Chapter 5 - Build-Up

Sound Check

~~Next day~~

Before Woohyun would worry about his “immediate” date with Myungsoo, he had his classes to teach, and at this day, he’s with Sunggyu to lead the lessons. It turned out fine as usual, and they were having fun, especially with the singing stuff they were doing.

 

“Okay… So let’s have a short break and relax ourselves. That was a great vocal drill.” Woohyun clapped and smiled at the students, then since it’s rest for the moment, a long-haired tall girl raised her hand for a question.

 

“Um… Mr. Nam, can you do some skinship? A lot of idols do it right?” The girl asked, with a tone of curiosity.

Woohyun chuckled softly and he thought it was right. He watched K-Pop shows and stuff, and he knows those stuff well also. “Skinship? Well sure… Sunggyu-hyung, you gotta come here first.”

 

“Hm? So you’re gonna do skinship with me, right?” Sunggyu laughed softly as he stood up from his desk and walked towards Woohyun, putting his arm around the latter’s shoulder.

“Of course, who else am I gonna go for it with?” Woohyun gave a grin, then Sunggyu did the initiative and gave Woohyun a backhug on the waist. Woohyun then touched Sunggyu’s cheek gently with eye contact, and it made some students squeal in excitement.

“We should ship our teachers!” A student exclaimed, and the others were talking about it too, and even some male students too.

 

The two teachers looked at each other and gave each other a laugh.

Sunggyu then took over and spoke. “Alright guys, so remember the activity we’ll be doing on the next session. Some will sing a duet with me, then some with Woohyun-ssi. We will give the song pieces to be performed and practiced. Do your best and hwaiting, alright?”

The students nodded approvingly with a “Yes”, then they started the second part of their music class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo was actually excited for the date, but also a bit worried at the same time. He’s willing to win Woohyun’s feelings, but he also hopes he’s doing it right.  After he did his PD stuff, he went to the café to meet with his cousin, Sungjong.

 

“So… hyung, I already reserved a table for you guys. You weren’t telling me that you like someone already and you kissed.” Sungjong chuckled and tapped his fingers gently on the table.

Myungsoo gave a look and raised his eyebrow. “What kissed? We didn’t do that!” He made a face, but now that Sungjong told that, he had thoughts about the time their lips were quite close in touchi-

 

He tried his best to shake those thoughts off for a while.

 

“Calm down hyung, I was just kidding. I was just curious at how you’ll react, and I got the most awaited reaction.” Sungjong laughed, then received a slight flick on his forehead.

“My cousin is getting more stubborn and teasing. You might want to tone it down, and I’m here.” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes.

“Yes sir.” Sungjong playfully replied. “I’m gonna behave well.” He smiled.

“That’s good.” Myungsoo nodded and ruffled Sungjong’s hair. “This cousin is really…” He laughed softly.

Sungjong then chuckled and stood up. “That’s me. I think I have to go. The rest is up to you. I hope your date goes well.”

Myungsoo smiled softly and replied. “Thanks, I’ll get going too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Woohyun went out of the office after his teaching duties, Myungsoo was already waiting outside, extending a hand and grinning.

 

“Right on time. Let’s go.” Myungsoo took Woohyun’s hand on his immediately then started walking.

Woohyun was still a bit surprised and he followed along Myungsoo’s grip, but he didn’t try to get away this time. Somehow, they were really rivals and there were messes, but he thought that maybe he could date Myungsoo and see if the other male is being serious about it and if Myungsoo does really like him.

 

“Where are we going?” Woohyun asked, looking at Myungsoo.

“We’re gonna eat somewhere nice, cute person.” Myungsoo chuckled softly and leaned closer as they walked beside each other.

Woohyun couldn’t help but get a bit red, and he nudged Myungsoo afterwards. “What was that nickname?” He raised his eyebrow.

Myungsoo just laughed softly then smirked slightly. “A nickname that suits you.” He then got to the parking lot, approaching a car.

Woohyun widened his eyes slightly as Myungsoo opened the car door for him. “Is this car yours?”

 

Myungsoo just shrugged and smiled cheekily. “You can say that. Just get in.”

Woohyun gave a look at the other male, before sighing softly and stepping inside the luxury car. It was like a different feeling to it.

 

The taller male then proceeded to the other side and started the engine, driving out of the parking lot and moving on to the road.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow, asking in curiosity. “Do you “have” a driving license though?” He put on his seatbelt afterwards.

“I wouldn’t be driving right now if I didn’t. I am not that desperate, Nam Woohyun.” Myungsoo chuckled softly looking through the road, then the other just leaned back with a narrow look on his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later, they already have arrived in their destination, and the place appeared to be a special-looking one. For sure, Woohyun felt that the foods there are probably expensive.

 

“This is… prestigious.” Woohyun stared through the window.

Myungsoo smiled and stopped the engine, remaining cool as the usual. “You are worrying about stuff a lot today. It’s no problem, I could handle the payments.”

Woohyun made a face, pretty much concerned about how much Myungsoo would spend for this date. It made him feel Myungsoo’s efforts and willingness a lot more though. “You are going for this a lot more than I expected. You really wanted me to date you?”

