(10) The starting

The Affair

 

 

“I love you— thank you for taking me back. Somin, I will never let you go— never again.”

 

Somin stared at pointless spot. Her mind was busy revisiting what she experienced these last few days. From the moment Hyunjoong showed up until last night. It felt that everything happened so fast that at the moment, she lost track. Yesterday was their marriage day; just a day after Hyunjoong sudden proposal. They were married now. Hyunjoong and Somin were husband and wife in front of God as they claimed it. There was no turning back. Finally, they found each other; they were home, at each other arms.

 

Hyunjoong stirred at his sleep, gaining Somin’s attention. She looked at him then smiled softly. Husband- She tried to push away her doubt and guilty feeling. The fear of marrying someone else husband vanished. Somin decided to be selfish. Forgive me God— please allow me to feel happy. I love him so much. Forgive me. Her eyes misted with tears. It seemed that what was right and wrong switch places. Somin felt wrong but also it felt so right. And last night~ she felt so loved and worshiped. Hyunjoong finally took her, turned her into women, made her his-wife, fully. Somin lifted her hand and touched Hyunjoong’s face softly. God, I love him.

 

Her simple gesture made Hyunjoong opened his eyes. He instantly found Somin’s smiling face. His heart felt calm and happy, but then his eyes narrowed, “What’s wrong?” He saw Somin’s teary eyes. Hyunjoong suddenly felt unease. Does she regret it all?

 

Somin shook her head slightly. “I love you—“ She murmured while sobbing.

 

Hyunjoong sighed in relief. Thank God! “And, I love you. Believe in me, sweetheart.” He pulled Somin’s petite body and engulfed her wholly. “My heart chooses you. And, it never changes. We can handle this.”

 

Somin nodded and snuggled more to Hyunjoong hard chest. “I am sorry, for doubting you.”

“No, darling.” He planted a kiss on Somin’s forehead. It was never her fault!

 

“But now, I’ll fight this battle together with you, Hyunjoong.” She looked up and stared at her husband. “I won’t give up on you.”

 

Hyunjoong smiled widely and moved his body. He caged Somin under him. “You have no idea how happy I am to hear those words from you.” He kissed her.

 

Somin smiled. “I should have said those words years ago.”

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” He gave chaste kisses all over Somin’s face. “We already wasted three years.” He whispered on Somin’s ear, making her shivered. “I won’t hold back.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How is he?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Hyunjoong.”

 

Jaejoong looked at his Appa who looked him back with sad eyes. He knew that his Appa was torn. He loved his children, but he also loved his wife. He said nothing before because he didn’t want to choose. He thought that maybe in the end Hyunjoong would give the marriage a try, that Yujin was a wonderful as Somin, that his family would be just fine— but no. In a very short time, he knew his mistakes. “He did great, Appa. The projects went well. The latest—“

 

“You know that I am not asking about his work. Is he still angry at me? He doesn’t want to see me? It’s already three years.” Kim Appa asked in despair. After his first departure, Hyunjoong hadn’t saw his parents- he never went back home. The reason was obvious- He didn’t want to meet her, the source of his sorrow- Kim Yujin.

 

Jaejoong sighed deeply. “He is busy.”

“Tell him I want to see him. At the place he prefers.”


Jaejoong went silenced. He knew that their Appa missed him, his last boy. As family, they were never truly separated, and now- They hadn’t seen each other for more than three years.

 

“Tell him- please-“

 

Jaejoong sighed deeply. “I’ll tell him.” At first, Jaejoong wanted to give Hyunjoong sometime alone with Somin. They were married now and in the middle of their honeymoon. Things were started to back into places. But, he couldn’t deny his Appa’s request. That old man looked years older than his actual age. This situation brought misery to their family.

 

Eomma- Why did you do that?

 

“I think, we have to find her- Somin.”

 

Jaejoong widened his eyes. “Somin?” This was a surprise. Why in sudden Kim Appa mentioned Somin’s name? The name was never mentioned inside Kim Residence for years. As if the name was forced erased!

 

“We have to make this right. We have to bring it all back on track.” Kim Appa sighed heavily.

 

Jaejoong started to calculate the possible options.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yujin-ah, are you coming to my place tonight?” Kwanghee asked, full with hope.

 

Yujin rolled her eyes. Come to your place? In your dream! Damn! She now realized her mistake. She shouldn’t tie herself with Kwanghee this way! She just felt stress- She needed company- But she didn’t need someone that would keep on bugging her like this. In addition, with him was not that good. “Kwanghee-ah, I’ll come when I have time. There is something I have to do first.” She kept her manner. However, Kwanghee had the power to ruin everything.

 

“Promise me?” Kwanghee sounded desperate.

 

Yujin gritted her teeth. Bothersome! Just after she wanted to walk away from her room, she spotted Kim Eomma. Yujin grinned widely. “I’ll call you later.” Without waiting for reply, she cut the connection and hurriedly walked to Kim Eomma. “Eomma~” She called her sweetly.

 

Kim Eomma took a glance to Yujin without stopping. She didn’t want to talk to the snake.

 

Yujin grinned and grabbed Kim Eomma’s upper hand, stopping her right away. “Don’t ignore me, Eomma.”

 

“What do you want?”

Yujin smiled sweetly. “I want my husband. And you are going to help me with it.”

 

“No.”

 

“No?”

“The deal was clear. I helped you back there- I forced him to marry you. It wasn’t enough?”

 

Yujin released Kim Eomma’s arm. “Well- This isn’t the marriage life I imagine. My husband has left me for three years now.”

 

“That is not my problem.”

Yujin chuckled. “Of course this is your problem too, Eomma. You see- I still hold your secret.”

 

“Don’t you dare!” Kim Eomma hissed angrily.

 

“Help me first- Guarantee my happiness with Hyunjoong and I will let you free.” Yujin pinched Kim Eomma’s cheek softly before walked away from her.

 

Kim Eomma stood still and started to cry silently. She cursed herself over and over again. Her past sin brought this to them- Her fault burned her family happiness. This house was once heaven for her- But not anymore- Now this was hell. Her husband ignored her. Her first child maintained his distance. Her last child vanished!

 

 

 

 

 

“I cannot reach her.” Gyuri murmured worriedly while put back her phone on her desk.

 

“Try again.” Yunho said, encouraging her.

 

Gyuri shook her head. “She switched off her phone.”

 

“Who are you trying to call?” A sudden voice was heard.

 

Gyuri and Yunho turned their faces. “Mr Shim-“

 

“Hm?” Changmin sat on the office chair in front of Gyuri.

 

“I was trying to call Somin, Mr Shim.” Gyuri answered.

 

“Somin? Why?”

 

“Well- She hasn’t showed up since she left this office two days ago.”

 

 “She is taking her day offs. She already told me and asked for my permission.” He couldn’t say that she was at her honeymoon at the moment, right?

 

“Oh.” Gyuri and Yunho looked at each other.

 

“But, she looked troubled before. Something was bothering her. We are worried.” Gyuri said again.

 

Changmin smiled and felt somehow proud. People who worked for him were just awesome and wonderful. They cared for each other’s. “She is ok now.” Changmin fished out his phone.

“Really? How do you know?” Gyuri couldn’t help to ask. She was curious. She knew that Somin had close relationship with Mr Shim’s wife. And when he said that she was ok now- Oh, she hoped that Somin was truly fine now.

 

Changmin smiled. “I just know.” He stood up. “She will be back next week.”

 

“Uhm-“ Yunho still tried to find out. “How about the project with Mr Kim?” He noticed that Gyuri threw shocked expression at him. He had guts!

 

“What about it?”

 

“Well- Somin isn’t here- We still have to-“

 

“Ah,” Changmin smiled widely. “I already presented our idea to Mr Kim two days ago, and he agreed. So, I assume we are still on. That remind me- Gyuri please set coordination meeting- the four of us- next week. We will wait for Somin then start to work on this project.” Changmin walked away, leaving stunned Gyuri and Yunho.

 

“Too many mystery.”  Gyuri murmured while Yunho only nodded in silence.