(8) The opening

The Affair

Hmmm... So, I was trying to post short update faster than before.

Please expect very short update. Watch out for typos. I hadnt reread it again.

 

 

 

 

 

Somin hardly remembered what happened during dinner. She kept on spacing out- She wasn’t engaging herself to the conversation- She even didn’t remember the taste of the food even though she managed to finish it. And of course, it was all because of Hyunjoong’s presence. Worst, she sat next to him. Being that close to Hyunjoong wasn’t good for her heart and sanity.

 

“Eunjung and me?” Changmin’s eyes lit with happiness. He took Eunjung hand and kissed it softly. “Things are not easy for us. But, we never let go.” The couple stared at each other lovingly. “I love her enough to fight the world for her.”

Hyunjoong’s body became stiff. He instantly regretted his question because he had prediction to the next story based on the opening information. After dinner, Changmin insisted to resume the talk at family room. They served themselves tea, coffee and snacks. He said after marriage, Somin and Hyunjoong were the first friends who came and visited them at their new house. He wanted to spend more time with them.

 

Somin looked down and tried to deaf her ears. She already knew about their stories. She had become part of it for three years already. Let say- Their stories were pretty similar with hers. But they definitely had different ending.

 

“We had been together for years when I learned that My Eomma already promised me to her friend.” Changmin laughed. “She said that she let me enjoyed my youth before getting serious. She assumed Eunjung as my intermezzo before she handed me to her friend, to be his in-law, his successor.”

 

“And my Changmin here stubbornly rejected the idea and stood in front of me, defending me.” Eunjung giggled. “He even proposed to me, out of nowhere.”

 

“You see- To be honest, we are already married in front of God for almost three years. But, we just registered our marriage and had the party a month ago.” Changmin said.

 

Eunjung smiled. “For me, husband and wife in front of God is what matters most.”

 

Changmin stole a kiss from Eunjung’s lips. “My family accepted us two years after the marriage. Thanks God! But yes- It wasn’t easy for me, especially Eunjung. However, in the end, we win.”

 

Pregnant silence filled the room just after Changmin ended his words. Hyunjoong was lost in his thought. Eunjung’s words caught him off guard. “For me, husband and wife in front of God is what matters most.” Of course! Why he didn’t think of it? He looked at Somin who thought that her lap was a much better view than anything else. Husband and wife in front of God! Hyunjoong smiled widely. Yujin and he were legally married by paper but never in front of God. Somin would be the only woman he married in front of God. Only she!

 

Kim Hyunjoong had made up his mind.

 

Somin sighed deeply, feeling extremely tired in sudden. She felt that her energy was drowning fast. Meeting Hyunjoong today brought lots of different feeling.

 

“Somin-ah, it’s late. Why don’t you spend a night here?” Eunjung’s voice brought Somin back from reverie.

 

“Eh? Uhm-“ She looked at her wristwatch and noticed that it was already ten at night. “No. I better go home.”

 

“Oh- Okay.” Eunjung glanced at Changmin who talked to Hyunjoong. “Changmin-ah, I think we better take Somin home.”

“Eh- No Need.”

 

“Alright.” Changmin replied. “It’s dangerous young lady. And-“


“I can take Somin home.” Hyunjoong said suddenly.

 

Somin turned her face and immediately found Hyunjoong’s face. Again, her heart moved crazily. Logically, she should hate him for breaking everything that they had three years ago. But no- She realized that she failed it. Kim Hyunjoong was still there- Inside her heart. Strong and irreplaceable.

 

Seeing Hyunjoong and Somin’s interaction, Changmin found it quite intriguing. “Uhm- Hyunjoong-ssi, are you sure?”

 

Hyunjoong smiled at Somin. “Yes. I’ve never been this sure before.” Then, he moved to see Changmin and Eunjung. “Changmin-ssi, Eunjung-ssi- Please forgive me and please help me.” He bowed down to the couple.

 

“Hyunjoong-ssi, what are you doing?” Eunjung shouted in shock.

 

Changmin widened his eyes but said nothing.

 

Somin just gasped and closed with her right hand. What is he doing?

 

Hyunjoong straightened his body. “I made mistakes- I hurt the only woman that I love-“

 

Changmin moved his body a little. “Please- Don’t tell me-“

 

“Yes.” Hyunjoong nodded. “Three years ago, I violated my words to Somin. I wasn’t strong enough to fight my mother.” He looked at Somin who were already crying silently. “I hurt you. But please believe me that I hurt myself the most. You know that I love you, sweetheart. Until now.” Hyunjoong’s eyes also misted with tears. “Please Somin, give me a chance.”

 

Somin looked down and started to cry hard.

 

Hyunjoong moved closer to Somin and kneeled in front of her, holding her hands tight, afraid that she would let go. “Forgive me. I am sorry.” Hyunjoong started to drop a tear then put down his head on top of Somin’s hands.

 

Eunjung cried to and hugged Changmin’s arm. So, he was the one. He was the person who broke Somin’s heart almost beyond repair. He was Somin’s happiness and sorrow. Oh my God!

 

Changmin rubbed Eunjung’s head softly, trying to ease her cries. She was such a cry-baby. “So, what are you going to do, Hyunjoong-ssi? If I am mistaken, you are already married?”

Eunjung gasped and looked at Changmin in disbelief. Married? Oh Somin- She cried again.

 

Hyunjoong lifted his head and dried his face. He also wiped up Somin’s tears. “It was a setup- I was tricked. And yes, I am legally married. But not in front of God.” Hyunjoong felt his heard moved fast. “Somin-ah, marry me. Marry me in front of God.”

 

That was insane! The time stopped after those words left Hyunjoong’s lips.

 

“Sweetheart, marry me. Be my wife in front of God.” Hyunjoong said again. “Please-“

 

“Is it possible?” Eunjung whispered.

 

Somin kept still. Her mind was blank.

 

Eunjung shook Changmin’s arm.  “Changmin-ah, is it possible?”

 

“Uhm-“ Changmin was also speechless.

 

Hyunjoong heard it. He heard Eunjung’s question. And, seeing Somin’s numb position, he thought that maybe she thought the same. “Sweetheart, this will do. I never marry her in front of God- only by paper. We also never celebrate the wedding. I never confirm that I am married. She is the one who declares it whenever she is in public. Even my family never answered questions related to my status.” He put Somin’s palm on his cheek. “Please-“

 

“But-“ Somin muttered. “You- are—still—“

 

“Please—“ Hyunjoong kissed Somin’s palm longingly.

 

Somin held her breath and looked at Eunjung who looked back to her with her red eyes. “Eonni-“

 

Eunjung looked at smiling Changmin then back to Somin. “Follow your heart.“ She tightened her grab on Changmin’s arm. “I’ll support every decision that you take. I want you to be happy.”

 

Somin closed her eyes, thinking about the decision she would take. Marry him? In front of God? Is it allowed? He is married literally. But- Is it ok to take this chance? It is ok to be selfish? I want him too. I love him too much that it’s hurt for not being with him. What should I do? What decision should I take?

 

 

 

 

Comment please, and I might update faster.. Hehehe. Thanks.