The Vampire's Instict

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      "Young man, you better leave before you get hurt," one of the mugglers tells Lee Yeon before letting him go. They mock the slender young man who is fighting alone against a swarm of large mugglers.

    The crown prince simply smiles and walks closer. No one knows what his true identity is. He was just walking along when he noticed a group of mugglers attempting to get a young woman in trouble. So he showed up to assist her. The big guys rush forward to strike the young man, but Lee Yeon is adept at dodging all of their attacks. With only a few minutes left, the crown prince is able to defeat all of the mugglers on his own.

    When Lee Yeon smiles and approaches her, Moon Ryeong, who had been watching from the side, looks at him with a straight face. She has no idea who he is or whether he is there to help her or to put her in danger. As a result, the young woman's grip on the rock she is holding becomes tighter. She is prepared to attack if he intends to harm her.

   "Are you all right, miss?" Lee Yeon inquires politely of Moon Ryeong. He keeps his distance because he knows Moon Ryeong is wary of him. He puts on his best smile to persuade the girl that he will not harm her.

   "I believe it is quite dangerous here, so I will accompany you home... What are your thoughts?" He is still attempting to persuade her. At that time, Moon Ryeong's female attendant approached her and attempted to converse with her master.

   "Miss... Let's go home with him for the time being... I don't want you to get into any more trouble here "said the female attendee, her voice trembling. Moon Ryeong looks at her and notices that the girl with her is trembling in fear. She also sustains bruises to her face and hand.

  "I guess she's hurt," Lee Yeon says, referring to Moon Ryeong's concern about the female attendance. He is attempting to use her sympathy for the girl to persuade her to accept his offers to safely her home. When she hears his statement, Moon Ryeong frowns.

   "I will accompany you two home so your servant can receive prompt treatment," the crown prince offers.

   "No way, sir! I'm fine. I don't require treatment "the female in attendance attempting to reject his kindness She is afraid to ask for treatment for her wound because it is common for her to get a small scrap in order to protect her master.

    "Let's just go home," Moon Ryeong finally said, brightening Lee Yeon's smile.

    "I would never hurt you in any way. So you're free to take that rock with you. Just in case you think I'm going to hurt you. You are free to hit me with that...." Lee Yeon indicates the rock by pointing to the woman's hand. It causes Moon Ryeong to stare at him with her usual cold gaze.

   "I certainly will," she says.

  Just as they agreed, Lee Yeon takes the Choi family's daughter to her home without any malice. To protect her, he walks three steps behind her and the female attendant. They walk silently. Lee Yeon turns around and leaves without saying anything once they arrive at the Choi family's house and Moon Ryeong's safety is assured.

   Moon Ryeong, on the other hand, did not turn around at all along the way, despite the fact that she can vividly hear Lee Yeon's footstep and ensure that the man keeps his promise to safely her home. She turns around just as the main gate is about to close after entering the house and walking up the stairs. She can see Lee Yeon's back as she walks further away until the gate is tightly shut.

   The next day, Moon Ryeong spends her time painting a beautiful orchid on a fabric sheet. She paints with a sad expression on her face. She recalls a memory from her childhood when she used to present her painting to a special person for her. Her mother.

   "Miss, I am here," a man's voice can be heard outside her room.

   "Come in," the mistress says, not looking at the approaching young man and insisting on continuing her painting. Before making a report, the young man dressed as a knight bows to her.

    "I confirm that Kim Seong Yeol is currently staying at Jeolla," the knight says.

    "Jeolla?" Moon Ryeong paused her painting to think for a moment."Isn't that the province where the queen is currently staying?" she asks.

   "That's correct, miss"

   The queen left the palace years ago, leaving her husband and the crown prince behind. According to legend, the queen opposed the king's ascension into a vampire servant and allowed their people to die for the monster's sacrifice. That is why the queen has been sent into exile from the palace. Because Kim Seong Yeol, Helios's sworn enemy, lives in the same province, Moon Ryeong is suspicious if he joins forces with the queen to oppose the great vampire.

   "In addition, I discovered this in the capital. This flyer was distributed throughout the capital. The civilians are still talking about it "The knight handed Moon Ryeong a piece of paper and asked her to carefully read it.

  The flyer depicts someone expressing his displeasure with allowing a vampire to become a terror of the kingdom. The writer is attempting to persuade everyone who reads the flyer not to let the fear of dark vampires consume them. He also stated that there is more power available to put an end to vampire cruelty. He tries to give everyone hope that the dark era of the kingdom will end sooner if they believe in the hidden power.

   "the night scholar? who is that?" Moon Ryeong read the writer's initial and wondered who was brave enough to enrage Helios by writing such a thing. Helio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter