Chapter 7 (E2)

Friends?
VII

 
 

It was a week away from christmas and Sehun haven't prepared anything yet for this year's christmas, not even decorate his christmas tree or decorate his house. It's a waste of time and money, he thought, plus it's hard to clean all the mess up later on.

Speaking of christmas, his phone suddenly rang on his bedside table. Groaning annoyingly, Sehun sat up from laying down on his bed as he reached for his phone lazily, ugh why is Suho calling him at this time? It better be important unless he'll beat his up--

"Hello?" Sehun accepted the call from his phone. Even hearing Suho's high pitch voice hurts his ears, "Sehuuun~ Okay I'm just going to make this quick, later on christmas eve I'm holding a party at my house. Trust me, it's going to be massive and fun! I've invited a lot of people and there will be also alchohol if you want to. My parents won't even notice one bit since they're out of town from work--"

"You could have just text me rather than calling me," Sehun heaved a sigh as he continue, "Plus you'll be dead since we're still considered as underaged and we're still not allowed to drink alchohol--"

"Oh c'mon Sehun..." The other sulked as he pretended to not worry about it, "We're like only a couple years away from being legal, so why should we care? Plus don't you see other kids outside Korea? They've even got drunk when they're still fourteen! Plus I don't only invite people from our school, I've even invited a lot of girls so you never know if you wanted to hook up with one of them--"

"Suho..." Sehun only facepalm upon hearing what he just said, he couldn't believe he have that one friend that acts like a rich immature adult, "Your parents are away and you act like this? Don't you realize you're only wasting their hardwork? I know you're rich and all but, this is too far."

"So you're rejecting my offer?" Sehun can feel that Suho's raising his eyebrow while saying so, "Promise me, once I end this phone call, you'll regret for not accepting my invitation. Like look, even Jongin's going to be there! You only live once, Sehun. It's not a big deal to try--"

"I'm not going if it's that ed up." As Sehun spoke those words, he felt the awkward silence filling the air between them, "Plus I don't feel like seeing anyone right now. You said this is going to be 'quick' right? So I'm hanging up now. Bye."

Sehun quickly ended the call, not even wanting to hear another words from Suho. He heaved a sigh before putting away his phone and stretch his arms out. He took a nap before so he didn't feel like sleeping at all right now. Trying to make him fall into his slumber only wastes his time, so he only gets up from his bed and go straight to his bathroom to wash his face.

Splashing cold water to his face, he looked at his reflection in the mirror. Touching his jawline, he still has those pale skin that would never look alive for once. His jawline still looked sharp, those cold eyes that stared right back at him, and his broad shoulders.

He move away his fringes to reveal the scar from the side of his forehead. Now that he knew where it came from, everything makes sense. He got his lost memories back, he can act like a normal person again. Thus that day was the day where he lived in this world with a new start.

He should probably stop admiring himself, we all already know how much he loves himself. He pat his face with a towel and go straight to his wardrobe. Yes, he's changing his clothes and he's heading out since he can't sleep. After spraying a few spritz of cologne, he put on his coat and shoes and he's ready to go.

Another lonely walk to the park doesn't seem to hurt, right? It's also been awhile since he have visited that place, even though it would be really cold since it's already night time. But again, the cold never bother him anyway.

He has been wondering since that day, now that he got his memories back, should he talk about it with Luhan? It's been awkward between them since the incident from before, well mainly Luhan was the cause that made them both distant. It was his fault also for kissing other people right before his eyes, but why should Sehun mind other people's business?

Stupid Sehun, only if you didn't witness what he have done that made your heart crushed into pieces.

Even so, he hoped that the awkwardness will soon end. Plus, what if Luhan still didn't know that they actually met in the past? He deserves to know, even though he won't believe what Sehun said he must at least know the fact that they did met years ago.

He stopped his footsteps as he's now in front of the park, no one's seems to be here right now because why would there be anyone who goes to the park at night? Not to mention it's dangerous, but who cares, Sehun doesn't mind at all.

In front of his eyes, he spotted the pegasus statue that still shines from the lamp posts surrounding the place. It still looks beautiful, both from his imagination and in real life. He walked closer to where the statue is, but was stopped when he saw a glimpse of another person from behind the statue.

He spotted the person talking to a butterfly by himself, and then smiled as he let go of the butterfly from his fingers. He paused as he felt déjà vu all over again, when he was hiding somewhere while watching Luhan talking to a butterfly, when they were small, when they were playing hide and seek, when he was searching for Luhan.

"Luhan..." He whispered the name under his breath, "If that's really you, I really wanted to talk about many things with you, along with the regrets I've been holding inside. I can't handle the awkwardness anymore, I just wanted to clear things up that I'm not entirely mad about the whole situation and I should have known from the start that we were supposed to be together from before."

Upon whispering to himself, he startled as the person sitting behind the statue noticed his presence as he looked back to meet Sehun's eyes. Both can't help but to feel the corners of their lips curved up. It was Luhan all along, he was the one who talked to the butterfly, the one who may have heard what Sehun just said to himself, the one Sehun wished to meet again.

"I knew it was you." Sehun said as he fixed his fringes that were blown away from the wind, "I remembered when you talked to a butterfly before, like way before, a long time ago..."

"And I... I just knew who you actually are. I don't really care if you would believe me or not, but I just want you to hear me out." Sehun walked closer to him as Luhan stood up and ran up to him. Sehun was caught off guard when Luhan wrapped his arms around him. Hugging him tightly, Luhan whispered to his ears while feeling Sehun's arms wrapping around him, hugging him back.

"I miss you..." Luhan's soft voice made Sehun's heart weak, "Since the day I found out more about you... and us, I can't stop thinking about you. I just realized that we do have something in between us both... If only I realized it sooner, I could have fix all my mistakes."

"So you knew already..." Luhan only responded his question with a hum as he lay his chin on the crook of Sehun's neck. Sehun felt something cold hitting his skin, pulling away from the hug, he noticed tears rolling down from Luhan's eye.

"I'm sorry..." Sehun whispered to the other as he cupped Luhan's cheek, wiping those tears with his thumb, "I'm sorry I didn't found out about it earlier. I could have done something about it, to make you remember your past. I... I forgot about my own past because..."

Because of Luhan, because of Luhan leaving him alone, because of Luhan getting into an accident, because of Luhan--

"Because I got into an accident as well... right after yours." He continued as Luhan fell for Sehun's touch. Sehun can feel his heart beats faster at the sight in front of him, as Luhan held Sehun's hand and caress it against his cheek.

"That makes sense now..." Luhan smiled as he looked up again to meet Sehun's eyes, "I thought you forgot about me already since I was away from you for quite a while. If you did completely forgot about me, this couldn't have happened you know."

Luhan's voice slowly became shaky and more tears suddenly roll down his cheeks, "This is all my fault, the cause of your accident must be from me, if only my parents didn't decide to leave this place, if only I didn't make such reckless choices all along."

"You don't know how much I wanted to apologies to you, Sehun" Luhan slowly put down Sehun's hand from his cheek, "I've done so much that only made you feel pain. Everything that I did that hurt you is definetly my foolish mistakes, I'm in the wrong one ever since when we were young, I've made terrible life choices that mostly hurt you, I'm such a selfish human being--"

"Luhan!" Sehun grip on the other's shoulders, his serious tone silenced Luhan all of the sudden, he can't help but to stare at Sehun's dark glinting eyes.

"Stop blaming yourself... just stop... please." Sehun's voice slowly became lower as he plead, "Everything's not your entire fault, your family decided to leave this place not because of you, I was in an accident because I was not being careful, I was only in a mental breakdown and I didn't clearly know what I was doing, which made me got into an accident."

Sehun heaved a sigh as he cupped both of Luhan's wet cheeks, "If only I was careful, if only I knew what I was doing, I couldn't have got into the accident you know... I could have survived. If we did met again, I could have tried to make you remember, to help you get your memories back, that if I didn't get in an accident."

"And what has happened already happened, just leave the past in its own place. Stop thinking about your past mistakes and just... move on." Sehun whispered the last words, "Even I'm trying to move on from my own mistakes, but I'm struggling to move on from one... thing."

Luhan's sobbing stopped as he chuckled and lean in to hug the taller one, "Is it me? You're struggling to move on from me?" Sehun's eyes got wide after Luhan said so, "Well-- you could say so. I'm-- I mean since you said that you're leaving to your hometown, I thought I should move on from you. I thought that someone else might be better for you--"

Sehun was caught off guard once again, as Luhan lift his head and plant a kiss on Sehun's rosy lips. Smiling at what he just did, he whispered before closing the gap between their lips again.

"No one could replace you, Sehun. There's only one Sehun that I love dearly."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I will always love you, hyung."

"Stop calling me hyung, it's embarrassing!"

Few years later.

 

"Yeah, I don't think I can join you later. I have better things to do... Well about that, I'll make it up to you soon, okay? I just arrived at my apartment, let me get my keys first... Oh okay, I won't forget to pass the letter to him. Yeah, talk to you later."

Sehun ended the phonecall with his co-worker which happens to also know Luhan for a long time, surprisingly they were close since the first day of work. Even though it was awkward when they properly met for the first time, but everything goes fine as the day goes.

