Chapter 0.5 - Prologue

Sound Check

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Month of May, Saturday morning...

 

"Well whoa... Thanks Mom, I thought you won't let me go to Seoul!" The 20-year-old Woohyun gave a wide grin, tightly hugging his concerned mother as he spoke, since he finally was able to convince his mother to give him permission for something he definitely wanted to do so much.

Nam Woohyun recently finished his studies when he was told about the talent agency slash school that was already a hot topic even before its opening, HyunStar Entertainment, and that gave him the oh-so-joyful moment after he heard the news, especially when applications and auditions were announced to be open right now.

 

He wanted to grab the opportunity quickly, and in this way, he can hone more of his passion: music. He wanted to be a vocalist or a vocal instructor, so that was a nice time to go. He was already ecstatic. He also immediately got HyunStar's cellphone number (the secretary's number) from Sungyeol's efforts. His friend was able to inquire despite being busy in his culinary stuff sometimes.

"Take care alright? I might as well take you back here at home if you do something unpleasant there honey." His mother jokingly replied as they let go of each other. She was initially quite worried with Woohyun going to be distant from her when they were together most of the time at the house, but she knows Woohyun's ambitions very well, and she would like it if her son reaches them. She'll be the proudest mom.

Woohyun narrowed his eyes and let out a small laugh. "Really Mom? You cannot do that, I wanna get the job there too much, and there are many trainees and idols there probably." He smiled.

"So you want to be an idol too? Maybe I should wait for you to appear on TV then." His mother chuckled, and she thought that her only son is idol-material.

"But I'm not ready for that at the moment. I'll think about that, but I will try my best to be a vocal instructor there. I already even submitted my name to HyunStar already!" Woohyun brightly said.

"I know I know, and text me sometimes, okay?" His mother replied, smiling and walking to the couch.

The Nam nodded and let out a soft, but genuine smile. "Yes Mom, but don't spoil me too much sometimes, and sometimes you are even babying me, and I am 20 years old." He laughed softly, but he does love his mother of course. 

With his baggage and things prepared, Woohyun waved at his mom who was actually half-pouting to his surprise. He was walking to the door when its bell rang, to which Woohyun immediately responded the opened the door.

 

He widened his eyes seeing that Sungyeol was in front of him and he wasn't even notified. What brought Sungyeol here anyway?

 

"Wow, why in the world did you come here from Seoul and visit my house without me knowing you crazy m--"

"Oi oi." Sungyeol immediately covered Woohyun's mouth. "Goodness, someone is acting like he doesn't know I love to pull surprises. C'mon, let's go already. Your room in the dorm there is ready and clean. It's even better than mine." He dramatically spoke the last sentence.

There came Woohyun's strong poke in his friend's side. "Wanna exchange rooms?" He laughed. "But yeah, alright, then why did you pick me up here when it's pretty much a bit of a long trip to Seoul?"

Sungyeol showed a face that tells "you don't even need to ask because you know". "I don't want my friend to get lost. Seoul is quite big, and someone like you might wander too much that it made me bring myself here. Also, wanna try my lasagna later? I was learning it yesterday at the university."

"Yah. Never mind." Woohyun simply replied, and playfully hit his buddy's arm laughing with Sungyeol bowing to Mrs. Nam with a smile.

The two then went to the train station and they were now heading towards Seoul, and towards what Nam Woohyun really loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At HyunStar Entertainment, same day, at night time

"I think I found someone who can assist me." The guy slightly smirked reading through the registered names on the application.

The secretary then raised her eyebrow, frowning a bit at the choice. "Him? But when he registered, I know he was gonna apply as a vocal instructor, not a producer Myungsoo."

Myungsoo chuckled softly. "Don't worry, he will be also my assistant producer, because our CEO really needs one who can help me, and besides I'm the only producer here so far. Also, he knows me, and he needs to do me a favor, that's for sure, then maybe, I can be the troublemaker to that guy this time. I'll make things hard for him, then I can get back at him. Just wait." There was like a glint in Myungsoo's eyes upon that, and he didn't even notice, that the secretary just weirdly looked at him, and already walked away not knowing what to do with what Kim Myungsoo was saying.

 

Myungsoo sighed, but grinned, or rather smirked looking at the name "Nam Woohyun" again. "Looks like I'll be seeing you again. I won't go easy." He highlighted the name on the paper then went to the CEO Office to make his "special request".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(End of prologue~ Thank you for reading, and I hope you like this ^^ Thank you to the subscribers too :D  And to the ones who support hahaha XD Sorry if it was short and stuff, since this was like a short preview or prologue for now I guess XD But it will be longer on the next chapters ^^ Gonna start working on the next chapter now~

Some more characters might appear in the next chapter or two. XD)