 

Myungsoo hummed softly, and reacted as if saying that it wasn’t needed to be answered. After all, the more he was spending time with Woohyun, the more he thought that he likes the other male for real and seriously. He got out of the car to open the door on Woohyun’s side. “There are reasons why I prepared a lot for this date, right? It might be sudden and not obvious, but I am quite happy that you’re with me on this date. Maybe you too?” He wriggled his eyebrows teasingly.

 

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows, prompting him to give Myungsoo a light flick on the forehead, making the latter glare slightly, but rather in a playful manner.

 

“What did you just do?” Myungsoo retorted, rubbing his forehead gently.

Woohyun raised his hands, and to be honest, he gets scared of Myungsoo at times. “H-hey… You kept teasing me anyway. That was a soft flick mister.”

Myungsoo just smirked softly and guided Woohyun out, then wrapped an arm around the male’s shoulder as they went inside the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two approached the head waitress at the front to bring them to the reserved table.

 

“Table for Mr. Nam and Mr. Kim?” The bright waitress bowed and gave a warm smile that lit up the atmosphere.

Myungsoo nodded slightly, smiling back and still in his one-arm hug around his “date”.

The waitress then gave an approval and spoke quietly but enough for the two males to hear. “Are the two of you in a relationship?”

 

Myungsoo had his smirk worn in a second. “Almost. Maybe,” followed by a cheeky grin, which earned him a strong nudge from the other male.

“Not yet, miss.” Woohyun replied politely and smiled, and then his “date” was staring at him with a chuckle.

“He’s just denying it but you know he likes me.” Myungsoo told the waitress in a calm manner, and that caused a heavy bickering between the “dates”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they were brought to their table, the foods were already served, and the aroma of the dishes were pleasing, and even to the sight. Woohyun was quite overwhelmed with the arrangement as it was really well-done and top-notch.

 

“Wow… How much were all of these?” Woohyun then sat at the other side of the table and looked at the foods in awe.

 

“Eat well. The amount was fine. I already paid so settle down already.” Myungsoo laughed softly and patted Woohyun’s head, earning a narrow-eyed stare from the latter.

When they started eating, there were glances at each other time by time, especially Myungsoo, until the conversation started.

 

“So… what do you do besides your work?” Myungsoo rested his arms on the table for a while chewing on his steak piece, leaning closer.

Woohyun didn’t know how he would answer, but he thought that the other male was serious and this would be a nice way for them to know about each other. “I do listen to music a lot and I cook sometimes. I read books and some sports to play too. I dance too. And you…?” He took a sip of the melon juice.

Myungsoo tilted his head before responding, smiling excitedly compared to his usual state. “Music, dancing, working out, or travelling. By the way, how about you cook for me then?” He raised his eyebrow, grinning.

 

Woohyun crossed his arms and hummed lightly. “Hmm… I’m only gonna do that if we become lovers.” He made a slightly funny face.

Myungsoo smirked slightly, and had a chuckle. “So that basically means, we’re gonna be lovers. You’re having that in mind, right?”

The vocal teacher just had a slight eyeroll, with an actual hint of smile in his lips before continuing on eating.

 

The taller male then noticed some sauce at the corner of Woohyun’s lips, so he got his table napkin and stood up to reach the other male’s lips, wiping the sauce.

 

“You had sauce on your lips.” Myungsoo said after wiping, but he didn’t retreat back afterwards. Instead, he found himself leaning closer and staring at Woohyun’s lips, about to kiss.

Woohyun was a bit caught at the moment, and he found himself staying in his position and looking back at Myungsoo despite the fact that they are inches away from kissing.

Woohyun already could feel Myungsoo’s breath, and the latter already tilted his head, ready for their lips to touch. Woohyun was already slightly reddened, and probably a second was only needed to get the kiss, but a voice startled them and caused Myungsoo to immediately place himself in his seat.

 

Have some dessert, enjoy!” The waitress served the cake slices on the table, then looked at the two as if she completely knew what was happening. “Um… I interrupted your moment, didn’t I?”

Myungsoo suddenly got a bit awkward and cleared his throat, before smiling and shaking his head gently. “Well… uh, nah, it’s fine, there’s no problem with it.”

Woohyun just nodded along, still absorbed and red by the scene that he experienced just earlier, then the waitress just chuckled.

 

“If you guys say so. Have a nice meal!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The date turned out to be more comfortable for both as time passed by, and by the time that they arrived back at the HyunStar building just before their work shift at the PD room, Woohyun was fine and didn’t mind the taller male’s arm around his waist this time.

 

“Thanks for coming to the date with me,” Myungsoo smiled softly as he mumbled that to the other.

Woohyun could have made a face, but he ended up chuckling this time instead of his playful glares. “No, problem…? But where was the confident Myungsoo earlier? You suddenly got more sincere.” He laughed softly.

 

Myungsoo replied with an arched eyebrow. “Oh really…? I’m still “Myungsoo”, and I was always that sincere even before we got to the restaurant.” He poked Woohyun’s ticklish side, causing the latter to let out a muffled laugh from the tickling reaction.

They then stopped in their walk when a male figure greeted them, and it turned out that he was Hoya, and Myungsoo’s expression changed, especially that he knew Hoya and Woohyun’s state lately.

 

“You guys went on a date?” Hoya asked, with a rather slight sharpness in his tone, but he was smiling slightly, though staring at Myungsoo’s hand on Woohyun’s waist.

Myungsoo chuckled softly and smiled (half-smirk). “Yeah… It was really fun and nice for both of us.” By the way the two were speaking, it would be calm, but Woohyun felt some tension around him despite that.

 

“Well… That’s good. I’ll see you guys then.” Hoya waved slightly and smiled warmly, albeit a cold expression. He then looked at Woohyun and smiled. “See you too, and I have something to talk about with you later, alright? How about come to the dance practice room?”

Woohyun responded immediately and nodded. “Of course Hoya, I’ll get to it. I’ll see you there then! And I would want to watch your dance again.” He smiled, although he could already feel something off in Hoya’s actions as he looked at the other. Myungsoo wasn’t that amused at their plan to meet up though.

 

Hoya then walked towards the upper floor, before the two continued going towards the PD room.

 

“You should know that I get kind of possessive and strict sometimes.” Myungsoo looked at Woohyun seriously, and the latter got some goosebumps at that.

“And…. You’re talking about my closeness to Hoya, aren’t you?” Woohyun raised his eyebrow, but he was also thinking deeply about it, since he didn’t know that he would have to deal in a love triangle where he is the center.

 

“Yup. When I like someone, I like them to pay more attention towards me. Mine.” Myungsoo firmly spoke, and his serious tone was definitely noticeable.

Woohyun just smirked and nudged Myungsoo to the side before walking quickly. “So you happen to be that type of guy, aren’t you?”

Myungsoo’s mood got better though, seeing Woohyun being all fun again. He chuckled and smirked, gaining speed to follow the other male. “Don’t test me, Woohyun-ah~” They then happened to have a slight chase-fest towards the PD room, where they started their work and compositions again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours later….

Myungsoo and Woohyun parted ways after their producing duties, and the former almost snuck a peck while Woohyun was busy, but random stuff interrupted them. Midway, Woohyun was also called by the CEO, and it was definitely good news.

He took out his phone to call Sungyeol, who’s probably in the dorm by now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Like seriously, Yeol, it was awesome! I’ll get to have a performance with head mentor Sandeul-hyung at HyunStar’s showcase three weeks from now!” Woohyun excitedly spoke through the phone.

 

“Wait… aren’t the trainees or students the ones who participate in the showcase?” Sungyeol asked in a calm tone, to which Woohyun scrunched his nose and furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“You sounded like you weren’t happy. My ever close friend, that was a nice question to ask after what I said. Great.” Woohyun replied with a sarcastic tone, then Sungyeol’s signature laugh was heard. “It’s a special mentor performance, and there were only three performance slots the mentors and teachers to occupy. Sandeul-hyung and I got one of those slots, yes~~~~!” Woohyun had his celebratory tone activated, with slight fanboy tone too.

“I was just kidding Woohyun!” Sungyeol laughed softly. “Of course that’s awesome! Im’ma be here to support you all the way, and tell me if the showcase is gonna be broadcasted on TV, because I’ll stay tuned to it! Help me with my cooking assignment later please?”

 

Woohyun narrowed his eyes and made a face, before laughing. “Alright alright mister! I will help you when I get back there at the dorm, and that was totally nice! I knew my close friend is gonna be there for me though he’s full of randomness. Hwaiting!”

Sungyeol then also had a laugh, grinning. “Hey~! You get random too at times! Thanks, I’m expecting you later, and do well on that showcase!”

 

The conversation between the two actually got longer than expected, and lasted for more than ten minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few moments later…

Woohyun made his way to the dance practice room, and he already saw Hoya dancing precisely to the music with his dancing prowess.

When Hoya saw the other, he stopped and approached Woohyun, smiling slightly and wiping his sweat.

 

“You’re quite early actually.” Hoya spoke.

“Is that a good thing then?” Woohyun chuckled softly then handed over the water bottle to Hoya from the cooler on the side.

Hoya started drinking, then sat on the floor, leaning to the wall. He patted the space beside him, gesturing for the other male to sit along.

 

Woohyun then followed and settled on the floor.

“Let’s set our date?” Hoya chuckled softly, but then, his expression changed to a serious and firm one, leaning closer to Woohyun with an intense stare. “I have something to ask though.”

 

Woohyun could feel himself heating up a bit again, but he didn’t retreat back despite the closer distance, speaking calmly, but internally worried of what the question will be. “What is it?”

 

“Who do you like better? Me, or Myungsoo?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back~ Here's the update for chapter 5 - Build-Up, I hope you like it~ I'm really sorry for not updating for almost two weeks ;; Something came up, and I got really occupied, but right now I'm more vacant, and here :) Thank you for reading, subscribing, upvotes, and many more good stuff! ^^ I'll do my best, and what were your thoughts about this? The date? Hoya's question? And stuff? haha XD I'll work on the next update as soon as I can, see you :D