He pull out his keys from his pocket, unlocking the door in front of him. Swinging the door open, "I'm home." Sehun said loud enough for the other person to hear him. He looked around the house but the other person was not seen, he usually lay down on the couch while playing with his phone or maybe took a nap since he's a lazy deer.

As soon as he heard the dog's bark, he smiled while kneeling down, waiting for the dog to run up to him. "Have you been waiting for me?" Sehun ruffled the soft hair of his poodle, "I'm sorry for making you wait so long, Vivi. Did Mommy feed you? I'd take that as a yes." He nuzzled the dogs hair and released Vivi from his arms.

"About damn time you arrived home..." Sehun startled as he heard the voice of a sleepy person. Standing up, he only plastered his embarrassed smile watching the other person walk up to him, laying his weight on Sehun.

"Don't you know how late this is? I feel empty when you're not home in time, I could have just hired someone to keep me company..." The words he said only made Sehun chuckle, "Lulu... I worked overtime today, only for today. For the rest of the days I won't work overtime, maybe. C'mon, wash your face, I'm making dinner for today."

"Only for today?" Luhan raised his head to make eye contact with the other, "Slowly I'll be making you do the cooking and the dishes for the rest of your life..." Sehun only laughed and ruffled Luhan's messy brown locks, "You'll regret saying that later on." Because Luhan doesn't know that Sehun didn't actually worked overtime, he went out to prepare for the surprise.

"Oh right." Sehun called out for Luhan before he could go anywhere else, "Yixing left a letter for you. I don't think I should peek at it since it looks personal." Luhan's eyes widen as Sehun said the name, well it's been awhile since he hadn't heard of him for so long, he wonder how he's doing.

Sehun left the letter on the counter as he prepared the ingridients from the fridge. Luhan took the letter and went back to his room. He ripped the side of the envelope and pull out the paper inside. He wonder what he have wrote for him, it feel like ages since he have heard of him.

 

Dear Lu,

Hey. I know it's been years since we haven't talked, but I'm glad that I work at the same office as Sehun. But I do want to write a few words for you before it's too late.

Still remember when I used to like you? Well I guess you were right from before, I was not the one who deserves to be with you and that I deserve for someone better. After meeting Sehun in person and talked to him, I just realised that he is the one that's perfect for you. Well I was jealous of him from before, but then realisation hit me and I changed.

I did try to not have feelings for you anymore, and just telling you that I've found somebody else and that person is now the love of my life. Kidding you not, I met this person in a christmas eve party years ago and I don't remember how we met but somehow it feels like something is bringing us closer and until now we're still together. But I do have a bad feeling that we met in such a wrong way.

And by the way, after you left from the gang, I made up my mind and ended up leaving too. I made that decision because I also realise I earn nothing from being in it. Things would go the same either I'm in the gang or not, plus I think that I'll have a better life if I stopped from being in the gang. I'm not so sure how's the gang's doing right now, but I don't want to talk about it.

Anyways I do wish we could meet up sometimes, just to catch up with each other. That's all I got to say, I guess. I left my new number on the back so you could text me if you want.

 

Yixing

 

Luhan smiled as he flipped the paper, revealing a phone number that's supposed to be Yixing's. He was glad Yixing's able to find that other person, but most importantly he still remembered Luhan. He thought Yixing would just pretend he doesn't exist anymore, it was a plot twist indeed.

Luhan put aside the letter and goes to the bathroom to wash his face, waking himself up. Thanks to Sehun for coming home late, Luhan was able to get a good nap. But he does feel a little lonely when he's the only one in bed, when the other half of the space was supposed to be Sehun's. He could have slept better if Sehun was there.

 

Sehun were just about to finish preparing the table, when he suddenly felt arms wrapping around his waist from his back, the sweet scent of vanilla reaching up his nose. Knowing who it is, Sehun placed the last dish on the table in front of him, "You almost made me drop the plate and make you eat nothing you know."

"I missed you, that's why." Luhan nuzzled on the bare skin of Sehun's neck, as he took a peek at the dish, "Steak huh? What's with the fancy dish we have today?" Sehun only turned around to poke on Luhan's cheek, "You'll figure it out yourself." Then he move away and go to his room to change his clothes and refresh himself.

Luhan smiled as he spotted the candle in the middle of the table. He took the lighter and light up the candle for Sehun, he bet Sehun forgot to light the candle and is probably too tired. After realizing something, he smiled again as he looked again at the candle. It's his favorite scent of candle, the vanilla one. Sehun sure still remembers it until now. 

Vivi happened to run up to him after smelling the aroma of the meat, wagging his tail excitedly. Luhan only laughed as he bring the poodle up to him, "The food's not for you, Vivi. I'll give you more meat when we have more, okay?" He kissed the dog's fur, which only received a whimper as a reply, "I bet you're tired waiting for Daddy to come home, let's put you to sleep."

Doing so, he bring the poodle to its own bed to make it fall into its slumber. It only took him a few minutes to make sure Vivi is sleeping. At the same time, Sehun returned, with his clothes changed and probably looking less tired. Luhan stood up and walked back to the table, can't wait to savour Sehun's grilled steak.

"Sorry for making you wait so long..." Sehun whispered as he watched Luhan already started to slice the meat in front of him, "I promise one day I'll just make my own business, well when we're capable on making one later on." Luhan reach out the sliced meat to Sehun's mouth, letting him have the first bite first.

"Well, I was just joking about earlier." Luhan responded while Sehun accepted the meat from him, "I'm not entirely mad about it, I was only worried that you won't come home safely. And about the business, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to make it one day-- Oh, wait a minute, there's something on your mouth."

Luhan reach out his thumb to wipe the brown sauce on the corner of Sehun's lips, it off soon after. Sehun smiled at the sight, the caring personality of Luhan still stick with him until now. They continued to eat whilst feeding each other, until they're finished. Sehun tried to sneak away as Luhan did the dishes, getting the actual surprise for him.

After Luhan settled down on the couch, Sehun approached him as he got something out from his pocket. Luhan's eyes followed Sehun's as the other took a seat beside him. Pulling out the box from his pocket, Sehun just made Luhan shocked as a ring appeared in front of his eyes.

"So I actually didn't get home late from work, I got us both couple rings." Sehun showed the one that's already on his ring finger, "I'm sorry I did lie from before, but I thought that I want to do something special for the both of us. Other than couple bracelets, now we have couple rings. To be honest, it took me a while to choose the one that you and I may like."

Sehun paused to see the smile spread across Luhan's face, "It reminds me when I was the one who gave you the bracelet. Looks like the ring is now more special than the bracelet, well but I still blame you for lying to me." Luhan pouted at Sehun as the other only laughed at the sight.

Not wasting any more time, Sehun pull out the ring from the box, as he took Luhan's hand and slide the ring in, "From now on, you can use the ring to make you think of me. I would do the same too, since wearing this ring will always remind me of you."

Luhan looked closer at the ring, the ring is simple, just like the way he likes. He leaned over to hug Sehun, "Thank you." He whispered as he felt Sehun hugging him back, "... even though I was expecting a marriage proposal. You made me terrified that you might propose to me."

Sehun chuckled as he brought Luhan closer to him, "It won't be special if I propose to you this way." He pull away to meet Luhan's eyes again, "But I promise that you'll be the first and the last person I want to be with for the rest of my life."

"Likewise." Luhan whispered to him, moving his arms around Sehun's neck, "I'll always love you, Sehun. No matter what happens between us, I'll never leave you. Promise me that you won't leave me, please... don't leave me... ever again."

Sehun lean in to close the gap between their lips, "Never." He breathed, closing the gap again as Luhan pulled Sehun's head closer to him, making him fall on his back as Sehun was on top of him.

We never know when we'll find our way to reach the other person that has been waiting for us, or even how will we meet each other. It all started with a simple hi and it might fall deeper into an intimate relationship.

Friends? Well, why not. You never know what will happen and that person might be the person that'll be with you for the rest of your life. Fate will find its own way to bring us closer to the other and fate decides what our next choices will be. Things might not go the way you want, but you will be the only one who can fix it, and somehow things might get better again.

When the time comes, don't waste your chance, chase for it and make it happen.

 

•••

 

 
Author's Notes

aaaaand... cut! that's a rap everybody!

idk if this chapter is too short or not, but nah just let it be

here it is~ i present to you the happy ending (a.k.a the real ending *winks* you're welcome)

if you made it till here, congratz! you've just finished reading this hunhan fanfic!

it is considered 'complete', but epilogue is still coming! oh not to mention there's epilogues!

well because one of them is going to be rated *smirks* (the poster though... coincidence? i don't know XD), and no, there's no sadness in both epilogues, i won't hurt your feelings anymore

so yeah at this stage i'm not begging for subscribers, but if you guys want to know when i'll post both epilogues, well subscribe to this story and stay with me for a little longer :3 bcuz im lonely that's why :'3 (not meaning you guys should leave after that, feel free to stay for the rest of your life XD well i mean just don't unsubscribe unless you want me to kick your-- *glitch*)

so yea again, do subscribe so you know when the epilogues are finished and upvotes are also appreciated ^O^ feedbacks are welcome too

that's it! we'll meet again soon! adios my lovelies~ (o.< )

 

baiiiii

0Y0Lz4y.gif