Chapter 6 - Meet. _____

Sound Check

(New character to be introduced in this chapter ~)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Do I need to really answer that…?” Woohyun asked, kind of surprised with the question, and to top that off, he didn’t know how to respond to it. He did like Hoya better obviously at first, but because of his better terms and a date with Myungsoo lately, it made deciding harder for him to do.

 

He didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, also.

 

Hoya nodded, still wanting an answer, and it’s evident in his expression. He toned down his tense stare a bit so that things won’t get uncomfortable. “Well… Myungsoo likes you, and I like you too. So… there’s the reason given on why I am asking you this right now.”

Woohyun bit his lip gently and tilted his head, thinking about what to answer, and he felt heavier upon doing that. It was a tough decision.

 

Eventually, he wasn’t able to come up with a clear answer to that question, but he had to.

 

“Hoya-ssi, I like you a lot…. Though Myungsoo… I appreciate his efforts, and I like him too.” Woohyun was speaking softly, feeling tense at the moment.

Hoya looked at Woohyun, with the serious expression, and still waiting for a “clearer” answer, but after a long pause, he sighed softly and his expression was back to a calmer and lighter one. He leaned back to the wall, then held Woohyun’s hand, squeezing it gently.

 

“Alright, fine… I’m not exactly asking you to answer me right now. You would need time and some moments to think about it, I understand.” Hoya spoke sincerely.

Woohyun was somehow relieved hearing the response and nodded slowly, hoping that he’s gonna be able to make his mind up about this. “Thanks… I just need more time to decide.”

It wasn’t long before Hoya added, looking at the mirror on the opposite side of him, “Mm-hm… It’s just that… When I like someone…”

 

Hoya paused. “I really go for it and take the opportunity as much as I can. So…. I don’t let him go that easily.”

 

Woohyun didn’t make a reply immediately, and kept silent. He understood what Hoya meant, especially that’s how it usually goes when you like a certain person and you have a chance on that person. “I know… I’ll think carefully about it, but you… You should also relax. Why don’t you have fun right now? Teach me a dance.” Woohyun responded, trying to brighten up the mood and standing up. “You’re my dance mentor for today.” He smiled.

 

Hoya just stared at the other male, and let out a heavy exhale, eventually getting up and fixing himself. He gave Woohyun a visible smile, and loosened up at the moment. “Alright then… I’ll teach you a nice choreography. You should come and attend with me here often so we can learn it better. Also, you should still stay after the dancing session, you have stuff to do with me too.”

Woohyun raised an eyebrow and gave a cheeky smile. “Oh.. I get it. You’re getting me to stay with you longer so you can get plus points on my feelings?”

 

Hoya just slightly raised his shoulders and showed a slight smirk, and a quiet laugh at that. “Well I guess you can figure it out.”

Woohyun laughed softly and nodded. “Yeah. Definitely.”

Hoya then brightly proceeded to start the dancing. “C’mon, let’s start. Let’s do some stretching first.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo was called on urgently by his father aka the CEO for some unknown reason yet, but nevertheless, he went to it immediately although he thought that Woohyun was still there.

As he walked in, he noticed a tall, well-prepared male figure standing beside the secretary, while the CEO was in his seat, smiling.

 

“Abbeoji, is something the matter?” Myungsoo mumbled as he got in front of his father’s desk. He looked briefly at the secretary who was whispering something to the male figure, but he couldn’t understand that.

 

His father then stood up and patted the male figure’s back. “Not much, but I want to introduce you to him. He’s one of my promising students in my previous talent agency back then, and he’s here to apply. He wanted to be a producer too, though I said that the extra spot was already occupied by Woohyun. He will be a songwriter and rapper in this company. Meet Mingyu.”

 

Myungsoo looked at the male figure and bowed slightly. “Nice meeting you. I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

 

Mingyu then extended a hand and shook hands with Myungsoo, smiling. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too. I’m looking forward to working here and with you guys. Is Woohyun the assistant producer in your care?”

Myungsoo replied enthusiastically, though he wondered why would the other male ask about that, especially about Woohyun. “Yup. He currently works with me together. We’re doing well.” He smiled.

After that response, Mingyu and the secretary exchanged looks, and Myungsoo noticed the frown that formed in Mingyu’s face, but it suddenly turned to a smile, probably hiding the previous expression.

 

“I see… Have a good day then. I’ll get to my working area.” Mingyu bowed and smiled.

 

The CEO then went back to his seat, speaking. “Since you guys met each other already, I hope you two get along well. Maybe a chance of going out together?” He chuckled softly before coming back to his expression. “Myungsoo, you may go now. I’ll orient Mingyu a bit more then he’ll also start working tomorrow. I’m also considering on talking to Woohyun about this, since both are new to the company and I was going to ask if it’s fine with Woohyun to share a room with him. After all, we don’t have enough space for housing here and he’ll have less expenses to pay for since he could divide it with Woohyun for the same room.”

Myungsoo suddenly widened his eyes when he heard the words. He felt uncomfortable knowing that Woohyun might have a roommate starting tomorrow and he doesn’t know Mingyu that much yet. From that, he already felt kind of jealous. For him to not get too obvious with his reaction though, he gave a quick nod, changed his expression and casually smiled at everyone before bowing lightly and heading out of the CEO room.

 

Afterwards, Mingyu and the secretary were having a mumbling conversation.

Mingyu whispered. “Woohyun’s the assistant producer then? I wanted his position… How come we aimed for the same position a few years ago and also right now?” He sighed softly.

The secretary whispered back. “So you’ve been meeting each other a lot?”

Mingyu replied. “Yeah.. I know that Myungsoo and Woohyun had some rivalry, but pretty much we have it between me and Woohyun also. I had a crush on him though, maybe it’s the aura and looks… Well, that was before. I still would want to be the assistant producer. I really want that position. Maybe… How about I think about doing something about this?” He tilted his head, thinking and having a cheeky, and a slightly mischievous smile.

The secretary looked at the other male a bit weirdly, scanning the expression. “Wait… What do you mean? What’s with that smirk? Are you planning on something…?”

 

They were about to continue conversing, when the CEO looked at them, clearing his throat and noticed the whispering. “C’mon, let’s get to the orientation. I’ll explain some stuff to you then the secretary will guide and tour you around the building, alright?”

Mingyu focused back his attention to the CEO and nodded, smiling. “Yes CEO-nim. I’m ready.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After one hour…..

Hoya and Woohyun just finished dancing, and they were already at the halfway part of the choreography. With Hoya secretly asking for it, Woohyun with his caring persona, took a towel and wiped Hoya’s sweat in the face and neck. The latter definitely liked that moment.

 

“You were really sweating. You might need to drink some water already. I’ll buy you one.” Woohyun looked at the other male then placed the towel on Hoya’s shoulder. Hoya gripped on his arm when he was about to go out though.

“It’s fine. I usually sweat like this when practicing dancing here.” Hoya replied coolly, smiling softly before letting go of Woohyun’s arm.

“I see then… By the way, I’m still figuring out how to get the even-way-happier side of you.” Woohyun hummed softly and nudged Hoya’s side, causing the latter to let out a brief laugh.

 

“You’re probably the only one who can do that, Woohyun-ssi.” Hoya responded, wrapping an arm around Woohyun’s shoulder, in which Woohyun also smiled.

 

They then heard an announcer’s voice from the big speaker. “Nam Woohyun, please proceed to the CEO’s office immediately.”

Woohyun then packed up his things before approaching Hoya. “I guess I have to go for now. Thanks Hoya-ssi, this was fun and great. I’ll see you tomorrow then. You should rest and go home now.” He smiled and reached to quickly hug Hoya before heading out of the dance practice room.

Hoya watched the other figure amusedly, smiling. A few moments later, he also went out of the practice room for an early dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner… at Woohyun’s dorm room…

“Yeol, they said I’m gonna have a roommate. His name is Mingyu. I think I know him, but I’m not sure… But I accepted CEO-nim’s proposal for him to share a room with me. I hope we get along well…” Woohyun leaned back on the sofa, speaking to Sungyeol who was at the table and visiting Woohyun’s room, eating ramyun.

 

“Damn… I wonder if he’s going to be fine with your strong alarm sounds and tardiness.” Sungyeol laughed, while Woohyun made a face.

 

“But I go to work on time now…! I also wake up faster this time… right? You love picking on me as always. As expected of Lee Sungyeol.” Woohyun made a face.

Sungyeol just raised an eyebrow and leaned closer, chuckling. “I see…..? Then why do I hear your alarm from my room every 5 minutes after your actual alarm time? And I get to wake up earlier at most.”

Woohyun went to sit beside Sungyeol and nudged him. “Alright fine fine.. but I’m still punctual.. And how would you know that you woke up first? Did you have a CCTV in my room?” He gasped playfully.

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes and made a face. “Chill…~ I am not your stalker or whatever, but you know I wake up quite earlier than expected.” He had a slight hair flip after that.

 

Woohyun just laughed. “You silly. What am I gonna do with you?”

Sungyeol just chuckled. “You know this guy. Your best friend. Correction, you can be silly as well.”

 

They had fun, then Woohyun went out briefly to invite Sunggyu to his room, also telling about his soon-to-be roommate.

 

Sunggyu chuckled. “Hwaiting on that. Don’t worry too much, and probably the CEO would assign someone kind and friendly to you anyway.”

The three continued chatting until almost midnight, and that’s where they decided to wrap up for the night and return to their rooms, taking a sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning….

Woohyun was able to get up after the first alarm this time, and just as he was about to take a shower, he heard the door knock.

He furrowed his eyebrows in wonder, though initially he thought Sungyeol was there to wake him up again, but as he opened the door, he saw a familiar figure with his things and luggage at his side, smiling and bowing.

 

“G’morning… I’m Mingyu. Remember me? I guess CEO-nim told you about this already? We’re gonna be roommates. Later on they’ll add another bed beside yours.” Mingyu spoke, extending a hand, in which Woohyun took and shook gently.

 

Woohyun observed Mingyu’s facial features, and he realized who the other was. He wasn’t sure at first, but he then remembered the times in high school. For sure, Mingyu that time was the Mingyu in front of him right now.

He responded and tried not to look so surprised. “Ah… Yup… Now I remember you.. You auditioned for the band too right?”

 

Mingyu chuckled, then suddenly got a bit aggressive, pushing Woohyun to the wall, making the latter groan a bit in the impact. “That’s right. I wanted to be in the band, but I didn’t get through. You got to be the leader too right?”

 

Woohyun widened his eyes at the action, and tried to struggle away but the taller male kept his wrists to the wall. “W-what’s the matter then?”

Mingyu hummed softly and smirked slightly. “I wanted to be the assistant producer too you know… You got it first though.” He firmly spoke, placing his hand under Woohyun’s chin to make the latter look up at him.

 

Things got confusing though when Mingyu’s expression suddenly brightened, letting go, stepping back, and chuckling softly. “You can calm down now… I was just kind of playing around. I’m all fine. Just saying that it’s a coincidence that we usually apply or want the same stuff.” He laughed softly.

 

Woohyun was a bit tense, but then he got a bit puzzled, wondering if Mingyu was really kidding with that. For now, maybe he’ll take it as a yes, but there seemed to be something different with Mingyu in his opinion. He thought that Mingyu was nice and friendly after the expression change though, so he’ll get along with it. He laughed along a bit awkwardly and asked. “You were… kidding? I felt that was real…”

 

Mingyu chuckled and raised his shoulders. “Sorry about that. I happened to take it a bit too far, but I was kidding. I would befriend you of course. Are you alright?

