” desperate for money, and…..” He wasn’t expecting to say his next words but he didn’t want Myungsoo to just date someone else. At that point, that made him realize the fact that he likes Myungsoo, although he hasn’t chosen the “one” out of the two yet and he likes both to be honest to the point where he doesn’t know who he likes more. “Myungsoo is dating already as far as I know.”

 

Sujin gave a slight glare and let out a heavy breath. “He’s dating you right? Fine then. You should know that I’m stubborn and I will continue bugging you about this. I have many connections, remember that, Woohyun-oppa. Don’t get all relaxed.” She lightly slammed her hand on the desk, turned around then went back to her seat.

Now, Woohyun felt a bit uneasy, because Sujin seems to be planning on meddling with his work, especially that he refused the offer. He’s worried about that, but he composed himself and thought positively instead.

 

Sunggyu looked at Sujin before approaching Woohyun with a serious expression. “Are you okay? Was there something wrong?”

Woohyun stared back, and gave a soft smile, although the uneasiness is kind of evident in his expression. “I’m alright Sunggyu-hyung, no worries. Let’s continue the class.” He chuckled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After work time…. On the same day…

 

Woohyun walked along with Myungsoo after having a snack meal delivered to them. They had their usual working stuff at the PD room, and it was fun. There were skinship moments for both too, and some teasing and chatting. That way, they got along much better now. Although they could spend more time together, Myungsoo’s father included him to participate in the Music Convention for the evening, and there are some points where Myungsoo wouldn’t be able to refuse, or rather, shouldn’t refuse.

 

With a ruffle on Woohyun’s hair, Myungsoo looked at the other male. “Let’s date tomorrow instead, can we? I have to go with abbeoji tonight, and he’s waiting for me…”

Woohyun thought about it and hummed softly. “I have a schedule after work… We have to prepare for the showcase and practice will start tomorrow. Are you fine even if we move it to nighttime?”

 

Myungsoo chuckled. “That’s absolutely no problem. You do know I am willing when it comes to you, right? But wait…” He leaned closer and whispered. “I don’t know if I would get along with your roommate well.” He shook his head, clicking his tongue.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow, and he knew that the other male was definitely not amused by the moment he’s roommates with Mingyu. “You mean… Mingyu? I mean… isn’t he friendly?” He wasn’t actually sure if he told that in seriousness or he had this intention to tease Myungsoo. It’s kind of half-half.

 

The slightly taller male responded with a glare, though that’s obviously not because he’s mad at Woohyun anyway. He wasn’t that certain about who Mingyu really is. “Yeah, he is. Especially to you. Well just saying that he might like you that much or he’s just trying to make a mess of you. Be careful with him. If you’re the one who misbehaves, you’ll be grounded in the PD room for all of the work hours in three days.”

 

Woohyun widened his eyes and nudged the other suddenly. “Hey…! What kind of penalty is that? Calm down, I will behave well.”

Myungsoo then had a light chuckle and pinched Woohyun’s cheek. “I know I know Woohyun-ah~”

That prompted a blush from Woohyun and a narrow-eyed stare also. “I can’t even with you.”

Myungsoo shrugged and laughed softly. “I’ll tone it down now. Just give me a peck on the cheek and you can go.” He leaned closer and his cheek in front of Woohyun’s face. “I ain’t leaving until you do it.”

 

Woohyun crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. “But why? Aren’t those stuff supposed to be done later on and not now? But I’m just dating you right now, not at that degree yet.”

The other male just stubbornly replied and then pulled Woohyun closer to him by the waist, smiling cheekily. “I told you that you may go if you give me a peck. You must do that first. One peck is enough, alright?”

Woohyun gave Myungsoo a firm look, but eventually gave in, especially he could see that the taller male won’t probably let go of him if he won’t do what was asked.

 

He leaned quickly and pecked Myungsoo’s cheek. In his mind, Myungsoo is driving him crazy because he seemed to be finding out that he’s liking the guy more the more they hang out with each other, and it’s on a fast rate.

Myungsoo grinned. “Thanks Woohyun-ah. You can’t resist me.” He smirked slightly.

Woohyun gave a smirk, saying, “You got what you wanted, and in return, I’ll ask Hoya on a date tomorrow and move our date on a different time.” He immediately started walking away afterwards.

