Should We Go Home?

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Smith is attempting to summon courage by inhaling deeply before entering a specific room. Helios summons him to his personal room that night. It is the first time he has been summoned to meet him alone in the closed room since they last spoke. It gave him a shiver down his spine. Even though Helios is not the only vampire in the mansion, his aura is distinct from Moon Ryeong's. While Moon Ryeong treats him warmly and always welcomes him with an open hand, Helios still harbors remorse for him as a human. Helios' gaze on him is like that of a predator on his prey. It's terrifying.

     The scientist knocked on the closed door, awaiting the vampire's response. When he is allowed to enter the room, he carefully opens the door. Helios' room is quite large, with a king-size bed in the center and a spacious interior. His room is dark because only moonlight and candles shine in through the open wide window. When he looks around, he notices Helios sitting on the middle couch, staring at him with an intimate gaze. After noticing the vampire's expression, Smith has to gulp his own saliva. He approached the vampire with caution, standing not too far away from him.

    "Is there anything I can do for you, sir?" Smith timidly inquires of the vampire.

    "How is the experiment coming along?" Helios asks questions directly.

    "I apologize, sir; I am still looking for the right formula to prevent sunburn for you. When I expose your blood to the sun, the DNA quickly deteriorates and turns to ash. I discovered that UV-A rays have a strong effect on your DNA. Once the UV-A rays reach your skin, it is as if they have been into your deepest skin and change the structure of your DNA like some strong acid damaging protein, rapidly weakening your immune system. While UV-B rays burn your skin as quickly as an activated atomic bomb." The scientist begins his explanation.

    "We humans usually use sunscreen and other products with SPA and PA to prevent the harmful effects of sun rays, but it can't be used on a vampire like you because it doesn't have the same effect as it does on us humans, so I need to find something stronger than that by developing the current formula," Smith concludes.

    "Do whatever it takes to get it done quickly, and if necessary, go to the end of the world to get it done," Helios orders firmly, throwing a heavy pouch on Smith's feet. When the pouch falls, there is a loud thud on the floor.

    "I know you'd need it to keep the experiment running smoothly," the vampire adds.

    The scientist picks up the pouch on the floor, curious about what's inside. He is astounded to learn that there are dozens of precious diamonds available, ranging from the Winston Blue Diamond to the Sancy Diamond. Smith performs a rough calculation and concludes that the diamond inside is worth at least billions dollars. He is speechless and gaping. Where did Helios get so many diamonds like that?

     "Do you think a greedy and selfish creature like me would live in poverty? For hundreds of years, I have been collecting various priceless items such as gold, diamonds, and so on. I have everything in my power. You can use it as much as you want to ensure the experiment's success. Just do it quickly." Helios simply provides funding for Smith's experiment. The scientist is speechless; the amount of diamond he received from Helios is enough for ten years of research. However, the vampire indicates that it is meaningless to him. It leads Smith to believe that Helios has a wealth that, even if wasted on ten generations of humans, will not deplete.

      "Also, how did you get so close to Moon Ryeong? She has been so quiet for the last 300 years, but she becomes so talkative when she is with you. What exactly did you do to her?" Helios asks another question, drawing the scientist's attention to himself. His expression is unreadable; he appears curious, but there is something else on his face that Smith cannot discern.

    "Miss Moon Ryeong is very interested in human life, which is why she keeps asking me questions. She is as curious as a cat and wants to know everything about us humans. In my opinion, she appears to miss her previous life as a human being "Smith carefully explains.

   "Human? A weak and evil creature? It irritates me so much that she continues to dwell on her past life and talk about it." The vampire becomes enraged by the subject. He is aware of Moon Ryeong's curiosity and longing for human life. She is now a powerful creature with an infinite lifespan. But why would she choose to live as a weak and lowly human?

    Smith becomes wary after witnessing the vampire's rage. He is afraid of saying the wrong thing in front of the vampire and enraging him in any way, so he is frozen in place and doesn't dare to move.

   "Should I... should I keep my distance from her and keep her from learning more about humans, sir?" Smith inquires, his voice trembling. Smith knows how terrifying it would be to enrage a dark and cruel vampire like Helios, so he never want to gets on his nerve.

    The great vampire fell silent as he considered Smith's question. He appears to agree with the scientist's assessment. If Smith didn't give Moon Ryeong a space and didn't answer her questions or talk with her, she might lose interest in humans and leave Smith alone. She'd go back to being queit like she used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter