Desire

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Moon Ryeong is still sitting quietly in the corner room, closing her eyes but not falling asleep. She is agitated. Especially after what happened last night, when she was on the verge of becoming a murderer. For her, everything in this new environment is strange. She is questioning whether she made the right decision to go this far. Yes, she is sick of living the quiet, dark life of a vampire. She was disgusted with the mansion's environment, which had been with her for a long time. She needs something new, her hidden adventure beckoning. But the prospect of encountering a human, which would reawaken her killing instincts, terrified her.

     It's almost 8 a.m. and the sun is rising higher. She is looking out onto the bright balcony. Moon Ryeong raises her head, revealing that her lip is almost blue and her face has turned pale due to a lack of blood. This warm air contrasts sharply with the mansion's cold, humid air. She stands up and moves closer to the balcony. Even though the sun does not directly touch her skin, she can sense how warm and comforting it is. Is he ever wishing for this warmth? How will he react when he realizes she is not present? The warmth of the sunrays drew her attention to a particular vampire. It bothers her.

    She shook her head, attempting to clear her mind of all sentiments of him. She closes her eyes and decides to expose her hand directly to the sunlight, which quickly burns her skin. She winced in pain, but she did not move or withdraw her hand. She wants to remember all the pain he has caused her and instill hatred in her heart. She needs to remind herself to let go of any reason to worry she has about him. She is said to harbor only hatred for him. As a result, she continues to expose her hand to the sun and allow it to burn. A knock on the door, however, interrupts her action.

    "Em... I made breakfast," Jae Rim takes a moment. He invites her to join him for breakfast and conversation. She is not responding. Jae Rim stands there patiently, not moving. She can definitely feel his presence in front of the door, so she decides to meet him. She slowly opens the door, revealing the man, who smiles sheepishly without looking her in the eyes. He greets her awkwardly and invites her to breakfast.

   On the table, he prepares a simple toast, egg friend, and milk. He explains that he can only eat a light breakfast in the morning, so he prepares this for her and himself. Moon Ryeong was only looking at the food, which was warm food for humans. She recalls an old memory of hers when someone prepared breakfast for her and it made her happy. She manages a small smile on the corner of her lips that no one notices.

    "Do I have to order a full breakfast instead? I apologize for not thinking of it." Jae Rim believes she dislikes the breakfast because she does not respond. She was just standing there staring at the table. Jae Rim notices how pale she is now, which is in stark contrast to the last time he saw her. He wants to ask her, but she sits on the chair and begins eating quietly. Jae Rim is perplexed, unsure what to do before taking a seat and enjoying breakfast with her.

   "Listen, I have no intention of driving you out of here. However, I have to return to Korea tomorrow "He informs her carefully because he does not want to offend her. He goes on to say that he will take responsibility for the accident, so she doesn't have to worry. He hands her his business card and tells her she can contact him at any time. He placed the business card near her hand on the table because she was only staring. That is when he notices her burned hand.

  "Are you injured?" He is terrified, clutching her hand in his. His unexpected action has taken her by surprise. He eximined her burnt skin before administering medicine and bandaging her scars.

   "You also appear pale; do you feel hurt anywhere?" Jae Rim looked her in the eyes w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter