Can You See My Heart?

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moon Ryeong has lost track of how many months and how far they have traveled. All she knew was that she wasn't tired at all; her body had somehow become stronger, lighter, and more energized. However, she is still battling her desire to drink blood. Despite her strong desire to drink blood, she refuses every drop that Helios offers her. While Helios regularly kills anyone he meets in order to obtain blood in order to sustain his and his woman's lives, Moon Ryeong is doing her best to consume what normal humans eat and drink.

She doesn't care what Helios brings her and simply picks some fruits, plants, or occasionally hunts an animal to live as a human. She aspires to be a normal human and does not wish to become a monster. She believes that if Kim Seong Yeol can live as a vampir without killing anyone, she can as well. Helios, on the other hand, is concerned about her. He can't survive without it. He is concerned that if she continues to refuse the blood he gives her, she will become ill or, worse, die. But he can't do anything about her tenacity. She will always be his weakness in the end.

Helios eventually decides to settle down in a small town. They've been traveling for nearly a year and have finally arrived a place near the Seine River. Helios's attention was drawn to an old large castile. It is situated in a dense forest. The building is shaded from the sun, making it ideal for them to stay. Getting that building isn't a big deal for Helios. He doesn't care who owns this building, and when a human appears, he simply kills whoever it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

300 Years Later

"There are vampirs living in the big mansion in the forest," a rumor circulates from time to time.

It's been a long time since any human approached that location for fear of being killed by vampires. The city near the Seine River grew into a metropolitan, romantic destination known as Paris. When Helios was bored and wanted to drink blood, he would walk around the city looking for a homeless person to become his prey. He'd bring the corpse to the mansion to the blood to the last drop before dumping the lifeless body into a deep well in the yard. The mansion appears to be deserted, as if no living souls reside there. They have been isolated from the human world for a long time.

Helios goes to Moon Ryeong's room after going around looking for prey to satisfy his bloodlust. He doesn't find her there. He looks everywhere for her but can't find her in the mansion.

"Where has she gone?" he wondered.

Moon Ryeong leaves the mansion late at night and returns around midnight or early in the morning. Helios inquired about her whereabouts several times, but she refused to respond. Moon Ryeong had never spoken to Helios after 300 years of living together. She spends the day at home and goes out at night. Even though they live together, Helios feels the same when he is alone without her. Moon Ryeong's beautiful eyes were still filled with an uncontrollable hatred towards him.

"Who is there?" Helios notices a creak on the floor but knows Moon Ryeong is not present. So, who might be there? Helios attempts to inhale the air in order to assess the situation.

"Human," he smirks to himself, a prey who has voluntarily entered a lion's cage. Helios move quickly to the area where humans are present. And he is correct. He notices a middle-aged man standing strangely close to the door. Helios grabbed his neck and pushed him against the wall.

"Es-tu vraiment un vampire (Are you really a vampire)?" asked the man in French, his voice fearful but enthusiastic.Helios is taken aback by his response, but quickly regains his composure, showing his fangs at him in a sadistic manner.

" Je doute que tu viennes devenir ma proie (I doubt if you come to become my prey)" said Helios in fluent French. Even though Helios rarely communicate with normal human there, but after spending so many times at the Paris, he becomes fluent with French. He is a smart creature that could learn their languange just by him self.

"Non, s'il te plaît.... Je viens ici pour te rencontrer, pour apprendre de toi (No please.... I come here to meet you, to learn about you) "he man stated. At that moment, Moon Ryeong opened the door, drawing the two men's attent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter