Chapter 3 - Intensify

Sound Check

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning, before class and work hours in HyunStar Ent.

 

Myungsoo has a mini-house in the HyunStar Ent. building, so he pretty much goes to work early since he’s already there when he gets up from bed.

 

He got a call from his long-time friend, Dongwoo, who has been busy with the MC-ing that he’s been focused on, since he got many invitations on that, and he could be even seen on TV at times especially on the highly anticipated shows. Dongwoo is also the kind to know quite a lot about Myungsoo, even when it’s about lovelife.

“How are you Myungsoo-ssi? Have you gotten somebody? Did you see your rival already? What did you do about it? Huh?” Dongwoo spoke in the phone call with already a pack of questions that took Myungsoo aback a bit.

He made a face although they’re on a phone call. “Calm down with the questions Dongwoo-hyung. You’re getting at it so much!” He laughed softly. “Yeah, about Woohyun, I did see him again, and of course , time to act on it. I didn’t let him go that easily, and he’s my assistant producer. I also didn’t allow him to date.” He chuckled. “I was just doing a counterattack you know.”

 

“Really? You didn’t allow him to date also? Why? Do you want him for yourself? Maybe you like Woohyun I see….” Dongwoo teasingly hummed.

 

Myungsoo just scoffed and furrowed his eyebrows. Though, he did wonder why he had that rule in mind. It’s not that he prepared that rule in the first place. He pretty much thought about it when he was in the PD room with Woohyun. He really didn’t know exactly why he actually said that. He shook his head in denial. “What are you trying to say? Not really you know. That’s not the only possible reason for that rule. I can also use that to mess around with his lovelife. Oh, can I mention that he was really taken aback when our lips were “close”? I actually, and yeah, his words got shut for a moment.” He smirked.

 

Dongwoo just chuckled and raised his shoulders at the other side of the phone. “If you say so. We will see about that. We never know, your feelings could be different this time. Who knows? You say your faces were close to each other? I see… so you wanted to kiss him then. Oh Myungsoo~ Looks like I can assume you might have a crush on him.” He continued with his ever-so-sweet teasing, making Myungsoo frown, well Myungsoo was used to it and they tease each other in the usual basis, so there’s no worries, though the younger gets it more often.

 

“Like damn hyung, you’re going at it thinking like that again. Never mind about that. Wanna delete each other’s numbers?” Myungsoo challenged.

“Oi oi…” Dongwoo laughed softly and grinned, still on the phone call. “Calm down, it’s fine it’s fine, I’ll stop already! You know we’ve been friends for a long time….”

 

“Good….” Myungsoo chuckled softly. “Oh wait, it’s already almost working time. I gotta go now. Bye bye.”

Dongwoo responded, “Alright Myungsoo, talk to you next time.” He smiled then hung up the phone call.

Myungsoo was now wondering what to do and how to deal with Assistant PD Nam on their work later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class time, 8:50 am

 

Woohyun was still hanging out at Sunggyu’s desk (Well their desks were near each other’s) since the younger male is getting tense about the teaching demonstration he’ll do 10 minutes from now. He had his lesson plan on the desk and talking about who will he be teaching in front of.

 

“Have some chill there Teacher Woohyun-ssi. It will be alright. You’re doing well already. Just be positive and don’t worry about being nervous. Seriously, where is the cheerful Woohyun now? Did he go somewhere?” Sunggyu chuckled and made a joke.

“Yah hyung.” Woohyun snorted, but let out a chuckle, with some tension because of his about-to-start demo. “I know that, look, I’m still cheerful. I can do this.” He nodded firmly and grinned.

“So go now. There will be some trainees, students, and faculty members who’ll watch including me. I’m supporting you so no worries.” Sunggyu smiled and ruffled the younger male’s hair gently.

Woohyun smiled back lightly, and they went off to the classroom on the third floor for his teaching debut. He’s already accepted, but his outcome, income and position will be up to his performance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A female figure was sitting at the chair in the further right side of the teaching demo classroom, chatting with others and waiting for the newly appointed teacher to enter.

When she turned around to look at Sunggyu going in with Woohyun behind him, her eyes widened immediately, and they saw each other this time.

 

“Eunji?” Woohyun shout-whispered, surprised to see his closest female friend (Sungyeol (maybe Sunggyu also) is his closest male friend) also in the audience. He wondered about this, then remembered that Eunji’s singing is great.

 

“Woohyun..!” Eunji whispered back, and somehow the other teachers and students haven’t noticed Woohyun’s arrival yet, and Sunggyu was looking at the two. “I’m a trainee to debut as an idol here. Long time no see…”                  

 

“You two are close friends?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun in curiosity.

Woohyun just nodded, excitedly, but then the CEO was also there and their conversation had to be held for now. Woohyun mouthed a “talk to you later” to Eunji since class should be starting now, and he bowed to the CEO before settling his things on the teacher’s desk in front. There were about 30 people in the audience all in all, and he looked at Eunji and Sunggyu for more motivation.

 

The CEO, who had his neutral expression, sat in the center then looked closely. “Time to start, Nam Woohyun. You have 30 minutes then you’ll be evaluated. Timer starts now…..”

 

Woohyun cleared his throat first and smiled a bit awkwardly before composing himself with better expression. “Well… Good morning. I’m Nam Woohyun, and I’ll be a teacher for the vocals field and I hope you learn a lot. So first…. I’ll sing a chorus of a song in two ways. Then we will elaborate on the difference. The song is called “Love Letter”. I hope you like it.”

When Woohyun was about to sing, he was already hearing some mumbles in some of the members in the front row, and Sunggyu, who was also at that row, was worried about it.

 

“He seems awkward….”

“Maybe he’s inexperienced and stuff. Can he handle this?”

 

Woohyun just smiled, although he’s affected by the words and it caused his confidence to suffer a bit. He didn’t feel like continuing because he felt discouraged about the silent comments about him.

He paused there, not knowing how to react, and the CEO seemed to be intrigued too, but then Eunji spoke, much to his surprise.

“Let’s listen to him. He’s great in singing and he’ll do it well for you guys… Go!” Eunji half-shouted then gave a thumbs up to Woohyun, with Sunggyu following the motion.

 

With Woohyun seeing the positive gestures, he managed to regain his confidence and start singing as he made a heavy breath. He wanted to show what’s the wrong and correct techniques, so that’s why he sang in two ways. After the first way, he spoke.

 

“As you may have noticed, on the first version I sang, it was nasal and some notes felt strained. So what about if I sing the second version?”

 

Woohyun started singing the same chorus again, but this time, it’s the correct version, and he delivered with a really nice vocal performance again with it. There was emotion this time, and he put techniques and tips to use.

Afterwards his emotional last line of the chorus, he actually earned an applause, and some of those who were mumbling before seemed to be happy and satisfied this time.

He was more excited and relieved at the moment he heard the clapping, and he said “thank you’s” of course, bowing lightly.

 

“The second version, is the one with the correct technique, with the emotional factor of course. So that is the version that we should follow. Then on to the discussion about vocal techniques…”

 

The discussion went on, and it went quite well as it passed by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You did well Woohyun, you got a B+ in the evaluation. That will improve to an A soon for sure.” Sunggyu smiled as they were now in their office again with him telling Woohyun the news.

 

“Yeah… B+ would be a nice start, I’ll get A next time.” Woohyun replied with a soft laugh, and a bright smile.

Woohyun then received a phone call, to which he picked up immediately as he saw the caller’s name.

 

“Heyyyyyyy!”

 

Woohyun jumped a bit in the loudness, the familiar shout. “What’s the matter Sungyeoool? You are damn hyper again!” He snorted.

 

“But I’m excited! How was your evaluation? You did well? Did they like it? What?” Sungyeol spoke really fast though Woohyun understood it well, being the close friends they are.

 

“Yup, they liked it. I got a thumbs up.” Woohyun grinned, happy to say the news.

“Cool! Now that’s more like it. I’m now gonna learn recipes in our cooking session here now, so let’s talk later then you gotta tell what happened there alright? And the stuff you found out!” Sungyeol spoke through the phone call, with the sounds of the pans and plates heard.

Woohyun chuckled softly at his friend’s energy then nodded. “Fine fine! I will, now do well and we’ll taste your dish later~”

“Yes, I’m gonna make two for you and Sunggyu-hyung. You’ll see what it is. Bye then and go go!” Sungyeol smiled and hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The CEO’s secretary walked up to the PD room to do orders and call Myungsoo. “Myungsoo, CEO-nim wants to talk to you for a while.”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow in curiosity, then nodded, thinking what matter is there to talk about. “I will, Ms. Secretary. Do you have an idea what he’ll say to me?”

The secretary just coughed awkwardly, then raised her shoulders slightly. “I don’t have an idea about it yet. We’ll know when we go there.”

Myungsoo agreed as they walked out towards the CEO office.

 

“What is it, Abbeoji?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun was now about to have his work with his so-cool-to-him Myungsoo, and by thinking about that, his thinking is already messing up. He’s kind of frustrated and he’s assuming that the other male might plan on disturbing him for hours once again.

 

While he was walking though, someone caught up to him and took a hold of his arm.

He blinked softly, then turned around to see the male figure. He smiled and bowed at the other.

“Wow Hoya-ssi, what brings you here? I thought you’re busy dancing.” Woohyun chuckled. He saw the neutral and slightly cold expression on Hoya’s face again, but he’s more used to it now knowing their first encounter, and besides, the dancer has his short smile seen too, so he felt more comfortable now.

 

“I was wondering…. Are you free tomorrow? I  thought about…. Knowing each other more, I guess, if you’re fine with it….” Hoya spoke seriously, and a hint of hopefulness in his tone despite still trying to keep his “icy” image.

