A Futile Concern

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Moon Ryeong continues to cough up blood, triggering Helios's vampire instinct to desperately seek her sweet blood. The vampire has spent the entire time trying to convince himself that he should not taste her blood, no matter how sweet her scent is. There is no other human around him with a sweeter blood scent than her. He has to try not to bite her neck, but when her blood splashes out on its own and wets his skin, the vampire provokes.

   Helios was staring at Moon Ryeong's white neck, which had visible red venous vessels. Helios's red pupil eyes dilate as his murdoreous instinct awakens. Something he is very fond of. Helios emerges to bite her neck, and a fresh blood splash can be seen dripping Moon Ryeong's neck. The girl collapses and falls into Helios's embrace. However, there is no sign of a bitten wound on her white neck. Helios was biting his own lips in an attempt to control his desire to drink her blood. Because he bites his self so hard, his blood splashes on her neck.

  "Moon Ryeong-ah..." Helios's eyes return to their original colors as he regains consciousness after the woman passes out in his arms. With a deep hoarse voice, he calls her name. When he notices Moon Ryeong's lip has turned blue, he becomes terrified.

   The vampire quickly supports her body and draws her petite figure closer to his chest. Without a second thought, Helios dashed towards Choi's mansion in search of treatment for the woman in his embrace. His mind is racing with the possibility of losing her. As a result, he can't do anything logically or quickly. He simply crashed through the gate and infiltrated the mansion. The full speed ahead of his movement has created a large wind. He went straight to Minister Choi's private room.

   "Call a doctor right away!! Right now!" Minister Choi was stunned and just stared at him. The panicked vampire started yelling angrily at his lack of movement. They don't have time to waste because Moon Ryeong requires immediate treatment.

   "Ye...yes... My lord," Minister Choi staggers from his seat. Helios's anger and frustration scares him until he drives away from his stunned state. If Helios orders him to summon a doctor for Moon Ryeong, it means that his daughter is still alive.

   Minister Choi briefly examined Moon Ryeong's neck and found no evidence of her being bitten by the vampire. It appears that his daughter did not faint as a result of Helios's bite; there must be something else wrong with her. The minister immediately directed his servant to find a doctor for his daughter.

   Minister Choi escorted the vampire to Moon Ryeong's room so she could rest comfortably and be examined by the doctor there. The minister orders his other servant to take Moon Ryeong to the chamber so as not to burden the vampire, but Helios refuses any assistance and insists on carrying Moon Ryeong himself. He does not want anyone to touch her for fear of further injuring her. As a result, Minister Choi reluctantly allowed the vampire to continue holding his daughter's body.

   They quickly make a bed for Moon Ryeong, and Helios finally puts her to sleep in it. He places her delicately and carefully, as if a quick movement could break her fragile figure. Minister Choi carefully observes the vampire expression. Even though his face is straight and serious, he appears to be worried through his eyes. The sight of the vampire causes Minister Choi to frown. It's unusual for a cruel vampire like him to be concerned about a mere human like his daughter.

   "Her lungs appear to be severely damaged. I'm preparing some medicine for her, but I believe it's best if she's transferred to a location with fresh, clean air. Staying in nature and avoiding humid environments would be beneficial to her health "After carefully examining Moon Ryeong's condition, the doctor stated.

   When the doctor arrives, Helios is sitting on the table, staring intently at Moon Ryeong. His actions make the doctor nervous, and he avoids his gaze. He is unaware that Helios is the infamously cruel vampire that everyone is talking about. However, seeing his lethal gaze causes the doctor to experience severe goosebumps. He must repeatedly observe and seek Moon Ryeong's pulse, but he fails due to his fear of Helios. But no one is brave enough to tell the vampire to leave.

 "What caused it to occur? She has always appeared to be in good health "Minister Choi consults with the doctor. He is taken aback when he learns about his daughter's condition. Previously, she did not appear to be ill.

   "There are numerous factors that could have resulted in this occurrence. However, the majority of it was caused by the high humidity around her. It usually causes wet lungs. Do you think the mistress spends a lot of time every day without getting much sun and fresh air? "The doctor inquires

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter