His Weakness

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, Helios kisses Moon Ryeong goodbye. He knows Moon Ryeong has no desire to kiss him back and keeps her eyes open, but Helios can't help but smile when he realizes she doesn't resist his kiss. Helios gently lowered Moon Ryeong's hand and let go of her shoulder. He tries to decipher her emotions after the kiss, but her facial expression is meaningless, even for a brief moment. Helios sighs deeply, then grabs Moon Ryeong's hand and pulls her behind him as he walks.

Helios intends to flee their kingdom in order to avoid everyone who wants to kill him. He wishes to avoid Kim Sung Gi and leave his current life as a monster that everyone despises. He was well aware that the entire country was looking for him and plotting his death, especially after he assassinated their King.

He wishes to start a new life outside of this country. He wishes to leave Joseon and live in a country far away from here, where no one is aware of his existence. He wants to leave all of his grudges and ambitions behind in order to be the strongest and make everyone fear him.

He has no idea why, but all of his ambition has vanished, and he wishes to begin a new life with a woman who despises him and has stated that she wishes to make his dark and pathetic life even darker. He doesn't care if she really does that, but he really wants to live with her, only her, and be free of their current situation.

Helios leads Moon Ryeong to a proper cloth before leading him to the boat that can transport them away. Helios is dressed in casual clothes typical of scholars, whereas Moon Ryeong is dressed in a new outfit and has her head covered. They board the next boat and intend to travel west. Moon Ryeong has no idea where Helios will take her and simply follows him silently. Helios himself is unsure of where they should live, but he plans to travel around, walk, take a boat, and travel further each night.

Moon Ryeong sits silently on the boat after they arrive, while Helios stands close to her.

"It's becoming increasingly difficult to find people who want to go around with a boat lately; everyone has become so quiet and hasn't done their usual work for these days," said the fisherman who kept paddling the boat to his customers. He has no idea who his customers are. He believes they are some kind of human and never assumes they are vampires.

"geurae (is that so)? What's the problem?" Helios asks, a smile on his face.

"Since the King's death, everyone has been sad and desperate. According to some rumors, the King was assassinated by a vampire who also kidnapped the Queen. Everyone is on the lookout for that vampire right now." said the fisherman, unaware that the vampire he was referring to was right in front of him.

"How is his funeral going? Did everyone come looking for him?" Moon Ryeong asks and makes a sound for the first time. When the King is mentioned, her expression changes. Her eyes are sad, and she has a worried expression on her face.

She was aware that people despised the King and had previously spread false rumors about him. People claimed that the late king was just as utterly incompetent as the previous king, who sold their people's souls to the cruel vampire for their own safety. They thought Lee Yoon was the same weak doll king as his forefathers. However, Lee Yoon is a different king who fights the vampire bravely and rebels against the vampire's cruelty.

King Lee Yoon has always fought for the sake of his people. As a result, people's perspectives on it begin to shift. Moon Ryeong, who had always accompanied the king from a close distance, was overjoyed to hear that people had finally recognized his struggle and sacrifice for them. She knew how much the king loves his people.

When Helios hears Moon Ryeong's voice, his expression changes as well. She, who was previously silent and never said anything, finally makes a sound when people mention the King. He assumed she would remain silent and never say anything else, putting herself in the silent mode, but he was mistaken. Even after the King is dead, she continues to look after him.

"Yes, it's been five days since his death, and people are still coming to his funeral. The palace is currently in disarray over who will be the next King "The fisherman explains to Moon Ryeong.

When she learns that people continue to treat the King well even after his death, she smiles slightly. She is unconcerned about palace matters, or perhaps she is unconcerned about human matters because her life has changed. When the fisherman mentions the King, Helios notices Moon Ryeong's smile and relieved expression. He is well aware that she genuinely loves the King, and the thought frustrated him greatly.

"I'm hoping that the vampire who murdered the King is apprehended soon. After what he did to this country, he deserves to die. If I meet him in person, I will do everything in my power to kill him "adds the fisherman, expressing his dislike for Helios.

Hearing that, Helios smirked to himself. It's not the first time he's witnessed people's hatred for him and their desire to kill and destroy him. He is somehow used to hearing that everyone wants to kill him from a hundred years ago, and every time he learns of someone who wants to kill him, he can't help but be angry. He intends to kill anyone who intends to kill him.

Moon Ryeong is aware of how the fisherman's words affect Helios. She is concernedly looking at Helios. She is extremely worried that Helios will kill the fisherman, but she is also concerned about his inner feelings. She is especially worried about how that word will make him feel.

"So... why don't you try to murder him right now?" Helios inquires coldly of the fisherman."Yes?" the perplexed fisherman asks.

Helios smirked and flashed his teeth at the fisherman. His eyes turned bright red. When the fisherman realizes the man in front of him is the vampire, he is taken aback. He takes a step back to the corner as his body trembles violently. Helios quickly approached him and brutally murdered him. He his blood until the fisherman passed out. Moon Ryeong, who sits in her position and turns her face away, does not want to see that cruel frame.

"Here... let's share some blood," Helios said, dragging the dead body to Moon Ryeong while wiping his lips from blood.

Moon Ryeong stared at the stained blood for a while. Her inside desire really wants to drink that blood, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter