Chapter 1 - Sweet Encounter

Sound Check

At Seoul Train Stop, Dinner time…

Sungyeol immediately dragged Woohyun quite enthusiastically to the restaurant beside the train stop after they arrived in Seoul. Woohyun was mesmerized for a moment. For sure, it felt different for him seeing how a night in Seoul looks like. The view and sights made him a lot more excited than he thought he would be.

Woohyun then noticed his friend stepping to the take-out counter instead, giving Sungyeol a weird look as he was hugging his backpack and wheeling the luggage he has.

 

“I’m hungry.. Why do we have to take out if the nice seats are there inside?” Woohyun snorted.

As the beef pieces were taken out though while the container is still open, the taller buddy picked up a strip and shoved it on Woohyun’s mouth, and of course, Sungyeol received a fiery hit on his arm this time, but knowing the culinary student, the taller male just laughed.

“You said you were hungry. So I did just the right thing for you.” Sungyeol hummed innocently and stuck his tongue out.

Woohyun just rolled his eyes, laughing. “Whatever. C’mon, the beef and ramen are gonna get cold. Why take-out by the way?”

Sungyeol then took the foods then carried them properly, gasping softly. “Oh….! Right, I forgot that I didn’t tell you about it. Sunggyu-hyung is also at the dorm, and we’ll bring some to him. And also…” He pouted on the edge of aegyo. “I don’t have ingredients at my room to cook for you right now, so I bought these.. Wanna pay for my groceries then? I’m gonna cook fish fillets tomorrow.”

Woohyun didn’t hesitate to turn around and start walking with his luggage quickly. “Bye.” He grinned.

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes, running towards the other male. “Hey! Where are you going?” He laughed softly and caught up to his buddy.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the dorm…

“Woohyun-ssi? You’re moving here?” Sunggyu, who was Woohyun and Sungyeol’s sunbae, said while sipping the soup of his ramen with them at the dorm’s mini lounge.

All three looked at how much Woohyun brought with the luggage, then he chuckled. “Yes hyung, well you can see it. I wanna do the audition for HyunStar Entertainment so I can be a vocal instructor.”

Sunggyu looked up, grinning. “Really? Do you know that I also have that same job?”

“I expected and didn’t expect it at the same time. Well you know, I was surprised that I might work with you too hyung, but I was fanboying over your singing at high school.” Woohyun laughed softly, and he’s more relieved that someone close to him like Sunggyu is already there to be one of the workers, so that he wouldn’t be too awkward later on.

Sunggyu then nudged the younger’s side lightly. “You wouldn’t know where would I be working though.” He chuckled. “I went home from HyunStar a few hours ago, and I heard you being recommended. Looks like a nice head start.” He patted the younger male on the back, smiling.

“That’s cool.” Woohyun smiled in approval, then he noticed Sungyeol’s bowl empty, with a sour expression, in a playful way though.

“Yah. I feel like I’m going to go crazy not being able to talk here. You guys weren’t paying attention to me.” The tallest male let out a snort.

“You had enough already. Chill down yo~” Woohyun laughed and joked, and Sungyeol wanted to chase the other at the moment so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes, they went back to their dorm rooms.

Since Woohyun was already given an orientation by his two buddies, he already settled his things on his own room.

It was simple, but comfortable and nice in his opinion. The bed was fluffy as he plopped on it, and there’s a blue rectangular table he could work at, with other more things.

He was kind of tired already, and he changed to his sleeping clothes with his clothes set on the closet already, before laying down on the bed.

He texted to his mother, as he remembered the reminder.

 

~~~To: Umma~~~

“I arrived. Things are going well, and I hope it’s also good there mom.”

~~~From: Nam Woohyun~~~

Woohyun put the phone on the mini stool.

He was excited for his audition tomorrow, and finally, he will take a great step to his music dream. He made sure that he will sing his song piece well.

 

It didn’t take long though before he silently fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun was still in his nice sleep when he heard loud knocks that probably could reach three rooms from his.

“What is it?” He groaned a bit, slowly walking towards the door to swing it open, scratching his head gently.

 

“Well damn, do you want to get an automatic kickout from your audition? Get going and prepare for the audition! Sunggyu-hyung already went there for his work, and you only have 20 minutes you sleepyhead!” Sungyeol spoke immediately, shaking Woohyun’s shoulders.

Woohyun just stared absentmindedly, then flinched. “Oh! 20 minutes? Wait wait, I’ll take a shower!” He quickly took his towel from the rack then went inside the bathroom, shutting the door closed.

Sungyeol sighed, chuckling. “Do well on the audition and don’t be late!! I’m going to school! And endorse my dishes when you get there!” He shouted for Woohyun to hear, laughing before heading off since he has classes at his university for the whole morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun did make it on the HyunStar Ent. on time, and he was in awe with how it looked on the front view and even on the inside.

He went through the glass door then it was all versions of nice and elegant. No wonder he wanted to work here so much besides his love for music.

He can see some students in their uniforms playing instruments in the music room (since the glass windows are pretty big) and also the offices for the staff. His eyes were sparkling at the moment. He would like to see how the recording studio looked like though, especially with a vocalist like himself.

Woohyun was a bit nervous, well quite nervous. He would bow a bit shakily to the people he passed by, then he was about to look at the directory to find the audition room and CEO room when he felt a hand on his arm.

 

“Hey, are you lost?”

 

“You kidding me Sunggyu-hyung?” Woohyun turned to the older male with a raise on his eyebrow, to which Sunggyu laughed softly in response.

“Just playing around kiddo.” Sunggyu chuckled and the younger made a face, but gave in to a laugh anyway. “You know, Woohyun, I’ll take you to the audition room already. The vocal class I’m going to hold is still two hours later. I can see some auditionees lining up already, so you might not want to lose the slot.”

Woohyun nodded in response and smiled. “Sure, I need to go already!”

Sunggyu then gestured the other to follow him as they stepped on the escalator since the application/audition room is located on the second floor. The building is quite wide, and from what Woohyun saw, it has five floors in total.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were already in front of the application room waiting for Woohyun’s turn with the others also sitting on the benches with their application forms. There was a speaker and a TV screen for all to see who is currently auditioning and how the things are going.

“Aish Woohyun, you definitely can top that singing right?” Sunggyu looked at the screen, pertaining to the voice of the male there who is applying to be a vocal student.

“Gosh hyung, he will be accepted. I mean he’s applying as a student and his skills can be improved. They’re probably testing what he could do at the moment.” Woohyun narrowed his eyes, nodding firmly.

“I know that of course.” Sunggyu laughed then when the auditionee was finished, then suddenly, the female announcer was heard through the speaker.

 

“#10 For Vocal Instructor: Nam Woohyun.”

 

“Oh shoot.” Woohyun was taken aback a bit since he didn’t expect the audition to be in random order. “Phew… Gotta go then hyung, I’ll do my best.” He smiled and took a heavy breath.

“Hwaiting Woohyun. You can do it of course.” Sunggyu grinned. “And see me in my office in the third floor to tell me the news, I am going to be busy listening to my favorite music. Gotta warm up my vocals too. Erm…” He coughed a bit, then Woohyun laughed.

“Alright alright go on hyung, see you!” Woohyun waved before opening the door on the way to a wondrous moment of his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Woohyun sang the last lines of his self-composed song “Everyday”, and singing with his heart, the CEO, the secretary, and another head mentor, Sandeul, who were the three judges, clapped gently.

The secretary then whispered to the CEO, “Now I see why Myungsoo recommended this guy. Should we give him two jobs though?”
 

The CEO just raised his shoulders, then looked at Sandeul for him to give a comment.

“That’s a really nice vocal performance. It would be nice to have you as a vocal instructor, though I thought you would be my student.” Sandeul commented, letting out a soft laugh.

Woohyun spoke a “thanks” to the mentor, and he was really happy with the positive response. He’s praying internally and jumping around also internally that he could get the job. He would passionately do his work and he would do a lot for this.

The CEO then cleared his throat, eyeing at Woohyun’s application form carefully, before looking at the Nam seriously.

 

“You’re in. You’re now one of the vocal instructors.”

 

Woohyun tried to keep a calm, soft face when he got the news, but deep inside he was celebrating so much already. He smiled and bowed to the judges, nodding. “Thank you, I’ll do my best.”

The CEO continued, “And you seem to be promising in work too. Also, you’ll get the job in one condition….. Do you compose and produce music?”

Woohyun was a bit intrigued by the condition. He wondered what is it that he had to do to fully get the job, and what does it have do with composing. “Well… I do compose music, though I’m not that skilled at it yet.”

“I see. That is fine to start with. I’m basically asking you to have two jobs. Besides your vocal teaching, I want you to be the assistant of our PD and composer here. He’ll help you out with the producing so it will be fine. He’ll teach you. He’s the one who recommended you by the way. He really wanted you to be the assistant producer.”

What? Woohyun thought. He wondered if that certain producer knew him for real, because he couldn’t think of a person in this place who will do that. He doesn’t have an idea about it. He’s damn curious though. He wanted to find out and see the “PD” as soon as possible.

 

Nevertheless, he thought he would like the second job too. He smiled brightly. “Yes CEO-nim, I accept the job.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A familiar figure walked up to see the screen with Woohyun in it, then she furrowed his eyebrows. “New staff? He sang really well.”

 

A male figure beside her nodded softly, having a straight face. “Yeah… He’s also nice-looking.”

 

“You still have that poker face of yours like seriously. Why don’t you loosen up a bit? Laugh even for a second!” The female laughed softly and slightly nudged the male, to which the male responded with a slight smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohyun, who was still giddy and excited, was about to tell Sunggyu about his successful audition, but he remembered what the CEO told him, which was to go to the recording studio to see the producer first. Containing his happiness, he went down to the ground floor to head off there.

He was still so happy, and he couldn’t believe that he got two jobs in a prestigious musical place like this. He’ll also have his own office space. He is certainly more motivated to do his best and also help out his mother in financial ways.

As he opened the door to the recording studio slowly, he saw the figure facing away from him. It was a bit awkward for him, but he bowed and smiled softly anyway, hoping that the PD isn’t too strict and cold.

 He cleared his throat. “Good morning, PD-ni---“ He interrupted his own words when he saw the male PD turning his chair, as he finally saw who the PD is. He can’t believe it. “Ack! I should have asked who the PD is!” He mumbled to himself.

 

“Hi. I’m PD Myungsoo.” Myungsoo was spinning his pen, then showed a cheeky smile, but at the same time, eyes of intensity, to which Woohyun gulped.

 

“You’re the PD?! What are you doing in here?” Woohyun shouted, rolling his eyes. “Whatever idiot. I’m going out now, thank you.”

Woohyun twisted the door knob when it was already locked, much to his surprise, then he saw Myungsoo holding a remote. Looks like doors got more high tech.

“What are you saying? You’re my assistant. So what about do all your work here first before I let you leave?” The taller PD hummed in response.

Woohyun just facepalmed in frustration then sighed heavily. The guy he’s dealing with was his nemesis, and he’s still all fired up from it. “Damn you.” He sitted on the vacant chair when he suddenly jumped, groaning. “Ow, what the heck was that?” He then picked up the pin attached to the chair, making him give a cold glare at Myungsoo. “Pinning me is a childish idea you crazy idiot. Now let me do my work.”

 

Myungsoo just chuckled, then had a mischievous smirk worn on his face. He gripped Woohyun’s arms then actually pinned them to the table, tightening his hold then leaning closer to Woohyun’s face teasingly.

 

“What…? Is pinning you like this a childish idea?” Myungsoo whispered, and Woohyun was still struggling to get off, glaring at the taller male. Their lips were only a few inches away, and Myungsoo was still moving closer to the point their lips are gonna brush when a knock on the door was suddenly heard.

 

“Aish…” Woohyun immediately moved past the other when Myungsoo loosened the grip to open the door with his remote. He then saw the secretary, who spoke, “Is everything going fine between you two?”

Woohyun’s eyesight shifted different ways then responded weirdly. “Yes Ms. Secretary.. I think… I think I’ll go to my office now, thank you!” He bowed slightly and quickly got out of the room, walking quickly to calm himself down from what happened.

 

The secretary then furrowed her eyebrows. “What’s the matter with him though?”

Myungsoo chuckled softly and shook his head. “Nothing. Just that somehow, I think I could make him follow me. It’s been two years, and look, he’s cuter.” He smirked. “Way to hit his weakness.” He nodded and clapped his hands.

The secretary made a face again, and obviously she wasn’t buying Myungsoo’s speeches, so she left the room before the male knew.

 

It is definitely going to be “long” days for Woohyun after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There~ An update ^^ Thank you for reading, the comments and the subscribers~ You guys motivate me :) I hope you like this :) I'll keep doing my best~ I also hope that it gets an upvote soon *bricked* XD. Gonna work on the next chapter now, and ALSO: Who do you guys think was the "male" figure and the "female" figure who watched Woohyun's audition in the screen? :) Send your thoughts? ^^ (a character or two to appear in the next chapter :D ) Thank you ^^