The Inside Feeling

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      "That's not true, my lord; he's just a regular guy who happened to save me before. I just want to thank him for being polite because he happens to be my acquitance's son...." Moon Ryeong is attempting to explain Lee Yoon's true identity to Helios without disclosing the truth to the vampire.

    The great and cruel vampire tilts his head and stares at Moon Ryeong with his icy piercing gaze, while Moon Ryeong attempts to persuade him to believe in her. Finally, Helios releases Moon Ryeong's chin, giving the girl a huge relief in her chest, allowing her to breathe normally again.

  "How are you feeling right now?" Helios's rage fades when Moon Ryeong convinces him that the previous man, whom he hasn't even seen, isn't important to her. Now he remembers why he traveled all the way there to see her, to check on her health.

   "Thank you, my lord, my health is gradually improving as time passes." Moon Ryeong demonstrates her polite demeanor by bowing to the vampire. He appears relieved that the girl is no longer in critical condition.

   "If it's enough to recover here, then return to the capital as soon as possible." Helios gives her a direct order to return to the capital and accompany him there. He dislikes it when they are separated by significant distances.

     Moon Ryeong was surprised to hear his order; she had a plan that she needed to carry out here, and returning to the capital right now would mean that her plan would be futile. Helios is ready to go and motions for Moon Ryeong to follow.

    "My lord!" Moon Ryeong call out at the vampire, prompting the vampire to turn around and look at her.

   "To be honest, I heard a rumour that there is a man who never shows his face during the day at Jeolla-do, and people assume he is a vampire." Moon Ryeong came up with the idea after racking her brain.

    "What exactly do you mean?" Helios inquires, suspiciously.

    "Kim Sung Gi is at Jeolla-do, he is somewhere here," Helios is taken aback by her responses. He hadn't heard anything about his sworn enemy in a long time. It is good news for Helios that he has discovered his whereabouts and will be able to find and kill him. In response to the news, he smiles cruelly.

     "I will locate him and bring Kim Sung Gi to the capital, so you can rest assured and return. The true king of Joseon should not leave the capital for an extended period of time. There are a lot of rats there who will be happy if you don't return and will take advantage of this "The lady goes on.

     Helios thinks about Moon Ryeong's suggestion for a moment before nodding. She was correct. If he leaves the capital for an extended period of time, the king of Joseon, who is considered his servant, may stage a rebellion against the vampire in order to free his country from the vampire's control. The king would try anything to prevent the vampire from returning. That would never be acceptable to Helios. He still doesn't believe the palace's family will always be loyal to him. As a result, he must exercise caution. He doesn't believe any human will be loyal to him, but he wishes the girl in front of him would.

   "Make certain that you will keep your word," Helios decides. He will allow Moon Ryeong to stay in order for her to complete her mission of locating Kim Sung Gi for him.

    But what he doesn't realize is that Moon Ryeong doesn't want to tell Helios anything about Kim Sung Gi. Unfortunately, her current circumstances forced her to do so in order to complete her mission. For that, she must make a small sacrifice. Helios, for one, is still unaware that the man she was speaking with earlier is Lee Yoon, the crown prince. She must keep this from the vampire.

   Helios approaches Moon Ryeong and extends his hand, forcing the girl to look him in the eyes. His hand moved down from Moon Ryeong's upper face to her chin, leaving only a thin space between his palm and her cheek. He is attempting to touch her face but restrains himself. He examines every detail of her face before lowering his palm.

    "Then I'm going," he said. He vanished in a flash, leaving a gust of wind in his wake.

     After his departure, Moon Ryeong remains motionless. She has an uneasy feeling. It's been a while since the cruel vampire has acted like that around her. Through his actions, he is attempting to convince something that he may not even be aware of. But Moon Ryeong can only hope that her assumption is incorrect.

    The night has turned into a bright day, and Moon Ryeong is staring at the bright sun with an uneasy feeling. She wonders deep within her mind. Was the vampire already in his cave in the capital, safe from the sun's rays? She is well aware of the great distance between Jeolla-do and the capital. With his speed, how long does Helios need to travel to the capital? She can't help but be worried about it.

    "I heard there was a festival tonight; the show must be spectacular." When Moon Ryeong's female attendant notices her master's gloominess, she strikes up a conversation.

    "A festival?" Moon Ryeong's gaze shifts to the female attendees. The younger girl begins to promote the festival and persuade Moon Ryeong to attend. The lady's attention is drawn away from the topic when she notices Lee Yoon approaching her, accompanied by his guard, who is dressed in commoners' garb. An idea had just occurred to her.

    "My lord,"s he begins. Moon Ryeong politely greets the undercover crown prince. Lee Yoon returns her greeting with a smile.

    "I apologize for abruptly leaving last night. I'd like to compensate you for my immodesty. Would you give me the opportunity to do so? If you reject my offer, I will be very upset." Moon Ryeong is attempting to persuade the crown prince to accept her offer without appearing to force him to do so.

   "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter