(9) The begininng

The Affair

 

 

A soft knock was heard. “Somin-ah, are you awake?” Eunjung asked from the other side of the door.

 

Ah, it’s already morning. Somin blinked her eyes few times before she decided to move her stiff body.  God! She felt tiredness consuming her wholly. After Hyunjoong’s sudden proposal, in order to avoid him, Somin thought that spending a night at Eunjung’s house was the best option. Her heart wasn’t strong enough to face him again. Her hope- Her doubt- They were all collided.

 

“Somin-ah?”
 

“Um- Yes, Eonni.” Somin rubbed her face. “Come in.” She sat onto the bed.

 

Click- The door was opened. “Eh, look at your face.” Eunjung hurriedly moved closer to Somin and sat in front of her. “You didn’t even manage to close your eyes last night, huh?”

 

Somin smiled slightly. You are right, Eonni. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t close my eyes. His words kept on running inside my mind.

 

“How are you?” Eunjung asked, feeling concern. Who would guest, this woman in front of her had a stressful and broken-hearted past? Eunjung felt thankful that her story was much more better than Somin’s.

 

“I’ve been better.” Somin muttered.

 

Eunjung smiled. “Well- Last night was quite shocking.” She giggled. Hyunjoong- The Kim Hyunjoong- seriously created some drama last night.

 

Somin lowered her head- Shocking indeed. She never thought that Hyunjoong would bluntly admit that they shared the same history- that he once hurt Somin- that he was the reason of Somin’s tears. And, the most shocking was of course when he proposed. How confusing!

 

“Eunjung- Somin-“

Eunjung and Somin turned their faces and saw Jung Eomma walked into the room and took place beside Somin. “Oh darling—“ She hugged Somin. “I heard from Changmin and Eunjung. My baby—“

 

“I am sorry. I called Jung Eomma. I thought that she should know.” Eunjung said.

 

“That’s ok, Eonni. And thank you. Yes- I need my Eomma.” Somin leaned into Jung Eomma’s embrace, looking for comfort.

 

Jung Eomma whispered, “Somin-ah, Hyunjoong met me early in the morning, before I headed here.”

Somin’s body became rigid. Hyunjoong-

 

“He asked for my permission- He explained to me his plan.” Jung Eomma pushed Somin a little and stared deep into her eyes. “He wants you to be his wife- in front of God. I never doubt his love for you, Somin-ah. And, I know you still love him no matter what.”

 

Somin stayed mum. Everything that Jung Eomma said was right. In her heart, she agreed to it. Hyunjoong loved her, and she loved him back equally.

 

“I never saw him like that for so long. He was so much alive and determined. It was like the old Hyunjoong was back.”

 

“Eomma-“ Somin started to cry again. She wanted to run to him too. She wanted to be with him. Being separated from him for so long burnt her inside out slowly. But, she had fear. The fact that he was somebody’s husband held her for going to him.

 

“Everything has consequences, darling. When you decide to let him go- When you decide to give him a chance-“ She caressed Somin’s hair. “I am sure you’ve learned it the hardest way. Now, it is up to you.”

 

“Eomma- I- am- still-“ Somin hiccupped. “I- have fear.”

 

“Your sadness broke my heart more.” Jung Eomma had tears at her eyes. “I want you to be happy.”

“And, so do I.”
Eunjung butted in and giggled.

 

Somin and Jung Eomma looked at Eunjung’s happy face and chuckled lightly.

 

“Well- I already heard the whole story-“ Eunjung grinned. “And, according to me, forgive my selfishness- It is all fair in love and war. Plus, it is obvious that Hyunjoong belongs to you from the very start. That woman plotted something- She staged it all!”

 

“Eonni-“
 

“Admit it, Somin-ah. You know it too.” Eunjung said. “If I knew you sooner- Ah no need to talk about the past-“ Eunjung took Somin’s hands. “Take it, Somin-ah. Take him. Say yes to his proposal. You can become his truly wife in front of God.”

Somin looked at her Eomma and tilted her head. “Can I?” She whispered.

 

 

 



“Well- You finally come into senses, Hyunjoong-ah. That’s my brilliant brother!” Jaejoong grinned widely after he heard the news from Hyunjoong- that he proposed to Somin last night. FINALLY!! Finally he decided to take an action- a very good one. Well- Jaejoong already thought about it once, but no- he didn’t want to suggest Hyunjoong about it. Hyunjoong should be the one who decided it.

 

Hyunjoong laughed happily. “The idea rushed into me when a friend shared about her history with her husband- the wife in front of God. Hyung, why I didn’t think about it before?”

 

“You were becoming idiot back there as I told you.” Jaejoong mocked him.

 

Hyunjoong grinned. “Yes, Hyung. I lost my everything the moment I lost her. Now, I cannot lose her again.” He sighed. “You told me to keep still- Waiting for her to reopen her heart. Waiting for the right moment- But, I can’t. I can’t, Hyung. I am afraid that she will slip from my hands again.”

 

Jaejoong shook his head. Hyunjoong was stubborn. Well- the whole Kim was stubborn. “Tell me about that noisy brat’s reaction?”


Hyunjoong played with his pen. “Somin is still in doubt. But- I won’t walk back. I will move forward. Her friends know detail about Somin and me. I have this feeling that they accept me. I will use them to get to Somin.”

 

“Have you talked to Jung Eomma?”

 

“Yes. She believes in me, Hyung. I am truly relieved that she believes in me.”

 

“Awesome.” Jaejoong knew Jung Eomma. He also knew that Jung Eomma loved Hyunjoong for her daughter. “Now Hyunjoong-ah, listen to me. I give you three days to win her. Claim her. Wed her.” Jaejoong turned serious. “Three days.”

 

Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes. “What’s wrong?”

 

Jaejoong rubbed his chin, calculating. “Dong reported to me news. That my suspicions are true.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Your wife cheated. She slept with someone else.”

 

“Please tell me you have it recorded?”

 

“I have. But- I still have to know the deal between her and Eomma.“ Jaejoong carefully said. “Don’t rush anything but your moves to Somin, Hyunjoong-ah. Do you hear me?”

“Yes, hyung. I understand.”

 

“Good.” Jaejoong smiled. “Even though it breaks my heart that I won’t witness your wedding with that noisy brat- But, I fully support you. Be happy, Hyunjoong-ah. And, come back here with her- My only sister in law. I miss her too.”

 

“Yes, Hyung. And, Thank you. Thank you so much for everthing.”

 

 

 

 

“And, I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

 

Hyunjoong released long and relief breath before he turned his body and faced Somin. Instantly, their misted eyes found each other’s. “I love you.” Hyunjoong muttered before he dropped a single tear to his cheek.

 

“I love you.” Somin mouthed to him and started to cry.

 

Hyunjoong engulfed her petite figure and hugged her tightly. “I love you- God, I love you.” Hyunjoong said before he poured Somin’s face with kisses. “I won’t let you go again. Sweetheart, I love you.”

Somin grabbed Hyunjoong’s shirt and met their lips.

 

 

 


The last update for this week
I've decided.. I might update this story at weekend only
Thank youuu

 

Care to share the next scene you have in mind regarding this story?