(3) The impact

The Affair

 

 

"She doesn't want to go out and meet you, Hyunjoong." Jung Eomma said after she failed in pursuing Somin who was sobbing hard inside her room to see him. Finding crying Somin and devastated Hyunjoong, she immediately knew that something was wrong. She was never- Hyunjoong and Somin were always-

 

"Is it ok if I go and try all by myself?" Hyunjoong carefully asked. He couldn't lose her this way. No he couldn't.  He was forced. His Eomma put a sharp knife onto in order to make him sign the paper. It was not he did that willingly.

 

Jung Eomma nodded once. "I'll be watching. I don't want my daughter feel more pain than the one I saw just now." Her voice was soft but it was bullet directed to his heart. She was threatening him.

 

Of course Hyunjoong understood. He just stayed silence and made no explanation. The one who needed his words was Somin. Her alone. Slowly he approached her room. Even though the door was closed, Hyunjoong was still able to hear that his woman was crying. Her cries broke his heart, creating tears on his eyes. "Somin-"

 

No answer. She kept on crying and Hyunjoong started to cry too.

 

"Somin- Sweetheart-"

 

Somin heard it. She heard Hyunjoong calling her from outside. She wanted to go out and embraced him like she always did. But now- It was forbidden. 


"Somin listen-"

 

"Go." Somin told him with such effort, producing crack and unclear voice. "Leave, Hyunjoong."

 

"You have to know." He was insisted. She had to know that he didn't do that in purpose of hurting her or betraying whatever that they had. He did that just to save his Eomma. "I had to sign the paper. Eomma-"

 

"Stop it!"

 

"Eomma tried to kill herself. I had to- Forgive me." He wiped up the tears from his eyes. "I love you, Somin. For me, you are the only woman-"

 

"That's no use. No matter what-" He was married now. Those words- Those were only empty words. “You are- somebody’s husband now.”

 

Shock gasp was obvious from Jung Eomma. She was in surprise. He was somebody’s husband? Kim Hyunjoong was somebody’s husband now? But, how come? She always thought that Hyunjoong and Somin- That they would end up together. But no. She knew that her daughter spilled the truth and Hyunjoong made no effort to deny.

 

“I am going to make this right.” Hyunjoong promised. “I will make Yujin sets me free.”

 

Behind the door, Somin shook her head forcefully. No she wouldn’t. How could she be this blind? After she knew that it was Yujin, Somin let her wall down. She let her spending times with Hyunjoong with the excuse of setting plan to cancel the wedding. But just now, when she saw her the paper- that victorious smile- Kim Yujin would never let Kim Hyunjoong go. She would never do that.

 

Kim Yujin aimed him. She was after her man.

 

“Hyunjoong?” Jung Eomma finally called him when she was no longer able to hold her tears.

 

Her soft voice made him turned around. When those teary eyes met, Hyunjoong made his decision. “I will never be anyone else’s husband but Somin’s. Have faith in me, Eomma. I will make things right.”

 

“But- Yujin’s? Yujin’s husband?”

 

“By paper.” Hyunjoong took Jung Eomma’s hands and held it tight. “I had to save- She was threatening me. If I refused, Eomma would kill herself right in front of me. I had no other choice.” He started to cry again. “Please- believe in me. I only want your daughter-“

 

“But- Somin is right. As long as you are Yujin’s husband- Both of you-“

 

“No, Eomma.”

 

“Both of you should keep your distance.” Jung Eomma his hands. She could feel it -  Hyunjoong’s pure love toward Somin. But the situation- the condition- She didn’t want false hope for her, her precious daughter. “Make things right and come back again.”

 

“Eomma-“

 

“I am sure that Somin- She will stay still.” Jung Eomma also knew that her Somin was head over heel for him. He was the center of her life. “If-“

 

“I will be back. Soon.” Hyunjoong embraced Jung Eomma tightly, feeling thankful for the trust he got. “Please- take care of her. Please- Please- I love her, Eomma. So much.” He murmured with pain on Jung Eomma’s ear.

 

She caressed his back and nodded. “I know. I will take care of Somin while you are gone.”

 

“Thank you.” And, they pulled apart. Hyunjoong glimpsed toward that closed door. “Somin- Sweetheart- I will be back. Please- Wait for me.” And he walked away.

 

Somin heard it all. She heard the promise he made. She wanted to dream again- She wanted to believe- One more time- But, she didn’t have the courage. The pain- the broken heart- the feeling of being betrayed- The tears- She couldn’t- Her heart was spent. She had no room to keep the promise.

 

 

 

 

Kim Residence living room was in total silence. There were three people there but no one said anything.

 

Jaejoong had no idea what to say- Since he witnessed the dramatic step his Eomma took to make Hyunjoong sign the paper- He completely lost respect over her. That was too much. He lost respect not because the silly action- But, he had the feeling that she hid something- Something really bad that she was willing to put her own son in hell. Hyunjoong was always her golden boy. He knew that. Jaejoong never felt envious. Because he also knew that he was his Appa’s golden boy. It was all fair. But now- Why Hyunjoong? Why in sudden? Why Kim Yujin?

 

Kim Appa felt ashamed and sad for Hyunjoong. He couldn’t forget the teary eyes Hyunjoong had when he signed the paper.  When their eyes met- He knew that Hyunjoong felt disappointed. He felt disappointed over his own Appa for not standing next to him, for not defending him – defending his right to be happy with Somin. Kim Appa seriously feared that the disappointment turned into hatred. He didn’t want to be hated by his own child.

 

While Kim Eomma- She fought the urge to cry. Despite the fear- She once hoped that Hyunjoong would let her died instead of signing the paper. But again- Of course she knew her son- He would never let her died like that. However-

 

“Ok. I am done.” In sudden, Yujin showed up, making the three looked up at her. “I’ve arranged my things inside Hyunjoong’s room. And now- I feel like eating snacks. Anyone?” Due to her prediction, no one answered. “Oh well- Ah, yes.” She clapped her hands when she remembered something. “About the wedding party- Eomma, we have to-“

 

“I am not feeling well.” Kim Eomma stood up, heading to her room.

 

Yujin just smirked and glanced to Kim Appa and Jaejoong. “Wine anyone?”

 

Kim Appa stood up. “I also need my rest.” And, he walked away.

 

“How about you- brother in law?”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “Yes. I think I need red wine.”

 

“Coming.” She headed to the mini bar.

 

Jaejoong stood up and approached Yujin. “Well- That’s good you feel comfortable already. It is like you belong to this family.” He said when Yujin took the wine glasses.

 

Yujin smiled. “Really? Maybe I am the real daughter in law.” She said with proud.

 

Jaejoong smiled. “Maybe- But again- You have to give Hyunjoong some times. I believe he is still in his dreamland with Somin in it.”

 

Yujin’s happy face vanished when she heard Somin’s name was mentioned. “That name is forbidden. I don’t want anyone inside this house ever says her name again.”

 

Jaejoong nodded. “A bit difficult though- This house-“

 

“This is my house now. Hyunjoong is my husband. And no- I will warn anyone inside this house to forget all about Somin. I want her vanish from our life.”

 

Jaejoong recognized that expression. She was obsessed. And seeing her- He was sure that his prediction was right. Something was wrong and unluckily his Eomma got involved. Poor Hyunjoong- He was the victim.

 

“Oppa-“

 

“Hm?”

 

“You are going to help me, right?”

 

“About?”

 

“Making Hyunjoong fully mine?”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “Of course.” When you wanted to beat the enemy- Stay close to her- be her friend. Once you got her trust- you would know everything behind.

 

And, Hyunjoong- This woman wouldn’t let you go. Never.

 

 

 

 

Already passed midnight- But Hyunjoong wasn’t home yet. But for Yujin, that was ok. She got her man watching him. He said that Hyunjoong was drinking alone at the bar. Feeling frustrated, huh? Knowing he drank alone at the bar, Yujin knew that Somin rejected him. And, she felt relief. Good. That was good.

 

“He is heading home.”  

 

A text message reached Yujin’s mobile phone. In snap, Yujin stood up from the bed and fixed her black satin nightdress. Tonight would be the night. And, she could hardly wait for Hyunjoong to go home. She might be a but she managed to keep her ity along the way. She determined to give it only for Hyunjoong. He would be the only one who got the privilege of marking her. And, sensing that today would be the big day- She felt nervous yet excited.

 

A flash of light from a car caught her attention. Yujin rushed to the window and saw his car. Finally! She smiled widely. Once again, she fixed her dress and walked toward the bedroom door to welcome him.

 

It took her a full ten minutes before the door was opened and his shadow showed up. Yujin rushed to him and immediately knew that he was drunk. “Yeobo-“ She reached Hyunjoong’s body and helped him reaching the bed. With care, she was laying him and opened his shoes and socks. She smiled to herself. “Good. If you are drunk- Then, you will never reject me, right?”

 

Hyunjoong groaned loudly as he ed his shirt. “Ah- Somin-“

 

Yujin smirked. “Somin? Oh well- Assume me as Somin- But next time- You will see me as Yujin. Kim Yujin.” She crawled on top of him and placed herself over his crotch area. “Hyunjoong-ah..” She whispered seductively. “You are so handsome.” She caressed his face.

 

“Hm-“

 

Slowly, she pressed her lips over his, kissing him and grinding herself over his.

                                                                        

Hyunjoong caressed her hairs lovingly. “Somin-ah stay. I love you.” He murmured.

 

“And, I love you.” Yujin replied before she took off her nightdress.

 

 

 

 

 

“I cannot stay here, Eomma. I can’t.”

 

“Somin-ah..”

 

“Please.. Let me go. Please..”

 

 

Going to make this story in FF mode. Short and fast. The idea of the story hit me hard nowadays. So- maybe there will be updates within days. Maybe-