 

That prompted an automatic glare from Myungsoo, pointing his two fingers at Woohyun. “You don’t say. I’m watching you.”

Woohyun just chuckled and mouthed “Just kidding” before parting ways with the other male and going to their respective stuff to take care of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Thinking about his free time, Woohyun went to the dance practice room to have a date (that’s how Hoya called it) and dancing fun. When he looked around, he saw that Hoya was in a middle of some sort of a dancing lesson, teaching three students a hiphop-style choreo. He recognized one of them since that student was also in his music classes. Hardworking girl, he thought.

 

“Woohyun-nim? You’re here!” The mentioned girl exclaimed as she heard the footsteps and turned around, and of course, Hoya also paused and looked, smiling softly.

Woohyun smiled back then approached the female. “Yup, I’m gonna have to learn some moves from your dance teacher too.” He chuckled and looked at Hoya, then went to sit at the floor on the side. “Go on and continue the lesson. I’ll be cheering all of you.” He gave a thumbs up.

“Thanks Woohyun-nim, by the way, this is Nam Woohyun, one of the vocal teachers here.” The student said that to her two fellow dancers, then they bowed at Woohyun, to which the latter bowed back also.

 

The dance lesson went out smoothly, and it was more high-impact than Woohyun thought. All of them, even Hoya, were sweating a lot, but the thing is, the students were learning well, and they were executing the choreo well. At times he was staring at Hoya in awe, since the guy was nailing the dancing really well that it made Woohyun like an attracted fanboy.

 

“We’re almost there. Erin, just remember to make your footwork a bit sharper. Also, let yourself have more freedom with the music. Just enjoy, get the feeling, and then show your passion as you dance. Same to you two.” Hoya spoke his words as they did another run of the choreography, then sampled his in order to correct and change some of the students’ movements.

Erin, the female student, tried to execute the steps the way Hoya said it. “Like this Howon-nim? Am I doing it right?” The others were a bit more silent, but they were practicing the steps hard too.

Hoya nodded, then slightly moved the student’s arm to adjust the movement in the dance step. “That’s better. Just practice more and then you’re gonna dance it even better. You were improving quickly. That’s a great thing.”

Erin focused and put the reminders in her mind, then nodded, smiling. “Alright then, thanks Howon-nim! I’ll work hard.” The other two male students also said their “thank you’s” and their questions about the dance steps too.

 

After that, they did another run of the song for them to dance the complete choreo, and Woohyun was happily watching and even singing along and clapping along in a somehow hyper fashion, making the others, even Hoya, laugh.

 

Afterwards, the students bid their goodbyes and left the room, leaving Hoya and Woohyun alone until the door swung open again, with a female figure peeking. In Woohyun’s view, the female seemed to be a dancer too.

 

Hoya blinked softly. “Momo? I thought you were gonna leave from work early today?”

 

Momo was about to respond, but she stared at the two figures first, and of course she knew who Woohyun is and who he is to Hoya, so that prompted her to let out a teasing tone as she spoke. “Looks like someone is having some sort of date today~ I just forgot my tumbler so I’ll get it, then don’t worry, I’ll let you two have your moment, okay?” She chuckled and quickly got her tumbler before waving and immediately leaving. It wasn’t even like 30 seconds before Momo left the room.

Woohyun and Hoya just awkwardly looked at the door afterwards. Hoya was supposed to reply but Momo did her stuff fast, and besides, he wanted to have quality time with Woohyun anyway.

 

Woohyun then handed him over a soft towel. “You are sweating a lot again. You’ve been doing a great job.” He smiled. “Do you have water?”

Hoya picked up his water bottle and took a sip, then took the towel, wiping it over on his face. “Yeah… Don’t worry about it.”

Woohyun nodded then watched the other. He thought about the fact that he’s been hanging out with two people who both like him, and it’s getting harder for him to make a decision about it, especially that at this point, he’s being more attached to both of those people. That’s why he thought it would be better to choose as soon as possible, but at the moment, he still couldn’t bring up a clear decision to that.

 

“You recently did a dance session. We can move my dance lesson to the day after tomorrow instead so you could rest better.” Woohyun told the other male, leaning closer.

 

Hoya hummed softly and nodded. “If you say so… What about we get some dessert on the café nearby? Let’s call it a date? I miss our first date Woohyun-ssi… You gotta make it up to me.” He nudged Woohyun’s side with the playful expression he had despite the cold nature in his speaking.

Woohyun twitched over and chuckled. “I know I know… that date was fun. Since I’m pretty much free later on, then let’s go. You should get changed then.” He patted on Hoya’s back before standing up and starting to do the choreo that Hoya taught him.

 

Hoya was changing his top, then afterwards, he watched Woohyun dancing, making him smile in amusement. “You’re improving Woohyun-ssi. You’re dancing well.”

Woohyun paused as he did the spin, then chuckled. “Thank you. You’re still the best though.”

 

Hoya smiled at that compliment then took the first move, holding Woohyun’s hand. “C’mon, on to the café.”

Woohyun laughed softly and swung their hands lightly. “That was a quick move, Lee Howon.”

 

Hoya tightened his grip, but in a way that both of their hands are comfortable together. “You might have to expect moves like those more often.” He shrugged and smiled.

They went off to the café afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the café…

 

It was basically a nice moment as they started eating sundaes, and Hoya was able to convince Woohyun to feed each other at times.

As they finished eating, Hoya went to sit beside Woohyun and they had a lot of chatting.

 

“You know what… I haven’t heard you sing again since the day that you went for the audition? I guess your singing while we danced counts.” Hoya spoke, keeping his eyes focused to Woohyun’s.

Woohyun laughed softly and nudged the other slightly. “It counts you know, though I was kind of kidding back there.”

 

Hoya nodded and smiled. “That’s why I would like to hear you sing a whole song to me. You could do that at the dance room too… You sing really well… One of the many reasons why I like you.”

 

Woohyun chuckled and raised an eyebrow. “Seems like you’re being greasier because of me lately. You can count on it. I’ll sing for you of course. It’s just that I will think of the song to perform then it’ll be good.” He smiled softly.

Hoya nodded again and had a quiet laugh. “I thought that greasiness could be effective on you. That’s great… Still, I am waiting for your decision, alright? I know that both Myungsoo and I are doing a lot of efforts at the moment, so I understand you if you’re still thinking about your answer to my question.”

Woohyun was in deep thoughts again after that, but he decided not to dwell on that for now although he’s probably gonna have a tougher time thinking about it later on. He wanted to loosen up first and do good stuff.

He smiled. “Thanks Hoya-ssi. Now, do you wanna jog on the way to HyunStar building? Let’s go.” Woohyun stood up and tugged on Hoya’s hand, holding it.

 

Hoya eventually followed, then wrapped an arm around the other male’s waist. “Yeah… Let’s go.”

 

Woohyun looked at Hoya’s skinship attempt as he chuckled softly. “So you are going to jog with me like this?”

Hoya hummed softly then smiled softly. “I felt like doing this, but don’t worry. When we get out of this café, we can jog freely. Let me feel this moment.”

 

Woohyun laughed a bit then put his arm around Hoya’s shoulder in return. “Alright, now look, we’re both doing skinship. That’s good with you?” He smiled, and Hoya replied with a smile too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at HyunStar building, 6 pm…..

 

Woohyun just recently parted ways with Hoya, since the latter had to go home already while Woohyun still needed to settle some things in his office and lesson plans, stuff.

 

He was taking a walk through the hallway when he heard his phone ring.

He checked it to see that the message is from an unknown number.

 

To: Woohyun

“Is Woohyun-ah doing good? This is Myungsoo by the way. I got your number because of the secretary ;) I wanna see you again already… I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Woohyun read the whole thing, and he was surprised, and a bit amused. He raised his eyebrow at the text, but it actually made him smile.

He replied then saved Myungsoo’s number.

 

To: Myungsoo

“Yeah, I am doing fine. I’m behaving well here. Though I did have a date with Hoya. I shouldn’t refuse that because he’s likeable too. I’ll see you tomorrow too.”

 

It wasn’t long until he received the response.

 

To: Woohyun

“You had a date with him? *pout emoji* Fine. We’ll have a great date tomorrow, so be ready for that. We’ll have fun too. I want you to be happy on our date. Now that’s why I should step up my game.”

 

Woohyun just laughed at the jealousy that he could see in Myungsoo’s reply. He thought that the way the other male was reacting was cute and it was actually plus points for Myungsoo.

 

To: Myungsoo

“I know that mister. You shouldn’t worry too much, I liked our date the last time too. :) Now you take care and I hope you’re doing well there. I’ll see you Myungsoo : ) And I think you’re planning on sneaky pecks again. *laugh emoji*”

 

He was waiting for the reply when suddenly two figures were holding his arms firmly behind him, and Surin went in front of him, carrying a USB.

 

That was the USB of the composed music Woohyun and Myungsoo made as a request from a neighbor talent agency/company. He remembered that the PD room was not locked earlier.

 

“I told you I have a lot of connections, Woohyun-oppa.” Surin smiled cheekily then placed the USB on the floor, with her shoe just an inch beyond. “I just wanna ask where will Myungsoo be by tomorrow afternoon, then we’ll let you go.”

 

Woohyun slightly growled and struggled, but the two people kept him in his position. “Don’t break that USB! That’s important! Why are you taking it this far anyway? I haven’t asked him about that yet.” He didn’t want to tell Surin that tomorrow afternoon or rather night time, he’s gonna have a date with Myungsoo.

Surin just frowned and sighed, picking up the USB and putting it on Woohyun’s pocket of his jeans. “You are stubborn too, Woohyun-oppa. Well fine then, you get the USB, but I’ll leave you to these two men, so good luck on what they’re gonna do.” She hummed softly, and after that, the two intimidating figures started gripping Woohyun forcefully when a male figure appeared.

 

“Surin! What’s this all about?”

 

Surin suddenly widened her eyes. Sandeul was still there. Surin immediately whispered to the males to let Woohyun go.

 

Sandeul spoke firmly again. “Surin, and those two men with you, go to the guidance counselor office right now. No buts.”

Surin sighed softly and eventually followed along with the other men, as the guidance counselor came immediately to bring them to the office, not being able to say a word to Woohyun afterwards.

Woohyun bit his lip, and he was still overwhelmed with what happened, he let out an heavy exhale and sat on the bench, in which Sandeul approached and sat beside him.

 

“What happened? Are you still fine?” Sandeul looked at Woohyun closely as he asked.

Woohyun replied immediately, although quietly and a bit shakily. “Uh.. Yes, I am fine Sandeul-nim. Thank you for that… I feel better now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the dorm, dinner time…

 

Woohyun went back to his dorm room, and given his response to what happened, he didn’t take that well. He felt like he was about to cry as he walked to the door. He remembered the not-so-good moments he had in his school days, and he just really needed to rest right now. He didn’t want to let anyone, even Hoya, Sungyeol or Myungsoo, know about this though. He thought about bonding with Sungyeol and Sunggyu after eating so he could compose himself better. He was feeling heavier at the moment.

 

As he went in, he saw Mingyu sitting in front of a meal-filled table already. It seemed that Mingyu prepared dinner for both of them.

 

Mingyu stood up and approached Woohyun, about to play around again. “Woohyun! You’re back. I was wondering where you went.” He grinned.

 

Woohyun didn’t respond immediately. He paused for a few seconds, before leaning closer and resting his head on Mingyu’s shoulder, hugging him tightly. “I… I need some hugs… I don’t know what to do… Why did it turn out like that? It’s hard…” Woohyun just mumbled that but enough for Mingyu to hear, then Woohyun’s eyes got teary.

 

Mingyu was planning on his “plan”, but he just realized it was ineffective, and he couldn’t help but stare at Woohyun as he was hugged. He just said that his crush on Woohyun was a past crush, but right now, he couldn’t help but think that Woohyun is being cute, and the guy needs comfort. At the moment, it felt like Woohyun was attracting him all over again. He still needed to confirm if that’s what his feelings are right now though.

 

Mingyu hugged back tightly, and rubbed Woohyun’s back gently, adjusting Woohyun’s head on his shoulder. “It will be alright Woohyun… It’s okay.” He didn’t know why Woohyun was feeling down that time, but he wanted to tell that and comfort the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~