Woohyun widened his eyes slightly, and this could mean that this is a date that Hoya’s inviting him at. He’s not sure about it, but he thought a date would be fine, and he would have fun with Hoya too. He suddenly remembered Myungsoo’s rule, but being the competitive one he is, he decided to try going against it despite Myungsoo’s antics.

 

“I see… Then sure, I’ll find some vacant time tomorrow. It would be fun.” Woohyun replied, smiling.

“Oh.. then… good. Let’s give our numbers, then you can tell me when can I pick you up.” Hoya simply responded, although he’s actually feeling quite happy and accomplished on the inside because Woohyun’s response to his invitation is generally a “yes”.

After the exchange of numbers, they parted ways since Woohyun has to get to work already, and after that, Hoya immediately told his fellow dancer Momo about it, in the cool way he usually did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At PD room, 3 pm…

 

Though Myungsoo and Woohyun were together working and trying out drafts for composing a dance pop song for a soon-to-debut idol, the atmosphere got silent for a couple of minutes, and that surprised the latter pretty much.

 

Woohyun thought he’s going to be met with immediate pranks or antics or stuff like that.

 

Well it wasn’t long. He was still right.

 

Myungsoo started up his “hobbies” again by scooting closer to Woohyun, then taking the ballpen away from Woohyun’s grip, much to the latter’s glare since that was used for the composed drafts.

 

“Give it back KIM MYUNGSOO.”

“Thanks for acknowledging my name Woohyun-ssi.” Myungsoo just wriggled his eyebrows. “Wait for your boss. I’m here to tell you something so you gotta finish listening to me first before you continue working.”

Woohyun just scoffed and let out a heavy breath. “Fine, mister. Whatever you say.”

“Just wanna tell you, the CEO is my dad, and we talked earlier.” Myungsoo said and hummed softly.

Woohyun’s eyes widened for a moment, since he didn’t expect that the CEO and him are father and son. Well he hadn’t seen them together yet so….

“What? You’re saying that your dad is the CE-“ Woohyun’s exclamation was interrupted when Myungsoo covered his mouth by the hand.

“Be quiet! That is a secret, and you don’t dare to reveal that to others.” Myungsoo whispered firmly, then with his sneaky ways, he travelled his fingers to Woohyun’s chin, scratching it gently. “Look at this cute little….” Myungsoo’s teasing is on.

Woohyun just gave the other male an intense glare, with some visible redness on his cheeks.
 

“Now you’re red. Do you like me?” Myungsoo teasingly smirked, in which Woohyun just shoved the other lightly.

“Shut it out. None of your business.” Woohyun retorted.

“Mm-hm?” Myungsoo just chuckled, unaffected. “Well then, my dad likes you, and though he wants me to find a boyfriend or girlfriend soon. How about… let’s get…. you? I’ll show you to my father, but that means, expect more hard times from me since I have more lead now.” He wiggled his eyebrows teasingly.

“You shouldn’t play around with me. And by the way, I’ll go on a date tomorrow, and please… not your rule.” Woohyun hummed nonchalantly.

Myungsoo had a sudden reaction and pulled Woohyun close to him by the arm, frowning. “With Hoya, right? You don’t say. I told you I’m serious with that rule. You’re not allowed to date.”

Woohyun was confused why the other reacted that way, and he just tried to pull himself back, furrowing his eyebrows. “Why do you even not allow me to date? It’s a date, the usual date!”

Myungsoo was a bit quiet for a moment, because he was thinking of a reason to tell to Woohyun about why he made that rule, but he couldn’t seem to clearly know it either. He felt frustrated, then let go of Woohyun’s arm, being serious this time.

 

“You will know, but I just wanna tell you that I’m not jealous. Maybe… messing with your… lovelife.” Myungsoo muttered, then continued working, and for some reason, he was a bit awkward afterwards and silent.

Woohyun wondered what it was all about and what’s the reason, but he sighed and decided to focus on his work.

 

Both of them just continued on working silently until finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun finished his work and went outside of the PD room, and it was a nice composition that he made somehow. He’s starting to get the hang of it. The atmosphere was a bit awkward between him and Myungsoo for some reason though.

He was gonna go to his office with Sunggyu before going home when a male figure pulled him to the side, making him lean to the wall.

 

“What do you want?” Woohyun frowned, a bit surprised.

“Well I was just observing, and you need to have some clearing, obviously.” The unrevealed male figure spoke, then clicked his tongue a few times.

Woohyun just mumbled in his mind at the moment.

“Who are you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Chapter 3 now~ ^^ I hope you like it, and I give another big thanks to the subscribers, readers, support, and upvotes! I'll keep doing my best and write :) So there is a mystery character towards the end, and that character is actually not shown in the character description in my foreword, so he will be revealed soon~ Many more happenings to come, and about the relationships XD Thank you again and hwaiting~! I'll work on the next chapter as soon as I can XD