Woohyun was still trying to process what’s happening, and what’s with Mingyu’s words earlier, but his mind told him not to deal with that too much at the moment and instead get to know the taller male and get along with him. “It’s good. I’m alright.” Though still a bit awkward, he smiled then eventually got into a more comfortable phase. “I hope we get along well.”

Mingyu smiled softly. “Great. I believe we’ll get along nicely. I’ll wait for you to finish preparing. Let’s go to HyunStar together, alright?”

 

Woohyun just nodded and smiled, though his mind was in various thoughts at the moment. “Sure… I’ll take a shower now.” He went to the bathroom immediately.

 

He was still a bit uneasy about the stuff that just happened. Mingyu was actually nice to him, but he was unsure and unaware that the other male might have some plans and fishy stuff in mind, much to Mingyu’s half-smirk half-smile as he watched Woohyun walk off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At HyunStar Ent. lobby…. 45 minutes later...

 

Mingyu was surprisingly affectionate and close to Woohyun as they walked inside the building, and the taller male even had his arm around Woohyun’s neck, being friendly.

 

At that time, Myungsoo already saw it, and he obviously didn’t feel nice about it. He felt like immediately taking Woohyun with him, but he didn’t want to make such a distraction in the crowded lobby.

 

“I’m gonna go to work now. I’ll see you Woohyun! Let’s hang out again.” Mingyu started walking off and waved at Woohyun, before turning and thinking about his next things to do about Woohyun and Myungsoo.

Woohyun just waved back and smiled, wondering about the other’s sudden kindness to him, and as he walked towards his office, he got a bit surprised when Myungsoo was beside him also walking.

 

“Mingyu… He’s being close to you quite a lot, I see.” Myungsoo said, in a tone of firmness. “You should be closest to me, Woohyun-ah.”

Woohyun looked at the other male, and nudged his side. “Chill… We’re just friends, and we’re roommates so that would be fine, right?”

Myungsoo smirked slightly. “I know, but again, I get possessive at times. This is one of the times. You know who’s your date and admirer, Woohyun.” He wriggled his eyebrows.

 

Woohyun made a face and slightly rolled his eyes. “Fine fine… I know that. I know my limits. I’m gonna spend time with you right now so don’t worry. I have classes to teach though.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled softly and nodded in satisfaction, then in a clever move, he spoke. “Here’s your office. Let’s meet later at the room over there, alright?”

 

Woohyun looked at the room, and there came a sound. That’s when Myungsoo successfully snuck his first peck on Woohyun’s cheek.

 

Realizing what Myungsoo did, he suddenly blushed and stared at the other male wide-eyed. He shoved Myungsoo lightly. “I…. I hate you.”

Myungsoo smiled cheekily and pinched Woohyun’s nose. “I love you too.”

That’s where Woohyun had a tough time recovering from cheek redness, and bickering with Myungsoo of course. Of course, “I hate you” was probably just a kidding from Woohyun.

 

Because three hours later…

 

He was already humming to Myungsoo’s compositions and music, and composing together as Myungsoo was playing guitar. Myungsoo did notice that, and he was happy with it.

To add, Myungsoo could see that Woohyun was trying not to get caught humming his compositions when Myungsoo looked at him, although he could notice how happy Woohyun was when doing those things. "Cute." He thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello ~ ^^ Here's a new update, Chapter 6, I hope you liked it :D New character is here now, sorry if it was kind of sudden XD But any thoughts on what could his role be and what he was planning to do? Did you like them Woosoo and Wooya moments? And the other stuff? haha XD Thank you for reading, subscribing (45 subscribers already yay~), upvotes, and support ^^ More happenings to come in the next chapters, I'll do my best, I'm motivated, and I'll work hard for the next update :D Thank you again ^^ See you